Sign in to follow this  
eggroll0d

GM command, how to set vein amount?

I can see how to change the terrain of a tile with the wand, but what I can't see is how to set the amount of ore a specific vein has. How do I do this? Also what do the top 3 values set in the set data menu? I can't seem to find any material on what the numbers relate to.

wurm%20data.PNG

You have to be able to see the ore vein, right-click it with the want and set data has different options.

To change the amount of ore a vein has, you increase or decrease the Cave Resource value.

Not sure exactly what the Surface Resource value is.

Surface tile data varies depending on the surface tile type in that rock or ore column, for instance it it's a grass tile it will have different values from the simple single box in the above example.

i believe the surfacer resource is what it says, if you mine rock from the surface the amount is higher as if you mine the tile from the cave, that would be logic because in the cave you mine just a block from the whole x angel of rock

Also from the surface if you check clay/tar tiles you can set the amount with the set data > dug resources. This sort of prevents the tiles from sinking when players dig into it, It says the max value you can set it is 32767, it needs periodic adjustment because that value goes down with every dig action. I have not yet come across anything that can set a veins quality tho.

Also the quality of the vein is determined by the original cave wall QL level. Its also useful to know that you can fill in a mined tunnel by changing the open cave floor back into a cave wall. Throw up a dummy server for GM only and play around with things trying different scenerios. 

you do not need to turn the tile back to a wall to bring the rock tile back.  Just right click the ground in the cave and use 'repair'.  It will collapse the tile back to rock.