Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Simple Suggestion - Let the server return quality and damage with result

Every time I improve and item I want to see what the resulting quality is.

[10:44:35] You must use a file to smooth out the "Dwarvenstone Keep" in order to improve it.

When the action is completed the next action required to improve is sent to the client.  But my compulsive nature forces me to examine the item again to see the quality reached.  This request is sent to the server every time.  My suggestion is to add a quality notice to the end of the result so I dont have to send that request to the server.

[10:44:35] You must use a file to smooth out the "Dwarvenstone Keep" in order to improve it (Ql: 37.89035, Dam: 0.0)

This will save the trouble of examining the item.  It saves the server from processing the request.  It saves time and will probably improve performance when you think of hundreds of players not having to send examine requests during crafting.

While you are there, go ahead and add it to the repair result as well.

[10:55:12] You repair the "Dwarvenstone Keep"  (Ql: 37.0005, Dam: 0.0).

Thoughts?

Edited by Eyesgood
  • Like 4

I very rarely seen to examine stuff but I wouldn't mind it. Though I would suggest on improve that the damage doesn't get shown. (You just improved it, there won't be damage - that's more text clutter)

I very rarely seen to examine stuff but I wouldn't mind it. Though I would suggest on improve that the damage doesn't get shown. (You just improved it, there won't be damage - that's more text clutter)

Certainly, yep!

Maybe on WU, but not on WO, cause it would make macro so much easier. You would know when to repair and when to switch to another item to get most of the skill gain.

Maybe on WU, but not on WO, cause it would make macro so much easier. You would know when to repair and when to switch to another item to get most of the skill gain.

Lol

Hi,

without meaning you at all: 

[...] cause it would make macro so much easier. [...]

Everytime I read this, it translates as such, for me:

Please don't change anything, my expensive macro-kit would need an expensive update!

As mentioned, not talking about archer!

Have fun!

Uhm... No, that's not how that works.

And if it was, I could already do that by examining the item. Not to mention it already shows when you fail and damage a item.

Also, WO has protection against macros and use of bots, to a pretty darn good extent may I add. Granted a few get through, but this change wouldn't help them in anyway.

I am this kind of obsessive quality checker as well, so +1.

I like the idea, would be useful at times for sure.

+1

Edited by Nukkinak

I also obsessively check ql after every imping action. Would definitely save a lot of extra clicking!

Edited by Araninke

My improve keybinds do a repair after each improve action anyway, why would a macro be assisted in any way by having damage displayed?