WeedWilly

If the game doesnt start ..

... this might eventually help you. 

Short description : 

msvcp120.dll has not properly been installed to windows/system32 

My specs : 

Vista 64bit + Core2Duo 3ghz + Nvidia 9800 gtx+

The Problem : 

When clicking the desktop icon, the Steam login window was showing up for a fraction of a second and then I got the Windows System Message "Wurm Client does not  work anymore - closing program". 

So I looked into the installation folder and started the WurmLauncher.exe directly from there, this produced the Windows Message "Cannot find msvcp120.dll - please reinstall". 

Solution : 

The file is actually not missing, it's just sitting inside a directory where nobody can find it. 

You have to copy the file msvcp120.dll into the same directory where the WurmLauncher.exe is. 

The file can be found in : 

a)  c:\windows\system32

B)  c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\runtime\bin

c)  c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common

d)  c:\windows\sysWOW64

and you have to copy it to : 

a)  c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher

Additional Info : 

Files like these are the Microsoft Runtime Libraries for Visual C++ version 12. A runtime library is basically providing the functionality of the Microsoft development tools to the programm. The programmer has no control over these libraries, they will automatically be included into his software and they will automatically load themselves when his software is getting started. 

When loading a library, Microsoft will first look into the application's directory (where the .exe file is) and then go through a chain of user defined directories to find the library. This is why copying the files can overwrite whatever went wrong when setting up the search path during the installation. 

Also notice, there are two different versions of these files floating around. The c:\windows\system32 on 64bit-computers contains 64bit-libraries. The 32bit-libraries on 64bit-computers can be found in c:\windows\sysWoW64 which stands for "Win32 on Win64". That is why the msvcp120 from the sysWoW64 folder is NOT going to work with Wurm, while the msvcp120 from the system32 folder is going to work with Wurm WHEN you are on a 64bit-computer. 

I hope this will work for other people as well. See you guys in the game.