Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Mining - update the look of walls, floors and veins

Would love to see the insides of mines change a bit, to better blend between plain rock and specific ore types. Could be several ways to do it, so I'll leave the thought there.

Also, would like to see gem mines, rather than ore and rock mining, just randomly dropping a gem.  Gems have always seemed to be overly abundant to me, but maybe because I have a love for mining. Make a diamond vein, or ruby vein, etc.  Make it take a random number of actions 1-100 to get a gem.  Non gem producing actions don't give rock.  Veins are the same sizes are regular ore veins, but based on actions, not how many gems are pulled out.

This way, people can choose to prospect for gems or veins and not have to just pray and mine nonstop for gems.  Just a thought.

While I would like all the above (A bit iffy on the gem veins, though.... that sounds a bit OP) I first want to see 3d caves, That alone will be a game-changer for mines.

Edited by Druidnature

OP  is irrelevant to WU play.  Probably as simple as upping the rare gem while mining chances, just let the rock rot if you have no use for it.  Or you could consider a whack the mole mini game that while mining rock it sparkles where a gem is on the screen, mimicking all those social cellphone wack the mole games.

Edited by yarnevk

God, dang, it.  ignore the first post too. I was browsing WO suggestions and ideas and somehow got this. -.-

• Like 1

OP  is irrelevant to WU play.  Probably as simple as upping the rare gem while mining chances, just let the rock rot if you have no use for it.  Or you could consider a whack the mole mini game that while mining rock it sparkles where a gem is on the screen, mimicking all those social cellphone wack the mole games.

problem is where to stack all that rock.  10k shards of rock would be a serious issue to manage, as you can only get 853 in a BSB and only 100 dropped on a tile.  You can pick up and "discard" the rock, but that is a pain.  That is the reason I wanted a gem vein with no rock shards on non gem producing actions.

Obviously not an important suggestion.  Was just a thought for a different mechanic to finding gems, rather than random drops from mining any tile.

Rocks rot...unless you have modded for no decay.   The database would explode if it had to track the servers waste rocks forever, so even though it is unrealistic, rocks are the quickest thing to decay.

By keeping gem finding in mining it gives you a reason to keep rock mining.  Not much motivation as rare drops since it can be a futile effort, but with sped up timers and increased gem chances it becomes a useful feature that makes removing a grid of  rocks to get to ores a more profitable activity.

Edited by yarnevk