Sign in to follow this  
SpencerSharkey

Sharkland [24/7] | Custom Map [4096] | 2x Skill/Action | Level 10 Start Skills | Transferring WO Skills | Live Map | Newbie Friendly

sharkland.png

Server Name:            Sharkland PvE 24/7 | Custom Map | Faster Skill/Action

Server Hostname:                                                                              sharkey.pw

Fellow Wurm Unlimited pioneers, listen up!

We just finished setting up our new server, Sharkland! Here's a brief list of what you'd expect to see if you decide to join us:

• Custom Map! (4096x4096 - 4km2) (Click here to view)
  • All biomes, resources, and vegetation types included from the get-go. Resources are relatively evenly distributed throughout the map.
  • Fully populated with trees/bushes of all types, as time goes on the distribution will even out as trees organically spread.
  • Generally flat land (It still has detail/character unlike most custom maps!)... Nobody likes 60-slope mountain sides.
  • Multitude of inland lakes, perfect for Wurmians looking to settle on the water-front.
  • Accepting skill dumps from Wurm Online (see below)
  • Starter town with roadways spanning most of the southern land. More GM-plotted road infrastructure may be laid out within the next few days based on public opinion.
  • Nightly automated map-dump available at http://sharkey.pw with an archive. After 1 week of testing it will be live.

A starter settlement has been founded, and we have branched roads in 4 directions. As you can see on the map, two of these roads extend to the oceans while the others taper off towards harder to traverse terrain. You should have no problems finding a promising on this map, it's huge! There's much to explore, and a lot of work to be done in terms of infrastructure and safe travel for players. We hope we can bloom this into a thriving community of players. As time moves on, we are looking into producing some custom modifications to let our server stand out. Get in on the action now to secure a comfortable future on Sharkland servers!

At this time, we are currently accepting skill dumps/transfers from Wurm Online if you can provide justified proof. If this is something you are interested in, please add me on Steam or send me a PM on these forums. You'll be required to send some proof such as screenshots of your in-game skill window. 

map-small.png

We are trying to gauge interest in this server. We know there's quite a few out there, but we want to make players feel like they have a home that isn't going away in a few weeks. We have dedicated, scale-able server resources with a guarantee of great performance. If this kicks off, we are looking forward to adding PvP aspects to neighboring worlds, a sustainable economy, and much more. Let us know what you think!

If you'd like to contact me, you can send me a PM or more preferably add me on Steam! As a side note, we are looking for dedicated players to potentially provide some moderator support.

Detailed server configuration:

• Max players: 200
  • Skill gain rate multiplier: 8.0 (2x-ish default)
  • Characteristics/Mind/Body Control Start Value: 20.0
  • Fight Skill Start: 10.0
  • Overall Skill Start: 10.0
  • Action Speed Multiplier: 6.0 (2x default)
  • Max Creatures: 90k
  • Aggressive Creature Count: 30%

Server Specs:

• Intel Zeon E3-1270 (8 cores @ 3.5Ghz)
  • 16GB DDR3 ECC RAM
  • 120GB Intel Solid State
  • 1Gbps Link
  • Located near Philadelphia, USA (East Coast)

As you can see, we are well prepared to run this server with any amount of players you guys throw at it! The creature limit is higher than most servers to be sure you can gather all your horses. 

Lorhill, the start of the colonization of Sharkland PvE!

rdXhR.png

Edited by SpencerSharkey
  • Like 1

Pretty good server, transferring my skills from the MMO was painless. Managed to set up a bit of a homestead without much hassle. Map has a decent amount of variation without being overly annoying to navigate.

Thanks to a few players, we now have a public mine full of great ore!

They also have been flattening the main roads and providing easy access to other resources. Thanks to everyone that's been playing and making our launch a success.

DABqg.png