Sign in to follow this  
Miretta

Therra 4096x4096

I tried myself at another map, which came out alot better then the last one AND I could make some screenshots from it also :)

I used WGenerator 2 and painting some details in per hand with photoshop.

it's supposed to have all ressources except for adamantium and glimmersteel

I tried to create alot of different zones, that feel different and are not as mixed as on official wurm servers, so trees are growing at different heights (initially) 

there are deserts, sandbeaches, marsh areas and several islands etc.

VDkew8f.png

topo map:

XH4Vso0.png

screenshots:

NgvsEmu.jpg

LGDOGw2.jpg

M4gZdXe.jpg

Ivl2hbE.jpg

i0WFsHc.jpg

75K0esB.jpg

BOx9Dr5.jpg

download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u4orqbsxjixcbba/Therra.zip?dl=0 (109MB)

these are the map files only, you have to follow these steps to make them work:

1.open the wurm unlimited dedicated server tool

2.select database (standard is creative)

3.on the bottom click on copy(rename it however you like)

4.now unpack my zipfile into the newly created serverfolder (the copy you made)

4.2. close the unlimited dedicated server tool before proceeding with next step

5.then open the sqlite folder and search for rebuild-dbs.bat, use it and press y when asked if you want to rebuild the database

6.start the new server to test it

Edited by Miretta
  • Like 6

Wow, Photoshop canvas effect? The idea with exposed rock between grass in the last picture is just great!

Wow, Photoshop canvas effect? The idea with exposed rock between grass in the last picture is just great!

I just used photoshop to change the heightmap :) to create some cliff areas and smoothen out some plains.

everything else is made/tweaked with map generator 2

Edited by Miretta

very nice work, but i have a question, if i change my map, get i lost my character and make a new one or is the character "save" and all arround i build is only lost?

as far as I know, when you reset the database for a specific server you have to make a new character, but it's only once for when you start the server the first time and it won't affect your character on any other server you created.

Thats atleast how it appeared to me so far, when trying out new maps, which seems reasonable, I assume there is a way to keep your character from another server (maybe by copying some files) but I don't know what is needed for that.

@Nazrael

If you change only top_layer.map file in your server, you will have everything on the new map. Your avatar will have actual skills levels, logs and piles will lay on a ground. You lost pavements, fields and probably some structures, because you can't build houses with trees inside, on marsh tiles, or fences under water etc.

If you change rock_layer.map, and heights in top_layer.map are at least 1 dirt above rock layer and rock tiles in both maps are on the same level, nothing happens. Of course if you have no mine entrances and tunnels.

Changing map_cave.map file is also rather safe.l This is veins map and ore quantities in them (rock wall is also "ore" in Wurm). In worse case (if you have a mine)  you just lost your exposed veins and will have odd things in tunnels. But if your map is brand new and you have played on the surface only, then nothing bad happens.

There is better idea than exchanging entire files. If you want to add some veins, add Trader, fast build some structure or change tiles you may create a player with Game Master (5) privileges and use Ebony Wand. All changes you do will write to map files and you get modified maps.

I tried myself at another map, which came out alot better then the last one AND I could make some screenshots from it also :)

I used WGenerator 2 and painting some details in per hand with photoshop.

it's supposed to have all ressources except for adamantium and glimmersteel

I tried to create alot of different zones, that feel different and are not as mixed as on official wurm servers, so trees are growing at different heights (initially) 

there are deserts, sandbeaches, marsh areas and several islands etc.

VDkew8f.png

topo map:

XH4Vso0.png

screenshots:

NgvsEmu.jpg

LGDOGw2.jpg

M4gZdXe.jpg

Ivl2hbE.jpg

i0WFsHc.jpg

75K0esB.jpg

BOx9Dr5.jpg

download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4576449/Therra.zip (109MB)

these are the map files only, you have to follow these steps to make them work:

1.open the wurm unlimited dedicated server tool

2.select database (standard is creative)

3.on the bottom click on copy(rename it however you like)

4.now unpack my zipfile into the newly created serverfolder (the copy you made)

5.then open the sqlite folder and search for rebuild-dbs.bat, use it and press y when asked if you want to rebuild the database

6.start the new server to test it

You have to close the Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server program before step 5, otherwise if you look at the text, it says Error, in use and it does not properly rebuild the DB.

You have to close the Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server program before step 5, otherwise if you look at the text, it says Error, in use and it does not properly rebuild the DB.

haha, you got me there :D I forget that so often XD

One question, is there moon metal veins? I want to keep moon metal rare .

20 minutes ago, Elsa said:

One question, is there moon metal veins? I want to keep moon metal rare .

I don't think moon metal was in the generator options when I created the map. So very likely, no.

404, anyone still have this map, would love to check it out.

2 hours ago, ozmods said:

404, anyone still have this map, would love to check it out.

I updated the link :) thanks for pointing this out, apparently dropbox has changed how it works.

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 7:56 PM, Miretta said:

I updated the link :) thanks for pointing this out, apparently dropbox has changed how it works.

many thanks for this, only just discovered your post, so very grateful for the reupload.

love the long flat edges, perfect for building on, (after terraforming of course lol)

6 minutes ago, ozmods said:

many thanks for this, only just discovered your post, so very grateful for the reupload.

love the long flat edges, perfect for building on, (after terraforming of course lol)

no problem :)

hey! 

Did you put in tar??? I cant find any tar when i fly across the map.

22 minutes ago, Elsa said:

hey! 

Did you put in tar??? I cant find any tar when i fly across the map.

it should have tar, since I always meticulously went through all wurm tiles for generation, but I know I made them very small spots (especially when comparing it to the large map), try to look for black pixels on the map http://prntscr.com/gatjt4

8 minutes ago, Miretta said:

it should have tar, since I always meticulously went through all wurm tiles for generation, but I know I made them very small spots (especially when comparing it to the large map), try to look for black pixels on the map http://prntscr.com/gatjt4

Thanks! I saw them now

Hello! I was just wondering if you have an updated dropbox link for this map? I really love it and would love to use it on a private server for my siblings & I.

On 11/3/2015 at 11:54 AM, Miretta said:

I just used photoshop to change the heightmap :) to create some cliff areas and smoothen out some plains.

everything else is made/tweaked with map generator 2

Do you have an updated link? The dropbox link is not working anymore.

I like this map sad you don't have the file anymore :(

Edited by Perlia