Sign in to follow this  
Aldur

Wurm Assistant for Wurm Unlimited

Cj0Vi67.png

Wurm Assistant Unlimited is a bundle of various battle-tested tools for Wurm Online adapted to Wurm Unlimited.

Currently there is a single launcher able to run WA in both WO and WU modes. To get it, please see the the official thread dedicated for Wurm Online, for the download link, prerequisites, FAQ and other information.

Note: Wurm Assistant has been created well before even the slightest hint of Wurm Unlimited. As such, it is built for Wurm Online rules and server-side modifications can break it's features in unpredictable ways. Presently, I don't have the development time needed to support such modifications.

Wurm Unlimited mode FAQ (also see the WO thread for more general FAQ!):

Q: Wurm Assistant reports many errors similar to: Error at initial Refresh of WurmConfigDirectories > Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\configs'

A: Either Wurm Unlimited is not installed or invalid path has been chosen on first launch of Wurm Assistant. If the latter, you can change it using Wurm Assistant's options menu. The correct path should be similar to this: [your steam library path]\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles

Q: I have a lot of settings in Wurm Assistant, will I have them in Wurm Assistant Unlimited?

A: Settings are not shared between these modes.

Q: I'd like to backup my Wurm Assistant Unlimited settings. How do I do that?

A: Backup (and restore) this folder: %localappdata%\AldursLab\WurmAssistantUnlimitedData

Q: Will this work with mods?

A: There is no way to tell. In general, it should.

Q: I'm developing a mod, what should I know?

A: WA is reading client logs. If your mod adds these events, WA can use them. Do not mod the event, which reports current server: 'You are on ServerName'. 

Q: I'm playing with same characters on many servers, how do I manage that?

A: Wurm Assistant Unlimited should handle most of that for you. If you're playing a multiserver group (like Freedom or Epic in Wurm Online), you can map servers to a custom group (see: options menu - modify servers list)

Q: Granger is not flagging creatures as 'epic', even though the server uses 'epic' settings.

A: Wurm Unlimited does not know which settings are used by servers. You need to set this manually in Wurm Assistant Unlimited:

Spoiler

It is fixable by adding your server to the EPIC group.

1. In the main menu, go to 'modify servers list'.
  2. Add exact name of your server to the list on the right side (case and any special signs matter). Use the name reported in game event log, from one of logon messages: [00:46:05] 40 other players are online. You are on MyServerName (642 totally in Wurm).
  3. Set server group name to 'EPIC' just like the examples on the left (case matters).
  4. Save.
  5. Restart WAU.

Some things to fix after change:

1. You may need to recreate your timer groups, as this server is now under 'epic'.
  2. Previously imported creatures will not update themselves. Edit manually by flagging 'is epic' or import them again.

Any newly imported creature should have 'is epic' checked. If it doesn't, verify if any timer for epic group works on your server (eg. create custom one, that reacts to some common 'examine' action). If it doesn't, there might be a typo in the server name

Edited by Aldur
  • Like 7

Works great! The flexibility in creating triggers is amazing. Thanks for a WU version!

• Like 1

Would you mind posting just a short description of what Wurm Assistant does? I've never seen it before and I'm sure many others have not either. :)

The list is in the original thread, I've added "see here" comment, to make it more obvious.

I've been wanting to make a short vid of all the features, but I just don't have time (there is still a ton to do in the app itself). I'd love if someone else could help me with this. :)

• Like 1

Odd everytime I launch the launcher it crashes shortly after checking for current version, and stating its already installed. Then Windows normal bs dialog box of xxx has stopped working

Thanks for soing this, I was seriously lost without it in WU.  I do have a couple of questions, something I haven't set up properly perhaps.

1) I can't seem to get the timers into widget mode, I click the option, but nothing changes?

2) Granger can't seem to tell the difference between Young Foal and Regular Young, no matter what I do, regular young animals always revert to being "Young Foal" when they are entered/updated.

3) Seasons seem to be off in the calender?  In the configure options, the server date/time matches with the in game date/time, however although the calender says Olive should be in season, it's Oleander I'm able to harvest and not Olive trees.

You're welcome Lydite.

1. After enabling, middle mouse button on the window toggles the widget.

2. Will have to look at this one.

3. I haven't updated seasons in Calendar since years, no idea if they are still correct. Also seasons in Wurm have been made more random, some time ago.

Getting these errors:-

Character: Conor Entry: Timestamp: 07/11/2015 20:02:03, Source: , Content: These other players are online on Hibernia:
Warn > WurmApi > .ServerParsingHelper: ServerHistoryProvider found 'you are on' log line, but could not parse it. Character: Conor Entry: Timestamp: 07/11/2015 22:39:40, Source: , Content: These other players are online on Hibernia:
Error > WurmApi > SkillEntryParser: Skill gain/loss message could not be parsed, raw entry: Timestamp: 21/10/2015 21:03:10, Source: , Content: Stone chisel has increased to rank 1 affinity
Error > WurmApi > SkillEntryParser: Skill gain/loss message could not be parsed, raw entry: Timestamp: 07/11/2015 12:54:35, Source: , Content: Alchemy has increased to rank 1 affinity

I have my log files set to monthly.

Hi, this looks like warning disguised as error, I didn't even know such affinity messages existed ;) did you receive those on first log in?

Yes. And every time since. Just restarted WA and here's the log:

Info > WurmApi > LogFileInfoFactory: Detected issues with parsing log type for file D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players\Conor\test_logs\GM.2015-10.txt
Warn > WurmApi > WurmCharacterLogFiles: Skipping file that had parsing errors, file name: D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players\Conor\test_logs\GM.2015-10.txt
Info > WurmApi > LogFileInfoFactory: Detected issues with parsing log type for file D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players\Conor\test_logs\GM.2015-11.txt
Warn > WurmApi > WurmCharacterLogFiles: Skipping file that had parsing errors, file name: D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players\Conor\test_logs\GM.2015-11.txt
Info > WurmApi > LogFileInfoFactory: Detected issues with parsing log type for file D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players\Conor\test_logs\irc.rizon.net._Server.2015-10.txt
Info > WurmApi > WurmCharacterLogFiles: Skipping log file, that appears to be log from IRC (unsupported), file name: D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players\Conor\test_logs\irc.rizon.net._Server.2015-10.txt
Info > WurmApi > LogFileInfoFactory: Detected issues with parsing log type for file D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players\Conor\test_logs\irc.rizon.net._wurm.2015-10.txt
Info > WurmApi > WurmCharacterLogFiles: Skipping log file, that appears to be log from IRC (unsupported), file name: D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players\Conor\test_logs\irc.rizon.net._wurm.2015-10.txt
Info > WurmApi > LogFileInfoFactory: Detected issues with parsing log type for file D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players\Conor\test_logs\irc.rizon.net._wurmunlimited.2015-10.txt
Info > WurmApi > WurmCharacterLogFiles: Skipping log file, that appears to be log from IRC (unsupported), file name: D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players\Conor\test_logs\irc.rizon.net._wurmunlimited.2015-10.txt
Info > WurmApi > LogFileInfoFactory: Detected issues with parsing log type for file D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players\Conor\test_logs\_System.2015-10.txt
Warn > WurmApi > WurmCharacterLogFiles: Skipping file that had parsing errors, file name: D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players\Conor\test_logs\_System.2015-10.txt
Info > WurmApi > LogFileInfoFactory: Detected issues with parsing log type for file D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players\Conor\test_logs\_System.2015-11.txt
Warn > WurmApi > WurmCharacterLogFiles: Skipping file that had parsing errors, file name: D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players\Conor\test_logs\_System.2015-11.txt
Info > WaVersion > Parsed WA version: MinorVersion: 3.0, BuildCode: beta, BuildNumber: 8, BuildStamp: 07/11/2015 10:57:48 +01:00
Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Sounds Manager
Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Log Searcher
Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Calendar
Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Timers
Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Triggers
Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Granger
Warn > WurmApi > .ServerParsingHelper: ServerHistoryProvider found 'you are on' log line, but could not parse it. Character: Conor Entry: Timestamp: 08/11/2015 09:38:54, Source: , Content: These other players are online on Hibernia:
Warn > WurmApi > .ServerParsingHelper: ServerHistoryProvider found 'you are on' log line, but could not parse it. Character: Conor Entry: Timestamp: 08/11/2015 09:38:54, Source: , Content: These other players are online on Hibernia:
Error > WurmApi > SkillEntryParser: Skill gain/loss message could not be parsed, raw entry: Timestamp: 21/10/2015 21:03:10, Source: , Content: Stone chisel has increased to rank 1 affinity
Error > WurmApi > SkillEntryParser: Skill gain/loss message could not be parsed, raw entry: Timestamp: 07/11/2015 12:54:35, Source: , Content: Alchemy has increased to rank 1 affinity

Done, after update affinity lines should no longer be listed as errors.

Edited by Aldur
  • Like 1

Still getting the error after update :)

2015/11/08 11:56:30.064 > Error > WurmApi > WurmApi > SkillEntryParser: Skill message appears to inform about affinity, not supported. Raw entry: Timestamp: 21/10/2015 21:03:10, Source: , Content: Stone chisel has increased to rank 1 affinity
2015/11/08 11:56:30.107 > Error > WurmApi > WurmApi > SkillEntryParser: Skill message appears to inform about affinity, not supported. Raw entry: Timestamp: 07/11/2015 12:54:35, Source: , Content: Alchemy has increased to rank 1 affinity

Launcher has been updated with an attempt to fix startup issues for some players.

For some reason, this change does not want to automatically update.

The old clickonce launcher needs to be uninstalled and then installed again from latest setup.

Well I still can't find what the issue is. This runs fine on my desktop at home, but I still can't get it to run on my laptop. The launcher seems to run updating correctly and finishes with no errors that I can see....and then nothing.

Since last update, I can no longer minimize to tray...can only minimize the window.

I have disabled this, as it was causing some other issues. I'm sorry but it had to be done.

It wont start at all.. for some reason... neither the zip or click once dont show. running win 10 with both of the preqs installed

latest log in the spoiler..

PLATFORM VERSION INFO

Windows : 10.0.10240.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2
clr.dll : 4.6.96.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE
dfdll.dll : 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2
dfshim.dll : 10.0.10240.16384 (th1.150709-1700)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/Saiyan1337/Downloads/AldursLab.WurmAssistantUnlimited.Launcher(1).application

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\Saiyan1337\Downloads\AldursLab.WurmAssistantUnlimited.Launcher(1).application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Lock timeout exception.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [11/14/2015 10:17:34 PM] : Activation of C:\Users\Saiyan1337\Downloads\AldursLab.WurmAssistantUnlimited.Launcher(1).application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [11/14/2015 10:19:34 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (LockTimeout)
- Lock timeout exception.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.LockedFile.AcquireLock(String path, TimeSpan timeout, Boolean writer)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.RefreshStorePointer()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

The error you showed is usually caused by corrupted windows user profile or an antivirus blocking parts of it. Temporarily add your entire user profile to your antivirus exclude list and try again both launchers.

Hi here is my error log after failing to start WA

sorry for the wall :(

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
    Windows             : 10.0.10240.0 (Win32NT)
    Common Language Runtime     : 4.0.30319.42000
    System.Deployment.dll         : 4.6.114.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    clr.dll             : 4.6.127.1 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    dfdll.dll             : 4.6.114.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    dfshim.dll             : 10.0.10240.16384 (th1.150709-1700)

SOURCES
    Deployment url            : http://resources.aldurslab.net/WAUnlimited-stable-launcher-clickonce/AldursLab.WurmAssistantUnlimited.Launcher.application
                        Server        : Microsoft-IIS/8.0
    Deployment Provider url        : http://resources.aldurslab.net/WAUnlimited-stable-launcher-clickonce/AldursLab.WurmAssistantUnlimited.Launcher.application
    Application url            : http://resources.aldurslab.net/WAUnlimited-stable-launcher-clickonce/Application%20Files/AldursLab.WurmAssistantUnlimited.Launcher_1_0_0_10/AldursLab.WurmAssistantUnlimited.Launcher.exe.manifest
                        Server        : Microsoft-IIS/8.0

IDENTITIES
    Deployment Identity        : AldursLab.WurmAssistantUnlimited.Launcher.application, Version=1.0.0.10, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0000000000000000, processorArchitecture=x86
    Application Identity        : AldursLab.WurmAssistantUnlimited.Launcher.exe, Version=1.0.0.10, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0000000000000000, processorArchitecture=x86, type=win32

APPLICATION SUMMARY
    * Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * Activation of http://resources.aldurslab.net/WAUnlimited-stable-launcher-clickonce/AldursLab.WurmAssistantUnlimited.Launcher.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
        + Exception occurred during store operation.
        + The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070020)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    * Transaction at [11/20/2015 5:44:35 AM]
        - Staging of a component file (AldursLab.WurmAssistantUnlimited.Launcher.exe) did not succeed.
        - Staging of a component (Newtonsoft.Json.dll.genman) did not succeed.
        - Staging of a component file (Newtonsoft.Json.dll) did not succeed.
        - Staging of a component (AldursLab.Networking.dll.genman) did not succeed.
        - Staging of a component file (AldursLab.Networking.dll) did not succeed.
        - Staging of a component (AldursLab.WurmAssistant.Shared.dll.genman) did not succeed.
        - Staging of a component file (AldursLab.WurmAssistant.Shared.dll) did not succeed.
        - Staging of a component (AldursLab.WurmAssistant.Launcher.Core.dll.genman) did not succeed.
        - Staging of a component file (AldursLab.WurmAssistant.Launcher.Core.dll) did not succeed.
        - Staging of a component (AldursLab.PersistentObjects.dll.genman) did not succeed.
        - Staging of a component file (AldursLab.PersistentObjects.dll) did not succeed.
        - Staging of a component (ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll.genman) did not succeed.
        - Staging of a component file (ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll) did not succeed.
        - Staging of a component (AldursLab.Essentials.dll.genman) did not succeed.
        - Staging of a component file (AldursLab.Essentials.dll) did not succeed.
        - Staging of a component (JetBrains.Annotations.dll.genman) did not succeed.
        - Staging of a component file (JetBrains.Annotations.dll) did not succeed.
        - Installation of deployment (http://resources.aldurslab.net/WAUnlimited-stable-launcher-clickonce/AldursLab.WurmAssistantUnlimited.Launcher.application#AldursLab.WurmAssistantUnlimited.Launcher.application, Version=1.0.0.10, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0000000000000000, processorArchitecture=x86) did not succeed.
        - Setting one or more of the deployment metadata did not succeed.

WARNINGS
    * The manifest for this application does not have a signature. Signature validation will be ignored.
    * The manifest for this application does not have a signature. Signature validation will be ignored.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    * [11/20/2015 5:44:14 AM] : Activation of http://resources.aldurslab.net/WAUnlimited-stable-launcher-clickonce/AldursLab.WurmAssistantUnlimited.Launcher.application has started.
    * [11/20/2015 5:44:15 AM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
    * [11/20/2015 5:44:15 AM] : Installation of the application has started.
    * [11/20/2015 5:44:15 AM] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
    * [11/20/2015 5:44:18 AM] : Found compatible runtime version 4.0.30319.
    * [11/20/2015 5:44:18 AM] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.
    * [11/20/2015 5:44:35 AM] : Downloading of subscription dependencies is complete.
    * [11/20/2015 5:44:35 AM] : Commit of the downloaded application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [11/20/2015 5:44:35 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (ComponentStore)
        - Exception occurred during store operation.
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.SubmitStoreTransaction(StoreTransactionContext storeTxn, SubscriptionState subState)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.SubmitStoreTransactionCheckQuota(StoreTransactionContext storeTxn, SubscriptionState subState)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.CommitApplication(SubscriptionState subState, CommitApplicationParams commitParams)
            at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CommitApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, CommitApplicationParams commitParams)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
        --- Inner Exception ---
        System.IO.FileLoadException
        - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070020)
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IStore.Transact(IntPtr cOperation, StoreTransactionOperation[] rgOperations, UInt32[] rgDispositions, Int32[] rgResults)
            at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.Store.Transact(StoreTransactionOperation[] operations, UInt32[] rgDispositions, Int32[] rgResults)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.SubmitStoreTransaction(StoreTransactionContext storeTxn, SubscriptionState subState)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    * Transaction at [11/20/2015 5:44:35 AM]
        + System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreOperationStageComponent
            - HRESULT: 0x0
            - Manifest: HC1NW8J2.XPJ.application
        + System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreOperationSetDeploymentMetadata
            - Manifest: AldursLab.WurmAssistantUnlimited.Launcher.exe.manifest
        + System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreOperationStageComponentFile
            - File: beta.bat
            - File: WurmAssistantLiteIcon.ico
            - File: stable-mac-unlimited.bat
            - File: AldursLab.WurmAssistantUnlimited.Launcher.exe.config
            - File: stable-windows-unlimited.bat
            - File: beta-unlimited.bat
            - File: stable-windows.bat
            - File: WurmAssistantIcon.ico
            - File: stable-linux-unlimited.bat
            - File: dev-unlimited.bat
            - File: stable-linux.bat
            - File: stable-mac.bat
            - File: WurmAssistantUnlimitedIcon.ico
            - File: dev.bat
            - Manifest: AldursLab.WurmAssistantUnlimited.Launcher.exe.genman
            - HRESULT: 0x80070020
            - File: AldursLab.WurmAssistantUnlimited.Launcher.exe
            - HRESULT: 0x1
            - Manifest: Newtonsoft.Json.dll.genman
            - File: Newtonsoft.Json.dll
            - Manifest: AldursLab.Networking.dll.genman
            - File: AldursLab.Networking.dll
            - Manifest: AldursLab.WurmAssistant.Shared.dll.genman
            - File: AldursLab.WurmAssistant.Shared.dll
            - Manifest: AldursLab.WurmAssistant.Launcher.Core.dll.genman
            - File: AldursLab.WurmAssistant.Launcher.Core.dll
            - Manifest: AldursLab.PersistentObjects.dll.genman
            - File: AldursLab.PersistentObjects.dll
            - Manifest: ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll.genman
            - File: ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll
            - Manifest: AldursLab.Essentials.dll.genman
            - File: AldursLab.Essentials.dll
            - Manifest: JetBrains.Annotations.dll.genman
            - File: JetBrains.Annotations.dll
        + System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreOperationInstallDeployment
            - AppId: http://resources.aldurslab.net/WAUnlimited-stable-launcher-clickonce/AldursLab.WurmAssistantUnlimited.Launcher.application#AldursLab.WurmAssistantUnlimited.Launcher.application, Version=1.0.0.10, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0000000000000000, processorArchitecture=x86
        + System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreOperationSetDeploymentMetadata
        + System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreTransactionOperationType (27)

Edited by Wrathlan

Your antivirus has most likely blocked it. Are you using avast?