Sign in to follow this  
Windamere

Wurm Unlimited IRC

Ok so I run my server on LAN and was connecting to #wurmunlimited through an external IRC client.

When i brought up the idea of adding a client to my game one of the brilliant modders, Thanks(Ulvirala) on #wumodding reminded me that there is a client already built into Wurm.

After the stupendous (Facepalm) i was able to connect the built in IRC in my game to both channels...so this is to let everyone else know about connecting IRC even if you are running your server on LAN...

You can connect two ways:

1. Open console F1 and type IRC...you should get a new tab that says "Server" in game...click inside that tab and type :

/join #wumodding

/join #wurmunlimited

2: Under Program FIles(x86 for 64 bit systems)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\configs\default

Open autorun.txt using any text editor

you should see this:

// In this file you can put console commands that you want to execute on startup.
// This file is handled AFTER keybindings.txt, so a keybind here will override it.

// This file will be automatically created with default values if it is missing.
// So if you ever manage to mess up this file, just delete it to get a clean one.

Add these lines:

irc
ircsay /join #wumodding
ircsay /join #wurmunlimited

Then when you start your client it should automatically connect to those channels.

Note: Even running on LAN, in order to connect to IRC you will need in internet connection..

Further reading on IRC and setting up can be found here:

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Setting_up_IRC_in_the_client

• Like 1

i tried this  anychance u can show a SS of how ya got it in your folder that is actually working?

i tried this  anychance u can show a SS of how ya got it in your folder that is actually working?

// In this file you can put console commands that you want to execute on startup.

// This file is handled AFTER keybindings.txt, so a keybind here will override it.

// This file will be automatically created with default values if it is missing.

// So if you ever manage to mess up this file, just delete it to get a clean one.

irc

ircsay /join #wumodding

ircsay /join #wurmunlimited

Just like above

Have to have internet connection...if you open console F1 and type IRC...and Do NOT get a new server tab....then IRC isn't connecting...ie. can't open ports

Edited by Windamere

i can goto the channels by manually typing them in, thats def odd......

I'm planning on doing a little video on this to try and encourage more people to join the chat; particularly those on a server on their own as it can get a bit lonely!

• Like 1

I think adding this to the default autorun.txt in all clients would help newbies a lot.

It could be like a CA channel for all of WU.