Sign in to follow this  
Jonneh

Online Map Viewer

Interesting it works fine for me in firefox and IE...  I did have to clear the cache in Firefox after his last update though.

For those who have had issues or didn't understand how to do this here is a video to help you get it working.

• Like 5

Where do i find this?   WU & web server setup

On 09/12/2015 at 1:02 AM, Trake said:

You could still download your map files from the server periodically, run the .jar, generate the files and upload them to a ftp webserver you setup. You won't be able to live view though with Citadel.

We have built in the map viewer compiler and map viewer so users can compile maps straight in our game control panel and schedule this too. We have provided a basic webserver also so users can keep their map viewer updated realtime.

wurm-map-viewer.png

Edited by CitadelServers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CitadelServers said:

We have built in the map viewer compiler and map viewer so users can compile maps straight in our game control panel and schedule this too We have provided a basic webserver also so users can keep their map viewer updated realtime.

wurm-map-viewer.png

With permission from the author of course right?     :)

5 hours ago, razoreqx said:

With permission from the author of course right?     :)

The viewer is MIT licensed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bdew said:

The viewer is MIT licensed.

I was playng with Citadel bdew...   but Jonneh is cool and deserves a donation or two even though its free advertisement for Wyvrn.    hehe..

You're so serious all the time!

Looks like a very nice tool.

For my setup, I have one big question: Does the wurm-server and the web-server have to be the same machine?

I have two different servers, one standalone webserver (linux) and one wurm (windows).

10 hours ago, Jukken said:

Looks like a very nice tool.

For my setup, I have one big question: Does the wurm-server and the web-server have to be the same machine?

I have two different servers, one standalone webserver (linux) and one wurm (windows).

No just has to communicate with the RMI port of the cluster or login server.   

The newer version doesn't use RMI any more, it needs access to the map and database files. You could do it across separate machines by setting up the server directory as a shared folder on the windows machine then using something like samba on the linux machine to access that and point the map viewer to the shared directory. It'd probably run a bit slower as it would need to copy a couple hundered megabytes of data across the network each time you update the map. Alternatively you could run it on the windows machine then have some automated way of uploading the generated map to the linux machine over (s)ftp.

Edited by Jonneh

So I got to messing around with the map program.

ADDED:

• Tower coding that marks and labels towers with kingdom (it will search databases and label them with their chat window name no need to input manually)
  • kingdom coloring that match towers and deed name coloring (currently done with 0-9 that defaults to white after that)
  • a little more touch friendly as the zooms, flat/3d and the New "tower and deed" toggles will respond to touch input now.
  • Toggle buttons for Showing deeds and Towers (both off by default)
  • Permanent deeds now also include orange border box to help prevent confusion with other markers
  • Added double click zooming function

Not all the coding is pretty but considering i'm a pretty much a novice at this, I feel I did pretty good. Feel free to improve on it any

I've also included runmapviewer.bat for those with a JRE installed no need to bring up command prompt if you use that. All it includes is 

java -jar mapviewer.jar

pause

Known issues:

• The tower toggle can be slow/hard to respond with touch on some devices probably more to do with location of box.
  • firefox seems to remember checks since it defaults to unchecked firefox users should uncheck, then recheck to view towers or deeds.

Download of changed viewer : TowersAndColors

For the example in action see my map here. Rivalands Map                      Example screenshot is below.

jtIbjMW.jpg

Edited by Grubok
  • Like 1

I followed a video, but whn i click on the file nothing happens... Why?

Sorry for the necromancy.

But kind of hitting rock bottom now. Does someone know how to get this generator/viewer to work on a headless server(nix)?

Running behind on map gens at the moment.

8 hours ago, Marlon said:

Sorry for the necromancy.

But kind of hitting rock bottom now. Does someone know how to get this generator/viewer to work on a headless server(nix)?

Running behind on map gens at the moment.

Are you not able to SSH into the server?

I can ssh in fine, I administer my own machines. However, there seems to be very little documentation on using it. I know Keenan was working on a headless mode version of it, but thats not out yet. 

Maybe I am just missing documentation somewhere.

Edit: I am mixing up my map renderers now... oops

Edited by Marlon

Yes, this one only requires some config settings and running the jar. :)  Hope you got it running!

• Like 1

Thanks, I did.

Currently doing some mods on the mapviewer code. Have it running on the unix box, with an rsync to the web box, and it seems to be ok. Thanks for the help.

Best map renderer out there, thanks Jonneh

• Like 1

Does anyone have a copy of the zip file Grubok created? Since his hosting service is no more I was really hoping to take a took at the code.

Really would like some extra features / map markers to make the tool even more useful.

@Marlon- You happen to be working on a public version?

On 9/5/2016 at 10:54 AM, Grubok said:

So I got to messing around with the map program.

ADDED:

• Tower coding that marks and labels towers with kingdom (it will search databases and label them with their chat window name no need to input manually)
  • kingdom coloring that match towers and deed name coloring (currently done with 0-9 that defaults to white after that)
  • a little more touch friendly as the zooms, flat/3d and the New "tower and deed" toggles will respond to touch input now.
  • Toggle buttons for Showing deeds and Towers (both off by default)
  • Permanent deeds now also include orange border box to help prevent confusion with other markers
  • Added double click zooming function

Not all the coding is pretty but considering i'm a pretty much a novice at this, I feel I did pretty good. Feel free to improve on it any

I've also included runmapviewer.bat for those with a JRE installed no need to bring up command prompt if you use that. All it includes is 

Known issues:

• The tower toggle can be slow/hard to respond with touch on some devices probably more to do with location of box.
  • firefox seems to remember checks since it defaults to unchecked firefox users should uncheck, then recheck to view towers or deeds.

Download of changed viewer : TowersAndColors

Link is broken :-(

Indeed, i would love an alternate link for the Towers and Colours.

If anybody has the updated version, please hit me up with a message or just reply to this thread. Thanks.

Can this be configured by command parameters? I'd like to automate this but it's not too easy unless I copy a map specific configuration file to "mapviewer.cfg" first. This also prevents parallel instances.

Even if there is a parameter to point to a different CFG file that'd help greatly. :)

Any info about update for 1.3.5.5 textures? Now all new textures = black holes.

6 hours ago, DiWorm said:

Any info about update for 1.3.5.5 textures? Now all new textures = black holes.

Unfortunately this hasn't been updated in a long time and the original author no longer runs a server so unless someone takes up the mantle doubtful.

Maybe someone can update Map Viewer?

Edited by MrLolan