Sign in to follow this  
Blisik

Accidently gave a horse my axe, can't get it back

I was trying out GM power 5 and checked the different actions I get for being one. I saw that there was a "give" option when i clicked animals. Turned out I had my axe equipped and I wonder if it's possible to get it back in some way.

Also, what would happen if the horse died with my axe?

Edited by Blisik
  • Like 1

Didn't read OP before posting.

But yeah, I'd say you have to kill it and retrieve it, not sure if GMs can just take things off of people.

Edited by Oreo

if you try the look>equipment on your GM char it should open the horses inventory as well as equip list - it should be in the inventory tab, you can just pull it out.

if you try the look>equipment on your GM char it should open the horses inventory as well as equip list - it should be in the inventory tab, you can just pull it out.

I actually tried that, but it just said "you cannot reach that". Also, if I look at the horse equipment without GM status, it doesn't show the axe, but it does if I have GM status and look at equipment.

Usually it tells you that "You can not reach that." when the critter isn't tamed. Try that if you haven't already.

• Like 1

Ah, so that's what the give option does, good to know. Can't you just spawn in a new axe?

Watch out, the horse is armed. Oh wait, it has no oppsable thumbs to hold the axe. 

If the horse dies with the axe I assume it'll appear in the corpse the same way troll clubs do, or after butchering at the very least.

And yes, as GM you can 'give' your active item to players and animals, but I have no idea how to get it back, other than killing the player/animal.

Did you see this morning's headline?  "Enraged horse kills GM with axe."

...Sorry, I couldn't resist.

• Like 1

I gave my ebony wand by mistake doing the same thing to a dog. Try to do something after that without GM powers...

Get a GM to use GMTOOL command on the horse.

Select inventory. Get WurmID of Axe then do a

#loadItemFromHell <wurmID>

• Like 1

Thanks TRAKE! This was very good info to know! I was wondering how to pull items off an offline person, or banned person if they stole/logout an item.