Sign in to follow this  
Keenan

[WIP] Portals Mod

Just read through this. Have you been able to workaround the Wurm Online hardcoded stuff?

thinking about setting a specific tile to teleport you and your wagon/cart to another spot on the map, similar to crossing with a boat, is it doable?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eject said:

nope, just your char

Is this for standard portals or Keenan's mod (hypothetically speaking).

i am speaking about missions "  setting a specific tile to teleport ", afaik standard portals dont work too- maybe with keenan portals you can then teleport with your wagon or cart, but atm the mod isnt released

Is there any estimated time on this mod considering it's Posted 1 Nov 2015?

Wow, what I wouldn't give to have portals to link my deeds in WO!

Especially one you could drive a wagon through!

love to see portals like asheron's call or even istaria,  would look cool. and ya to allow wagons and animals through them too,  would make large maps more fun, on servers with less population

oh i really need that mod :) any way to get it ??? i just need portal to travel to different spots on my map ,,,

I don't think it is available yet. Not sure on the progress of it.  Now that Keenan has more to do as a coder, it may be harder for him to do side projects. I hope he can sometime.

On 23.7.2016 at 10:22 PM, Lolabelle said:

I don't think it is available yet. Not sure on the progress of it.  Now that Keenan has more to do as a coder, it may be harder for him to do side projects. I hope he can sometime.

This shouldnt be a side project, this should be in the server side as a default feature.

On 7/23/2016 at 6:26 AM, Alexo said:

oh i really need that mod :) any way to get it ??? i just need portal to travel to different spots on my map ,,,

Don't need a mod for this this can already be done in game with mechanics that are present. You can make portals and use them all across the map to port to and throw the mod people asking for is more for server to server porting.

On 7/30/2016 at 9:54 AM, Arkonick said:

Don't need a mod for this this can already be done in game with mechanics that are present. You can make portals and use them all across the map to port to and throw the mod people asking for is more for server to server porting.

i can use mission ruler but its complicated sometimes

There is a portal available in game now and has been from the start, that you can use to go from server to server. It is called portal....

You set data1 to the id of the server you want it to send people to. It sends them to the JK location set in the database on that server. It doesn't go do kingdom choices and such though, but if you just want to go from one server to another it works.

• Like 2

On 8/3/2016 at 11:27 AM, Xyp said:

There is a portal available in game now and has been from the start, that you can use to go from server to server. It is called portal....

You set data1 to the id of the server you want it to send people to. It sends them to the JK location set in the database on that server. It doesn't go do kingdom choices and such though, but if you just want to go from one server to another it works.

I would like some more information on this, as I am trying to do it this way but it isn't quite all of the information. What else is there and are you talking about the actual database files or just the prompt window? I set the coordinates but the portal is still going to 0 - 0. Keenan said I needed to tell the first server where the second one is to go but didn't explain what or how to do that. The portal works, but it won't go to any coordinates I set.

When you setup your server, there is the "Spawn point" - that's where the portal will send you.

18 hours ago, Jukken said:

When you setup your server, there is the "Spawn point" - that's where the portal will send you.

I got the answer I needed. Have to have server offline and edit the actual database wurmlogin.db > servers and set all the spawn points that way otherwise it won't stick.