Sign in to follow this  
Aldur

Wurm Assistant for Wurm Unlimited

Your antivirus has most likely blocked it. Are you using avast?

Yes I am, I have added WA to exclusions list so it starts fine now.

Wurm without Granger aint the same, thanks for your hard work Aldur.

• Like 1

Hmm, trying to set it up for WU - with the launcher. Despite choosing the WU version (under Win7), it still seems to load the WO version, and asks for the Wurm Online folder.

What do I do wrong?

3 hours ago, Jaz said:

Hmm, trying to set it up for WU - with the launcher. Despite choosing the WU version (under Win7), it still seems to load the WO version, and asks for the Wurm Online folder.

What do I do wrong?

I saw this behavior when I had the "Use relative data directory" option checked.  Unchecking that would allow the WU version to launch.

The bug was in launcher, uploaded new version under same link.

Did you ever find the issue with Granger age reporting? I too have just noticed that young/adolescent horses are still showing up as foals when they shouldn't.

Hello. Thanks for the program, its a big helper. I had a version for WU, since i play that but it always showed errores and sometimes crashed and it was not able to get updates so i removed it and try now to get the latest version manually. Problem is i don't find the link in here, here is only the WO-version linked from what i saw.

And i did not understand the procedure also(maybe thats why my first install had that much errors ?), do i have to install the WO-assistant first and then update it with the WU-assistant ? If so, please explain me how to do that. I read in this thread but all i understood was that i don't need WINE because i live on Windows 7.

Got it, just downloaded the WurmAssistant3Launcher.zip

Maybe it would be helpful to point out that there is 1 launcher for both assistants, WO and WU. would simple minds like me help very much.

Question for Granger: so i can only have named creatures in this, or is there a way to differ animals like "young brown cow" also ?

Edited by Sizan

Hi Sizan, sorry I've had just a moment before leaving for work. :) 

Will add the point.

Granger only supports named creatures, including renamed after branding.

The granger foal issue is partially fixed, the updates now work, but the age doesn't. I should fix it eventually, I'm just missing test subjects. ;)

• Like 1

What should i do if my Launcher get this: 04.12.2015 18:11:40 > Launcher failed to check latest WA version of build stable-win. Error: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.

This is happening since almost a Week now.

The new features are nothing less than coded bling, Aldur! :D

• Like 1

What can i do if the Season Calendar is messed up?

Or is this a Wurm Unlimited error?

Hey Aldur love your work with wurm assistant for WU.

On the Granger it seems to not use the epic curve skills and shows that you can't detect traits even when having the 23.19 required to see the last trait?

Is it granger not knowing that one is on a epic server, in this case is there way to tell WA granger that one is running on an epic server and it should use epic curve?

It is fixable by adding your server to the EPIC group.

1. In the main menu, go to 'modify servers list'.
  2. Add exact name of your server to the list on the right side (case and any special signs matter). Use the name reported in game event log, from one of logon messages: [00:46:05] 40 other players are online. You are on MyServerName (642 totally in Wurm).
  3. Set server group name to 'EPIC' just like the examples on the left (case matters).
  4. Save.
  5. Restart WAU.

Some things to fix after change:

1. You may need to recreate your timer groups, as this server is now under 'epic'.
  2. Previously imported creatures will not update themselves. Edit manually by flagging 'is epic' or import them again.

Any newly imported creature should have 'is epic' checked. If it doesn't, verify if any timer for epic group works on your server (eg. create custom one, that reacts to some common 'examine' action). If it doesn't, there might be a typo in the server name.

On 12/27/2015 at 2:04 PM, Aldur said:

It is fixable by adding your server to the EPIC group.

1. In the main menu, go to 'modify servers list'.
  2. Add exact name of your server to the list on the right side (case and any special signs matter). Use the name reported in game event log, from one of logon messages: [00:46:05] 40 other players are online. You are on MyServerName (642 totally in Wurm).
  3. Set server group name to 'EPIC' just like the examples on the left (case matters).
  4. Save.
  5. Restart WAU.

Some things to fix after change:

1. You may need to recreate your timer groups, as this server is now under 'epic'.
  2. Previously imported creatures will not update themselves. Edit manually by flagging 'is epic' or import them again.

Any newly imported creature should have 'is epic' checked. If it doesn't, verify if any timer for epic group works on your server (eg. create custom one, that reacts to some common 'examine' action). If it doesn't, there might be a typo in the server name.

Yer okey i tried the above before posting but only tried to update the creature back then and not readd them but works thx

• Like 1

Could you please add an option to ignore the 5/day limit on prayers for servers that remove that limit?

33 minutes ago, bdew said:

Could you please add an option to ignore the 5/day limit on prayers for servers that remove that limit?

Make a custom pray timer that checks for faith gains with a cooldown of 20 minutes. Boom problem solved.

• Like 1

Indeed, I'd recommend rolling with a custom timer with this one. I'm trying to add hard-coded timers only for cooldowns with tricky mechanics.

Since 2 days i get the following error messaging when launching the assistant:

"Launcher failed to download or install WA3 version MinorVersion: , BuildCode: stable-win, BuildNumber: 10, BuildStamp: 01/01/0001 00:00:00 +00:00 of build stable-win. Error: Eine Datei kann nicht erstellt werden, wenn sie bereits vorhanden ist."

(the last sentence means that a file cannot be created when its already existing)

It's working normal but better would be without this error warning. Happy new year btw :)

Thanks.

There was a bug in the launcher, you need to download latest zip (same link).

Happy new year to you to! :)