Sign in to follow this  
Ulviirala

[ALPHA] Better Gamemasters 1.1.1 (Hotfix)

3 hours ago, Ulviirala said:

I checked every single one of the very few changes, that the mod actually makes. There should be nothing that makes items disappear anywhere in the existing features, or upcoming features.

I loaded an older map, thinking it was the map i'm on, and it came up with the same result, using your mod, makes items dropped into the cart vanish into thin air. i'm not even seeing anything in log, related to it,

[09:24:58 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.items.Item: large cart freevol(-1008000
)<=log.getWeightGrams()*10 (5600)
java.lang.Exception
        at com.wurmonline.server.items.Item.insertItem(Item.java:4943)
        at com.wurmonline.server.items.Item.insertItem(Item.java:4590)
        at com.wurmonline.server.items.Item.moveToItem(Item.java:3518)
        at com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Communicator.reallyHandle_CMD_MOVE_IN
VENTORY(Communicator.java:5026)
        at com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Communicator.reallyHandle(Communicato
r.java:2446)
        at com.wurmonline.communication.SocketConnection.tick(SocketConnection.j
ava:615)
        at com.wurmonline.communication.SocketServer.tick(SocketServer.java:172)

at com.wurmonline.server.Server.run(Server.java:2433)
        at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

this is all I have in front of me.

Edited by ozmods

1 hour ago, ozmods said:

I loaded an older map, thinking it was the map i'm on, and it came up with the same result, using your mod, makes items dropped into the cart vanish into thin air. i'm not even seeing anything in log, related to it,

[09:24:58 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.items.Item: large cart freevol(-1008000
)<=log.getWeightGrams()*10 (5600)
java.lang.Exception
        at com.wurmonline.server.items.Item.insertItem(Item.java:4943)
        at com.wurmonline.server.items.Item.insertItem(Item.java:4590)
        at com.wurmonline.server.items.Item.moveToItem(Item.java:3518)
        at com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Communicator.reallyHandle_CMD_MOVE_IN
VENTORY(Communicator.java:5026)
        at com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Communicator.reallyHandle(Communicato
r.java:2446)
        at com.wurmonline.communication.SocketConnection.tick(SocketConnection.j
ava:615)
        at com.wurmonline.communication.SocketServer.tick(SocketServer.java:172)

at com.wurmonline.server.Server.run(Server.java:2433)
        at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

this is all I have in front of me.

I'm pretty sure that this has nothing to do with this mod, no place in the stack trace is being remotely touched by it. I also can't reproduce it as a GM or as a player, trying to drop more items into a large cart than it has volume available. Which is pretty much what the exception and the code is saying:

freevol = this.getFreeVolume();
        if (!unconditionally) {
            if (this.itemCanBeInserted(item) == false) return toReturn;
        }
        canInsert = true;
        if (checkItemCount && !unconditionally) {
            canInsert = this.mayCreatureInsertItem();
        }
        if (unconditionally || this.getTemplateId() == 177 || (this.getTemplateId() == 0 || freevol >= item.getVolume()) && canInsert) {
            this.addItem(item, false);
            this.setThisAsParentFor(item, true);
            this.updatePileMaterial();
            return true;
        }
        if (freevol > item.getWeightGrams() * 10) return toReturn;
        Item.logInfo(this.getName() + " freevol(" + freevol + ")<=" + item.getName() + ".getWeightGrams()*10 (" + item.getWeightGrams() + ")", new Exception());

Looking at the stack trace though, and the code, I assume it's either a vanilla bug, or what seems more likely, it's another mod. Something that breaks any one of the previous checks, that this mod doesn't touch at all though. Maybe a mod that changes container volume related things (bag of holding, unlimited quacks, and the other 2 I can't recall). What other client and server mods are you running?

If the answer is none, then it should also happen with Better Gamemasters disabled, and if you can reliably reproduce it then, I'd report it via the google doc link provided in the E-Mail with the alpha access code.

Edited by Ulviirala

it's possible it could be one of the bigger container mods, that's causing it, but i'm not sure, I don't understand programming languages so it's all double dutch to me.. if it's not happening with anyone else only me, then it means I have a conflicting mod somewhere. this is what I use, as for client i'm really only using the live map and that's about all.

.mods.jpg

The code quoted by @Ulviiralawas changed in 1.3, they added a new method itemCanBeInserted that replaced some of the conditions that were there... It's probably some other mod that was patching them in insertItem but doesn't know about the new method.

I'd say Big Containers is a prime suspect, try to see if it happens without it.

Edit: Yeah, Big Containers replaces the calls to getContainerSizeX/Y/Z in insertItem, but not in the new itemCanBeInserted, which is possibly what causes that bug.

Edited by bdew

@bdewI quoted the 1.3 alpha code, and the itemCanBeInserted call is there right at the top, but I didn't even notice it, as odd, new, or at all (been a  long day). But yeah, I also see now that they've added the rift rune modifiers in the container size calls.

Funny how I mentioned the mods that actually are the least likely cause, as you already fixed Bag of Holding, and Unlimited Quacks changes the variables passed to the ItemTemplate constructor instead :D .

Actually i didn't change anything in bag of holding, and it does modify insertItem, so it might be it as well.

When i updated the modloader i only did very cursory testing with the mods that come with it (mostly to see that they don't outright crash the server).

I do have it installed on my 1.3 test server and nobody complained about stuff disappearing, but i'll look into it later today.

I've tried with just bag of holding mod and i can't reproduce it on my test server, so i think there's a good chance that it's Big Containers.

I fixed BigContainersBAEA for 1.3. I"m waiting for 1.3 to leave alpha before I publish releases. I don't remember exactly what changed with 1.3. I just updated the mod so it worked for me again. 

I'm also not sure why you'd want to use big containers and bag of holding. Big containers essentially makes containers unlimited in size (replaces every piece of code that check x,y,z sizes and available volume with Integer.MAX_VALUE).

My best guess about what's going on here is bag of holding is trying to increase a int value to something larger then Integer.MAX_VALUE. Although, I'd think that would cause an overflow error...idk. 

10 hours ago, joedobo said:

Although, I'd think that would cause an overflow error...

Java don't treat numeric over/under flows as errors, it just wraps around. And yeah that's might be what is going on as well.

Also 1.3 (public) beta is out now.

On 4.11.2015 at 1:19 AM, Ulviirala said:

Game masters' walking speed is not affected by inventory weight.

I like to push this topic because it seems, this function is not working

I dont know if Ulvviirala is still working on this mod, if not, it would be very nice if anyone of you awesome modders can look into this mod :/

That would be realy nice ;)

Eject

double

Edited by Eject

Still works fine for me on WU 1.3.5.5 beta and 0.25 modloader. I'm sure it's probably still a mod conflict where another mod that loads later, replaces the whole method body and voids BetterGamemaster's patches, which is largely out of my hands.

You can try renaming BetterGamemasters.properties to zBetterGamemasters.properties, and the BetterGamemasters directory to zBetterGamemasters, to try and force it loading later because of alphabetical order. This worked for me before, when also having movemod from bdew loaded which DOES replace the carry weight method body entirely for example.

It's not a guaranteed workaround, because whatever mod it is, might do its changes in a different method than preInit, i.e. "later".

Edited by Ulviirala
  • Like 1

ah ok

Yes i have the movemod too, i will try your suggestion.

Thank you very much :)

Eject

i tried it, its not working for me, i am very slow ^^

I can't work around it at this point then, I'm walking just fine with 6 obelisk in my pocket :) 

On 5/15/2017 at 8:48 AM, Ulviirala said:

I can't work around it at this point then, I'm walking just fine with 6 obelisk in my pocket :) 

I thought you were just happy to see me :(

• Like 1

On 5/14/2017 at 5:08 AM, Ulviirala said:

You can try renaming BetterGamemasters.properties to zBetterGamemasters.properties, and the BetterGamemasters directory to zBetterGamemasters

I think I need to do this, as my GMs have been slowed by weight since we got movemod. 

I understand the first part.  But is the "BetterGamemasters directory" the jar file?  the folder the jar file is in? both? something else?

Any help for this non-coder would be much appreciated!

Should it be like this?

mods (folder)

movemod (folder)

movemod.jar

zBetterGamemasters (folder)

BetterGamemasters.jar

movemod.properties

zBetterGamemasters.properties

EDIT:  This didn't work. Maybe I did it wrong?

Edited by Batta

We still have slow GMs who can't carry much at all without flying. I'd love to know how to do the zBetterGamemasters as you suggest, but I still don't know which file or folder is the directory, or whether we need to also rename the jar file zBetterGamemasters.jar?  Has anyone gotten it to work, while also running movemod?

EDIT:  Now that bdew has reworked Movement Tweaks mod (movemod), GMs can carry unlimited weight, and their speed is configurable.  This solves the problem for me.  Better Gamemasters is still useful for the other features, though, and the two don't conflict.

Edited by Batta