Sign in to follow this  
Tallion

Unique mob alerts.

I know there are some messages allready, like the goblin leader has "rumours of the goblin leader has begun to spread". Though ive never seen a dragon so i dont know if they have one, do they?

Anyways, my suggestion would be that if there was a unique, walking about, like a dragon for instance, the server would every now and then alert all or just some players to it.

"A sound carried on the wind...far off into the *direction*...wings?" could be a message for the dragon for instance. And i dont mean only on the unique's spawn, but just randomly now and then if a unique is active. 

(This idea is mostly for WU, but would work in WO asell, if there arent any such features.)

I have a server, and Ive spawned some uniques here and there to entertain the players. Would love it if they would get these messages sometimes.

There is a spawn message for dragons, could be nice to have an event message every now and then as a mod but not for WO. In WO searching for uniques is fun and hard and let's you explore new places. With the exception of Xanadu almost all uniques are found reasonably quickly

would be interesting to have that! but It shouldnt be too frequent, maybe after a month of it not being killed that message could be displayed.

Yes, that was actually what i ment. Its not always people notice or are on when it spawns. And if its wandering around in some area, it could send 1 such message a week or something.

And Webba, aye, i get that=) In WU however, (on a custom map aswell), im not sure if they will actually spawn themselves? So if i spawn them and as of now dont have a group with a forum or something for people to read server info/updates, many will never know unless i keep track of who ive told. (or alter the welcoming message.)

Anyways, just thought it would be cool getting such a message every now and then=)