Sign in to follow this  
Xearan

public canal project sadly stopped.

Some time ago a public project was started. We wanted to connect the lakes around J-21(near whitefay), to west water body and canal system, so that the people living here can trade and sail. Place here is isolated and would greatly improve the situation.

After a lot of work (somewhere over 260tiles long) i hit a mine tunnel, and an angry owner. A dropshaft emerged. was not a big deal to fix it, was only one tile near a hidden mine entrance. And a canal workaround could be made. Sadly when scouting the area for a route i did not see his deed, mountain-y area with lots of bumps, isolated and it was under a small hill. grave mistake but an honest one.
But the problem lies elsewhere.
owner as he said wanted to be a hermit as he came from chaos. so he didn't want to cooperate at all. It was his right of course. I offered to fix the mine,i said i was sorry, was as polite and honest i could be, offered to supply with ores till the 1tile dropshaft was fixed and a solution was found.all i got back was attitude.

I politely asked him how far his mine extends south, he didn't say. Did not want to cooperate at all. just fix my mine and goodbye.with a lot of attitude.
after a lot of mining i found out his mine extended a lot. possibly over 50 tiles. i was carefull so not to cause another dropshaft.
Another mine extends north aswell. no idea for how far or if it is abandoned or not(can't see a surface entrance) and that route will take us dangerously close to old abandoned mines. One possible route was going under the deed (no mines) but alas, not an option.
We could of course just mine through those undeeded mines, strongwall and support them so that this public project can continue, but i don't do that. Although i must admit, it might be deserved.

In the end i didn't fix his dropshaft. thought he at least deserved that. I dislike being treated badly.. he even threatened to deed all over the area so the canal can never be made
bad luck jackpot? i don't know.

If people could talk things out, anything is possible, if not, things don't work out.

And so this project, along with some people's hopes comes to a stop :)  i spent too much time for this and i honestly think it the idea alone was worth it, but i don't like the trouble. Even a gm came.(tarissa)

I was the main constructor in the canal, and have to say that it's sad seeing projects of greater good, getting stopped like that. people involved don't know yet that the project is stopped. but they'll find out.
For anyone interested, the deed owner in question is called Mirrormatch.

don't buy from him, let the guy be a hermit :ph34r:

• Like 1

Its sad that a public work has to be stopped for such things.

I admit that my contribution in xanadu canals is still marginal, but i've seen how hard is the work to make a good one.

Sadly i heard that cavemen deed owners encountered in the middle of a canal digging are not that rare to encounter in the making of a canal and nobody can do anything about it.

also i take the chance to raise a flag not unknown in this forums:

Rolf please make 3d mines instead of 2d.

Good luck forward Xea - i hope you'll get over it soon.

• Like 1

Its sad that a public work has to be stopped for such things.

I admit that my contribution in xanadu canals is still marginal, but i've seen how hard is the work to make a good one.

Sadly i heard that cavemen deed owners encountered in the middle of a canal digging are not that rare to encounter in the making of a canal and nobody can do anything about it.

also i take the chance to raise a flag not unknown in this forums:

Rolf please make 3d mines instead of 2d.

Good luck forward Xea - i hope you'll get over it soon.

Leave me out of this.

• Like 2

There's a lovely spell called "Reveal Settlements" that indicates all deeds within local range.  Sorry you bumped into an uncooperative jerk, but in spite of hermits like this one, I will happily come take a look at your situation on my day off.

My bridge/road  project to connect Glasshollow to Linton via the island at i10 is also cancelled unfortunatelly, also by a hermit encounter.

There's a lovely spell called "Reveal Settlements" that indicates all deeds within local range.  Sorry you bumped into an uncooperative jerk, but in spite of hermits like this one, I will happily come take a look at your situation on my day off.

the thought alone is enough man! i appreciate it

never ever doing the same mistake again. ###### happens but i prefer it happening once.

@cecci sad to hear that.

Edited by Xearan

I've tunneled 3 public canals in my Wurm career, so I don't mind helping (and I love rock shards) so just let me know.

And this is exactly why I retired from public works and infrastructure improvements. You can have the support of almost the entire server quadrant that you're working in and one jackwagon can bring it to a screeching halt. Such a waste of time, effort and energy.

Sorry to hear about the incidents =( Sometimes having an open discussion helps, and other times you just meet up with a wall. 

I am willing to work towards a solution.
If you accept PM me on the forums and we can talk.

• Like 1

Mirrormatch's general form of conversation towards people aggressive. If anything doesn't fly completely straight he turns snippy and rude. I'm not surprised this was the result in the end. I do hope everything works out in regards to the project.

Edited by Tehangel2