Sign in to follow this  
ProgNut

Tree Spread Odds

Looking for information on the newer server setting "Tree Spread Odds".  I cannot find anything on Wpedia or in news notes.  Does someone have a link or can briefly explain?  What is the range that can be entered, etc.  Thanks!

Affects all platforms for Wurm Unlimited builds 828552 and earlier, and Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server builds 828553 and earlier.

Issue

Tree growth for new servers is not configurable, and those of the servers in Creative_backup and Adventure_backup are set to 0, which prevents trees from growing or spreading.

A fix has been pushed but will not be available until it has been included in a release, after which the option will be available in the server configuration gui.

Workaround

This workaround is only recommended if you feel confident in modifying the database, otherwise you can wait until the fix has been released. You should not update the database without first shutting down the server and making a backup.

The tree growth configuration item is located in the SERVERS.TREEGROWTH field in the wurmlogin.db database, and is an integer that gives a 1 in <treegrowth> chance of spawning a nearby tree or a one in <treegrowth> chance of spawning a mushroom when the tile is polled. The default value is 20.

Beware, fruit trees and olive trees spread like kudzu on steroids.

Beware, fruit trees and olive trees spread like kudzu on steroids.

I'm looking for more information on this before I enable it. How is everyone's experience with it?

Does this affect treeth GROWTH itself as well? Is that also based on the same chance?

Does this affect treeth GROWTH itself as well? Is that also based on the same chance?

I'd like to know too. The patch notes mention "tree growth", so I assumed it was about making trees grow faster, like the setting for breeding and crops. Otherwise SP game players will never see their replanted trees grow. But the help tooltip in the actual server window only speaks about the chance that a tree will spread to another tile. So which one is it?

I've seen this one.They are still mixing up the chance of a tree sprout spreading ro nearby tile with the actual TREE GROWTH SPEED. Say I planted some trees on my deed to make it even more awesome. Nothing to do with the chance of tree growth, but I don't want to wait years of real time on a non 24/7 SP server to see that happen. We need a setting for trees like the one for crops, the speed, not the chance.

I've seen this one.They are still mixing up the chance of a tree sprout spreading ro nearby tile with the actual TREE GROWTH SPEED. Say I planted some trees on my deed to make it even more awesome. Nothing to do with the chance of tree growth, but I don't want to wait years of real time on a non 24/7 SP server to see that happen. We need a setting for trees like the one for crops, the speed, not the chance.

when i asked if it affected growth speed taufig said no, and made it sound like it wouldn't be an easy change to implement to affect growth speed, but thats something for the modders to look at.

Sorry for the thread necromancy,  but this seems appropriate.  I have a few questions regarding tree spread.  

* Does this affect planted sprouts?  I have a player on my server who's sprouts keep disappearing. 

* Is there a fix for wild fruit trees spreading like weeds? 

Edited by Lichbane