Sign in to follow this  
Aldur

Wurm Assistant for Wurm Unlimited

Minimize to tray has been removed, because it caused issues with launchers (they couldn't see it was already running and started another instance, which is very bad).

As for on-top issue, I'm afraid this must be something fishy being done by Wurm Client. Are you by any chance playing in Windowed Fullscreen mode?

47 minutes ago, Aldur said:

Minimize to tray has been removed, because it caused issues with launchers (they couldn't see it was already running and started another instance, which is very bad).

As for on-top issue, I'm afraid this must be something fishy being done by Wurm Client. Are you by any chance playing in Windowed Fullscreen mode?

That's a shame, I really would like to hide the main window and only keep the timers. Oh well.

Yes, I am running in windowed fullscreen.

Windowed Fullscreen has issues with windows stay-on-top feature. It is a Wurm Client or graphics driver issue, that I am not insane enough to attempt fixing. ;)

4 hours ago, Aldur said:

Windowed Fullscreen has issues with windows stay-on-top feature. It is a Wurm Client or graphics driver issue, that I am not insane enough to attempt fixing. ;)

Well thanks for the info. Maybe I will give windowed mode a try.

Hey, I've got it working in a border-less windowed mode and the timer works a lot better now, so thanks for that.

One suggestion. Some of the really long timers I would like to hide until they are ready or have less than five (say) minutes left. Perhaps add an option on the timers to hide them if they are above x minutes? Just a thought.

Another suggestion: add an option on timer for a reminder after x minutes with the option to repeat. E.g. if my praying timer is ready remind me to pray ever 5 minutes while the timer is still ready.

We spoke about that on another thread but i guess this thrad is not the wrong one also. Since i have often 8 clients open in WU, i'm a bandwith-tester eventually :)

Anyway, i have it daily several times, that the assistant-timers(have faith and sermon open) are just stopping recording or they never did start. I'm very sure it has to do with lag and connection, because when i had only 1-3 clients open, i never had that problem that much.

Another thing happening is, that - when i start the timer - it freezes with "NAME (conjuring, please wait). When restarting the whole assistant sometimes they say all "ready" and it remains then like that, no matter what i do.

Sizan, is it not possible, that you are simply making so many timers, for so many characters, that WA queues so many searches, that it just takes really long to process?

I have never made a test, that involved so many timers, I just know that it might take a while to process so much data, especially if timers can't immediately find what they're looking for.

I have just made a stress test of the Api and it all worked. I will look at timers themselves, once I find another spare moment.

Edited by Aldur

On 25.1.2016 at 7:36 PM, Aldur said:

Sizan, is it not possible, that you are simply making so many timers, for so many characters, that WA queues so many searches, that it just takes really long to process?

I have never made a test, that involved so many timers, I just know that it might take a while to process so much data, especially if timers can't immediately find what they're looking for.

I have just made a stress test of the Api and it all worked. I will look at timers themselves, once I find another spare moment.

hey Aldur, i made a little test myself. As you stated in the last time i noticed also (8 clients open with 8 x prayer and sermon timers open), that it took a few seconds for the timer to show a new result when it happened in the game, f.e. prayer the 20-minutes-counter.

But more important: i had 8 GB RAM before and bought new RAM-modules, so having 16 GB now and i tested this the last few days to be safe, and the timers are working like a charm now, so seen from my side the problem was not the assistant but not enough RAM.

:)

• Like 1

Great news! I will add this to FAQ for the future wurmians. :)

• Like 1

Would like to add another 2 guys to my timer menu. Actually i have 8 in there, but when i'm in the menu "modify timer groups" to add 2 more, they don't appear in the charakter name-window, so no adding possible right now.

Speaking of this i remind of another char i deleted out of this list(on my other machine, the notebook), and as i wanted to add him, it was the same: he did not appear on the charakter-window anymore.

Another little problem, not sure if its mentioned yet: when i used up my 5 daily prayers, it sometimes happens, that the auto-counter for the next 5 prayers does not start. Same, when i used up my 5 prayers and just pray later then, means the auto-counter is not restartable then.

Wen i restart the whole client, it helps.

Edited by Sizan

I've added those to the to-do, but not sure when I'm gonna find some time to debug them.

• Like 1

Love your granger!

Any chance you would consider adding the three new colors to it?

1 hour ago, Aldur said:

Done. :)

The update is charging in.

Thank you! :D

Im new to wurm unlimited, started about a month ago. never played wurm online. recently made my own map, came out pretty well.

i started useing WA3 a couple of days ago and everything im using it for seems to be working ok except for the "reveal them creatures".

i select my character and parse, comes up none everytime. also pops up the following warnings each time as well:

Info > WurmApi > WurmCharacterLogs: Server could not be identified for character Azazel at stamp 2/13/2016 9:35:19 PM
Info > WurmApi > WurmCharacterLogs: Server could not be identified for character Azazel at stamp 2/13/2016 9:35:19 PM

which according to the time stamp, takes place when a buddies server went down and i went server jumping.

i do have my server on the modify server list.

if you need to know more info from the wurm or wa3 section please let me know where to get that info just in case. pc side i can find.

I think that refers to a priest spell for revealing creatures, and if you aren't a priest and using that spell then I don't think that will do anything for you. Never been a priest or used it, so not really sure exactly what it does.

• Like 1

It's as Romen said, this is a tool to make some more sense of that specific spell cast. :)

Regardless, I've just dropped "current server" filter from that tool, as it isn't necessary. Should arrive in next update.

If you indeed were trying to parse RC spellcast, check if this update has helped you and if not, we can try to dig deeper.

• Like 1

So glad to see this made it over to Wurm Unlimited! Thank you for all of your hard work! 

• Like 1

I'm not sure if WU release plans are aligned with WO, but on May 24th devs are making some changes to logging for Wurm Online.

My fixes for WO will be delayed, because I'm busy with a commercial project on a deadline. Thus:

• Things may get temporarily broken, please post any bugs that might creep out.
  • If logging changes won't hit WU on the same day, WO fixes may break WU version :) (though I'll try to avoid such outcome). 
Edited by Aldur

Hey man you do what you can, RL comes first, make that paper bro! Thanks for what you do!

For everyone having issues after Wurm Online Rifts update, please make sure your WA version has a build number of at least 40.

There was a a bug in launcher that prevented it from downloading versions larger than 10

Check WA log:

MinorVersion: 3.0, BuildCode: stable-win, BuildNumber: 40, BuildStamp: 26.05.2016 11:41:36 +02:00

Requesting a Configurable Path Progression Timer,

A lot of servers are reducing the cooldown timer for moving up the paths.

• Like 1