Sign in to follow this  
Tallion

Buildable rice patties.

Although the fact that you need to be near the sea level/water level to be able to farm rice is somewhat cool for specialized rice farmers, some maps in WU make it quite hard. Also i think most would like this idea even if it would make rice farmers obsolete.

Rice patties/fields as a buildable construct. Lets say you use bricks/stone to start building it, and its dropped just like a charcoal pile, then you add more dirt and rock to finish it. The stone would be to help support the dirt walls you would be making as a dam to hold water in. Basically you create a farm area with a dirt dam around the edges to hold water in. Since its a "building" im not sure if the normal way of sowing and harvesting would work, but that would be ideal. The patty itself you would open and fill with water like any container. Then as its not a real waterproof dam, lets say the water drains at some set speed.

Should come in 3 sizes. Small, medium and large. 

If having farmable tiles within a structure that would also have to check for water in the patty container is hard to make, maybe the patties would have the rice seeds as a building part, so you would have to actually use the rice as a part for finishing the patties, then when its ripe. You open it and take out the harvestable rice, breaking the patty back down to the stage where it needs new seeds and new water to start over. (this seems harder though, as the rice would not be an actual field tile. Though you could maybe add the "farm option to the patty itself then?)

Hope thats not to messy and you understand what i mean. 

Pluss one if anyone is interested guys, also feel free to add your own ideas for how it would work in comments.

• Like 2

This is a rice pattie

46558bdcecdf4f7a3ad56d2312ec3502.jpg

This is a rice PADDY

a71f40358e89bbbdca0bd81bc9898dbc.jpg

Either one i'd give a +1 new food items or a way to build rice paddies without being below water level.

Um, let's see, water in several levels? Maybe one day in a future when water can be above sea level also!

I am sure we'd all +1 rivers on mountains etc :P

Sorry about that stormblade, thx for the correction.

Cecci, the several layers arent necessary, its the only way they can build on slopes, quite ingenious.  That should not be the case in Wurm though, to advanced, Should be a leveled paddy.

(Now i want rice patties implemented aswell, those look like they belong in Wurm.)

Now my remark was mainly cause of the photo really.
The water in Wurm is compleatly flat, no water on slopes. So, what then? Raised tile borders?

Edited by Cecci

I do feel my terraced wineyard could also be made better than it is now :P