Sign in to follow this  
Nicrolis

Mycelium not spreading/reverting to grass properly [Fixed]

I have done a long term test(on chaos), and ever since the update from the freedom getting hit by mycelium fix, mycelium has broken mechanics.

I have 3-5 tiles at my deed which have been grass for several months. They have mycelium tiles touching them, but they have not reverted to mycelium like they should. We have a few at our capital that are like this as well. Several tiles off deed also show this, but I believe some have reverted(just taking a long time).

On the opposite side, infected tree tiles are not reverting to regular trees outside Black lighter influence. This is an observation I have made for almost 6 months now. Trees will remain infected, while the grass around them will become normal grass.

Its pretty simple to test the latter one, just run around anywhere that used to have black light influence, you will see only trees infected. Testing the first one takes a bit longer, but is pretty easy to show that its not spreading in kingdom influence like it used to.

bumping back up, was at the bottom of the page. This is something that effects every one on chaos, and im pretty sure the WL kingdoms would also liked this fixed so they can lost the mycelium quicker.

Bump, those tiles I have as "tests" are still grass. havent turned to mycelium. that's ridiculous that it takes over 2 months for a single tile, with mycelium borders, to convert.

Checked them, still grass, BUT it can take a bit so ill wait a couple days :-) ty for staying on top of things

Edit 13/nov: Nothing yet, but will bump the thread after a week if it hasn't changed.

Edited by Nicrolis
  • Like 1

Nope the fix did not work. The tiles on deed are still grass. The tiles off deed are as well.

I have confirmed 1/20+ off deed has changed to mycelium. none of the ones on deed have though.

Ok Offdeed is spreading like it used to now :-) But on deed is not spreading at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicrolis said:

Ok Offdeed is spreading like it used to now :-) But on deed is not spreading at all.

Odd as there is no check for deeds in that part of the code. But i will go check again.

• Like 1

Underwater mycellium doesnt reverts back to grass, which is a problem if its unwanted.

• Like 1

Nicrolis, thank you for the verification.  Your on deed note has been added to the card - as well as the underwater issue from Krinos78.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Tich said:

Odd as there is no check for deeds in that part of the code. But i will go check again.

ya, ive had tiles on deed that have stayed grass for 4 months, or near 4, now. They do border Mycelium.

Edited by Nicrolis
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, krinos78 said:

Underwater mycellium doesnt reverts back to grass, which is a problem if its unwanted.

Added code so it should now revert to dirt or kelp or reeds...

On 11/25/2015, 12:44:26, Nicrolis said:

ya, ive had tiles on deed that have stayed grass for 4 months, or near 4, now. They do border Mycelium.

Checking again to see if your deed tiles have converted yet.

I've spoken with Nicrolis and have taken some tile information which I'll add to the bug report in case it add some insight to the issue.

• Like 1

I'm running a HOTS server on wurm unlimited. Mycellium tiles aren't spreading and are turning to grass on deed.

On 11/19/2015 at 5:51 PM, Nicrolis said:

I have confirmed 1/20+ off deed has changed to mycelium. none of the ones on deed have though.

It's me again!  Would you mind checking for the next week or so to see if today's patch has helped in your situation yet?  http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/135970-big-stuff-%E2%80%93-spiral-stairs-and-plotting-boat-travel/

Thank you!

• Like 1

checked, still not fixed. mycellium isnt spreading and is turning to grass on HotS dees.

I was told by Daolin, that on his WU server he had to change a flag about mycelium from False to True, and they dont have any issues

its in the database somewhere. Daolin knows where,  but hes busy atm and hasnt told me what line it was.

if you find out before i do, please let me know. my server has been up a while now and there should be a lot more mycellium.

Mycelium spreads while in Kingdom influence of hots. If theres no kingdom influence it wont spread. Altars can spread it but the only time mycelium spreads via altar, is with the cast of Rite of Death. Otherwise its all kingdom influence