Sign in to follow this  
Endimmion

A tracker and web server list for Wurm Unlimited

On 5/7/2017 at 7:43 PM, Trenchfoot said:

When you print someones 'publicly available' phone number on a billboard without even considering them, then turn around and call it a 'courtesy' to take it down.  This seems, well, rather less than courteous.

That's a bad analogy. It's more like asking the local motel to erase your phone from their copy of the phonebook that they have on the counter. And after they comply with your silly request complaining that they publish phone numbers without asking.

On 5/7/2017 at 7:43 PM, Trenchfoot said:

Run an online private server as a LAN game that the public connects to via VPN.

If you want your server to appear on steam browser you'll still need some entry point to that VPN that's connected to the outside internet, and publish the IP of that entry point via steam.

If you don't want your server to appear on steam browser then this whole discussion is moot anyway. Just set "steam query port" to 0 and distribute the address  to your players with whatever method you want (and they would use Connect by IP button).

Either option is tangential to the website.

Is there away to view all the players that voted for the month?

*UPDATE*

The design of our server list has been updated. It's not nice and probably as much ugly as before (I'm not a web designer) but as least it is a little bit more modern, working better on responsive devices and now we can focus on the future new features.

Thats nice, but the votingsystem does still not working for me ;)

Eject

Edit: Sorry it is working, i thought its corrupted because i cant see the value of votes at the vote-button on my website.

It would be awesome if we can have this button back.

Edited by Eject

So apparently now you can't vote with an adblocker enabled. I'm strongly considering removing any references to it from my site and servers as stuff like that both hurt the integrity of the rankings and expose my players to potential security threats.

Anyone feel like starting an alternative that doesn't suck? :P

• Like 1

lol these guys are such a fail.....asked a nice question, got a asshat answer back, told them off and banned from site with server removed...... toooo funny.

Stay Away from these guys.