Sign in to follow this  
hammertimes

Fix for minedoors

many deeds have saved loot and pvp because of mine doors whats yours? BTW can prove there OP every deed on the maps has a mine door entrance and safe mine for a good and easy reason

Edited by Oreo
  • Like 1

I got lockpicking fixed so 20 ppl could not spam pick on the same items this is just a change needed for balance not to raid every deed on the server.

I can see you have never bashed a mine door on deed solo, try it ^^

So we should allow solo/random players to lockpick mine doors now...Omg...And to the people that liked this...OMG...

yeah and whilst we're at it can we lock pick horses too. doesn't make sense i have to kill an enemies horse to take of the gear.

-1, just dig to rock. make new entrance. mine to mine. if supports in the way, use priest to disintegrate. repeat as necessary.

Dig a side shaft. Use disintegrate if you need to.

When People can use two garlic to summon 7 concrete and terraform with concrete at slopes of up to 300 then we can discuss nerfing mines as a defensive tactic.

Dig a side shaft. Use disintegrate if you need to.

When People can use two garlic to summon 7 concrete and terraform with concrete at slopes of up to 300 then we can discuss nerfing mines as a defensive tactic.

can't dig a side shaft if there is a house in a way or mines under the rocklayer= you need to drain token first and with 3 priests you have a 50% chance of getting in the mine after using 60+ gems of favour, thats if you even get to that point.

So far I have seen no comment to why its fair to make a mine door in such a short time frame with only a chisel and rock shards compared to how hard it is to break, only none raiders have pvp this change would benefit all kingdoms you know.

-1, just dig to rock. make new entrance. mine to mine. if supports in the way, use priest to disintegrate. repeat as necessary.

like i just said try it takes a loads of gems and thats if you even get in. with 1 priest you have a 3% chance good luck.

Are we supposed to balance raiding to allow people to solo raid so it's super easy in a group...?

Are we supposed to balance raiding to allow people to solo raid so it's super easy in a group...?

Aren't you one of the larger supporters of "raiding is too hard" and "raiding takes too long" but sit here and -1 any suggestions that make it take not as long so you still have an excuse not to participate?

There are multiple ways to get into a deed, not just though the mine door. The other options is over tall dirt walls and houses. The amount of work should be the same to get over as it is though the door. Not just have someone with 80-90 lock picking walk up and one pick the door open, its just not a good idea.

Sure it takes a small amount of time to make the mine door, but you are also forgetting about the time to make the mine and reinforce the mine tunnel. Depending on the deed this can take a good amount of time when everything is added up.

Also if you want to get into a mine door bring a group of friends to help you bash it, wont take long especially with double damage.

You're making this post under the assumption that entrance mines or shard mines are the primary offenders, and you are also assuming that deeds just have one or two stone doors when the current meta is 10+ steel doored safemines. When you have that, it's not a small amount of time at all, it takes days with a 20 man raid group actually. (including priest alts for disintegration, which is still unfair for everyone else as magranon still has the buffed disintegration chance on reinforced walls)

Trust me, raiding is easy enough with a group.  Mine doors should not be adjusted to make deeds solo raidable.

I guess those undefended 2008 deeds (and ones built by inexperienced players) demonstrate the strength of the designs that take advantage of the mechanics available in 2015. Or did you forget that you (speaking from my own experience) NEVER (lol couldn't even raid a certain one with 10 people despite it having 0 defenders for many hours.) successfully raided and looted a deed i built up to modern standards and finished? (Because i guess you want to bring up that HF deed after Alphawolfen knocked down the original walls.)

Must've overlooked how strong these modern standards are.

Many deeds have been raided and successfully looted with defense minedoors.

What's the problem?

You aren't really up to date with the defenses some deeds have now, in the past deeds were raided that had one, maybe two, and in very rare cases three minedoors.

but you haven't raided in well over a year so i can see why you don't know.

Does your deed?

Of course it does.

Why would you not?

It's been in the game for ages, why are people complaining now?

Sorry that it takes time to get to people's hard earned loot/crafted items.

I guess you have a tendency to randomly forget the last like 30 threads about how ridiculous minedoors are, especially considering you are one of the people that posted in every single one of them with the same generic reply.

I see you have yet to experience deeds that have upwards of 15 safemines of them. I think the last deed we raided spanned over three days and we burned around 500 gems + saccables and still didn't get into everything.

I also don't know of many well-built deeds that actually let you tunnel inside the deed itself, even my most recent experience we had to bust through a perimeter mine and then bust through each safemine wall to get anywhere.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

Does that negate my response?

At least I'm consistent.

Also, I think safe-mines are the least of people's worries about raiding a deed.  You can now disintegrate walls or just call Rolf.

But now you have multi-story houses with just planned walls after the first floor, floors, roofs..

Edited by Oreo

Also, I think safe-mines are the least of people's worries about raiding a deed.  You can now disintegrate walls or just call Rolf.

But now you have multi-story houses with just planned walls after the first floor, floors, roofs..

This shows how little you raid.

You have no idea how much more of a pain in the ass mines are.

Like they arent even remotely on the same level of annoyance.

Are you sure?

What about that time you guys raided Hindrance and all they did was build unfinished parapets like I heard?

And it took 5 shots to remove them fully?

Also, yes I know if you aim it right you can skip all the upper floors etc etc, but that's if you aim it right and get it spot on.

Guys, please.

Wall off the mine doors and move on, drain the deed and then disintegrate, spend time bashing the door or don't.

Edited by Oreo

most of the changes to wurm over the past few years has just made it easier and easier to defend

if you want to be an it's possible to make a deed consisting solely of minedoors and fences that takes like three days to break into regardless of whenever its 20 people with catapults or a lone guy with a maul

And how long does it take the person to make it?

Are you sure?

What about that time you guys raided Hindrance and all they did was build unfinished parapets like I heard?

Guys, please.

Wall off the mine doors and move on, drain the deed and then disintegrate, spend time bashing the door or don't.

It took 5 shots to remove them fully, despite that particular incident being the incident that resulted in some bugfixes with parapets? Excuse my ignorance.

If anything, that demonstrates how hard well-built deeds are to get into, not even factoring bugs or any other problems that arise.

I find it absolutely hilarious that you think raiding a modern deed that people live at and is built with many safemines is anywhere close to easy.

"Drain and disintegrate", what a quote, as if you could even get into two safemines in the disintegrate time with a medium sized raidforce. (I guess it could be possible if you have RNG + the increased chance from being mag, or everyone is a priest.)

And how long does it take the person to make it?

Took us no more than 14 hours to make a wardeed with six safemines, two perimeter mines, an entrance tunnel, 300 slope dirtwalls, and a multiple story tokenhouse + longhouse. It took about three days of prep before we dropped it. (mainly just two people digging the dirt the few days before, mortar and bricks were made on location.)

How long does it take you?

Edited by Propheteer

Are you sure?

You are refering to a raid I wasn't part of, nor remember hearing of while playing on chaos.

Sooooo.... yea.

Disintegrate is pretty bad right now, but hey, that's another suggestion soon to come and probably what this thread should have been.

Sorry Zeke, thought you woulda been there with your Daddy.

I never said it was easy at all.  What I'm saying is it needs to take effort to get into.  Rather than popping a lock on Bix in a minute flat, or bashing a door in 10 minutes that is 90ql.

That's faster than you /may/ be able to bash a house wall down.

But what do I know, I don't do that math on every aspect of the game.  I just play it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

Disintegrate is pretty bad right now, but hey, that's another suggestion soon to come and probably what this thread should have been.

Sorry Zeke, thought you woulda been there with your Daddy.

I never said it was easy at all.  What I'm saying is it needs to take effort to get into.  Rather than popping a lock on Bix in a minute flat, or bashing a door in 10 minutes that is 90ql.

That's faster than you /may/ be able to bash a house wall down.

But what do I know, I don't do that math on every aspect of the game.  I just play it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's probably what this thread should have been? I remember you arguing in a disintegrate thread a while back with the same arguments you posted here. Would it have been any different? I don't think so.

and you can bash multiple 90ql house walls before you can bash one 80ql steel door.

Edited by Propheteer

you do realise that with the amount of minedoors around you'd still need to pick through like a dozen of them (in addition to fences, gatehouses, etc) if you wanted to get anywhere

i mean if i really wanted i could find a spot and make a deed which is difficult to raid due to a mixture of bugs, exploits, and ingenuity, and leave it out there and even if somebody raided with a 20 man group it'd take literal days to get in (even if nobody is defending)

at that point, why should anybody bother raiding anymore? 

But are those exploits, bugs, and ingenuity all minedoors? or do they include other things?

So I just made a ql41 mine door in 6 mins off deed it took 32 mins to bash with a ql83 large mauls, and plz remember this is off deed so its 3 times easyer to bash so yea........ try it if you want.

most deeds have ql80/90 mine doors so good luck bashing them after spending hours getting in to the deed.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hhK_YN6Bn4&feature=youtu.be

Edited by hammertimes