Sign in to follow this  
Endimmion

A tracker and web server list for Wurm Unlimited

Dear Wurm Unlimited Community,

https://wurm-unlimited.com is a server list and tracker for Wurm Unlimited.

It is not just a simple server list. The list has lots of features:

• Browse servers by: rank, countries, versions, uptime, tags ....
  • Complete search features: Find the best server for you using, our search engine with multi-criteria
  • Favorite system: Build your own list with your favorites servers
  • Comment system: Leave comments on servers and discuss directly with their owners
  • Achievement and leaderboard
  • User profile
  • Server status check: All servers are checked every 5 minutes, to guarantee you an up to date list
  • Server statistics: Get detailled charts for your server: players connected, votes, rank and uptime
  • Server notifications: Received notifications when your server goes offline
  • Vote system: Vote every day for your favorite server
  • Dynamic status banners: Show your server status on your website/forum with our nice dynamic banners
  • Support for "private" servers (hidde address)

https://wurm-unlimited.com

Best regards,

Edited by Endimmion
Better formatting
  • Like 2

This is such an excellent idea that will certainly aid in the overall success of Warm Unlimited. Hope that this gets all the attention it needs. Great work setting this up.

• Like 1

This is such an excellent idea that will certainly aid in the overall success of Warm Unlimited. Hope that this gets all the attention it needs. Great work setting this up.

thank you  :D

Probably not QUITE the right section to put this, though I'm not sure where a better place is. I've been using the website for a week or two now and it is working pretty well. I'll soon lose 1st place due to lack of population, but it's been fun while it lasted. :P Trying to figure out the API to try and implement a way to automatically pay out voting rewards... not working very well so far, lol.

We added four new tags :

- PvP

- PvE

- Vanilla

- Modded

We cannot update automatically servers with these new tags, because server don't return these information. So server owner will have to update their submission.

Cant you just use the info from the Wurm client GUI that shows all public servers  for your site? Then you would'nt have to rely on random players signing up and then you'd have all servers info.

Cant you just use the info from the Wurm client GUI that shows all public servers  for your site? Then you would'nt have to rely on random players signing up and then you'd have all servers info.

We could import all servers from Wurm Unlimited, but this is not the problem. Even if we do that, we will still not have the information about PvE, PvP, modded or not. Because the query protocol of the game don't return these information.

Great list! Any chance you could add the launch date of each server to it?

Edited by Satch

I wish ranking wasn't based on convincing your community to go click / vote every day.

All you're doing is forcing servers to incentivize daily voting.

Trake, it accomplishes multiple things... first and foremost being exposing more people to ads, which generates more money for them. :P

Razor, I agree... with the way Wurm Unlimited is set up, there is no need to display IP and port.

• Like 2

On 23/11/2015 17:59:58, razoreqx said:

Any way you can strip out the IP and port number?  

Yes, you can do that very easily. You just have to set your server in "private" mode on our website, then the IP and port is hidden.

Example here : http://wurm-unlimited.com/server/35/

*UPDATE*

Our server list and tracker for Wurm Unlimited has been switched to HTTPS.

*UPDATE*

We hit a new record last month with almost 2,500 unique visitors.

• Like 1

*UPDATE*

We added an automated process to claim your server if it is already registered by someone else.

*UPDATE*

- We added a "fake vote" feature to test our API without the limit of the vote system
- Support for Discord server has been added
- We do now show the real version number for each server.

On 11/25/2015 at 3:22 PM, Endimmion said:

Yes, you can do that very easily. You just have to set your server in "private" mode on our website, then the IP and port is hidden.

Example here : http://wurm-unlimited.com/server/35/

So you're essentially saying 'Sign up to our website, or else!'.  This reflects poorly on you, and indicates to me that you will likely mishandle any information that you collect.  I don't remember anything in the Wurm Unlimited TOS informing me that if I were to create a private server, my IP address and port would 'automatically and without my consent', be logged for publication to a list by an unaffiliated third party.

Mind you, I'm not trying to make a legal case here.  My point is that this practice does not cultivate trust in the community.  I really do appreciate what you're trying to do, which is why I'm posting this.  When you don't take thing kind of thing seriously, it makes it extremely difficult to support what you're doing.  It lends credence to certain ideas, like the suspicion that you want to discourage private IPs, so that more people will sign up with your hosting affiliates.

Respectfully, please reconsider your position on this?

Sincerely.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trenchfoot said:

So you're essentially saying 'Sign up to our website, or else!'.  This reflects poorly on you, and indicates to me that you will likely mishandle any information that you collect.  I don't remember anything in the Wurm Unlimited TOS informing me that if I were to create a private server, my IP address and port would 'automatically and without my consent', be logged for publication to a list by an unaffiliated third party.

Mind you, I'm not trying to make a legal case here.  My point is that this practice does not cultivate trust in the community.  I really do appreciate what you're trying to do, which is why I'm posting this.  When you don't take thing kind of thing seriously, it makes it extremely difficult to support what you're doing.  It lends credence to certain ideas, like the suspicion that you want to discourage private IPs, so that more people will sign up with your hosting affiliates.

Respectfully, please reconsider your position on this?

Sincerely.

By setting up such a server to the "Internet" mode you automatically broadcast your IP address and the ports your server is running on to all currently active Wurm Unlimited clients which are browsing the Internet tab. Which means every WU player can see your IP address and the ports behind your server no matter if you want that or not.

You agree to that in the Steam TOS. If you don't want that don't run a public server.

Yes, we all know that.  Once again, this is not a legal issue, nor a technical one.  My post was entirely about perceptions.

In short, to have a default position where you 'publish' IPs without their consent, then require them to interact with you in order to make them private, it speaks to ones character.  One would think that the default position would be to make them private by default and then request they be 'published'.

In essence, what about those that don't want their IP published, and don't want to have to interact with a website to make it private?  Is there a place for these people in the community?  Or do we just write them off?

Personally I don't mind being able to be reached, but I do think that's something different than posting your phone number on a billboard in front of 30,000 commuters.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2017 at 10:36 PM, Trenchfoot said:

In short, to have a default position where you 'publish' IPs without their consent, then require them to interact with you in order to make them private, it speaks to ones character.  One would think that the default position would be to make them private by default and then request they be 'published'.

YOU publish your IP to the whole world when you start an online server. That's how steam works.

The fact that this website allows hiding the IP from few is nothing but a courtesy. 

The IP of every public server on steam is visible to the entire world, regardless of this site's existence.

On 5/2/2017 at 10:36 PM, Trenchfoot said:

In essence, what about those that don't want their IP published, and don't want to have to interact with a website to make it private?  Is there a place for these people in the community?  Or do we just write them off?

Their options are:

• Running an offline private server.
  • Getting someone else run the server for them.
  • Not running one at all.

While it would be nice for them to have an option to have a public server without publishing their IP, such an option would have to be made only by Valve, which i can assure you don't read this topic :P

Their interaction with the website is entirely tangential to this, as their IP wouldn't be any less public even if the site didn't exist at all.

=============

@Endimmion- is there some way to get accurate player counts to show up on the listing for server clusters? I currently have a separate login server (the one you see on the list), and 2 game servers connected to it. Most of the time there is no one on the login server so it shows 0 players in the list, while there may actually be 20-30 people on the game servers.

Edited by bdew

8 hours ago, bdew said:

YOU publish your IP to the whole world when you start an online server. That's how steam works.

There is a difference between 'publish' (publicly available), and 'publish' (printed to publication).  Again, you're arguing legality.  You're saying 'legally', they have the right to disregard the wishes of the people to whom the information belongs to.

I completely agree.  For the third time, my beef isn't a legal one.  It's the part where they have 'zero regard for the wishes of the people whose information they print to publication (by default)', in a nutshell.

When you print someones 'publicly available' phone number on a billboard without even considering them, then turn around and call it a 'courtesy' to take it down.  This seems, well, rather less than courteous.

Another option:

- Run an online private server as a LAN game that the public connects to via VPN.