Sign in to follow this  
Stargrace

Rag and Bone Market (P22)

maCLLV1.jpg

January Update: The canal is completed and large boats can now travel safely! Merchants have been updated in our post here, and all that's left is for players to come visit and come place merchants of their own. A big thank you to Yetian for all of the dredging and mining he did to help get this up and running. 

November Update: Progress is coming quickly. The market is up and functional, with plenty of space for new merchants. The canal is still being dredged and will more than likely take the rest of this month to complete, depending. There's also a new highway to the west, linking us with deeds along the way. Thanks to a fix implemented a few weeks back there are also some pretty good hunting grounds in this area of the South, we all hope this continues. 

October Update: Over the years, I've seen many markets created and fall into disuse. I decided that the best way to make sure that this wouldn't constantly happen would be to set up my own market (along with my alliance members) that everyone can use and enjoy without fear of it disbanding along the way. I've been playing Wurm Online for 5+ years now, and have no intentions of going anywhere. 

September 2016 Update: The market is still here, still going strong! We currently have 6 well stocked merchants from the local area, with room for many more. If you're looking for a nice local market with easy access by boat or by foot, please consider placing a merchant! 

The Rag and Bone Market is found at P22. It's on the Xanadu Map, and can be accessed by canal or by foot. Anyone can sail through. Market stalls are up, anyone can place a merchant, there are altars, a public mine, and an inn. There are horse stalls so players can purchase 5 speed horses, as well as BSB areas if you're looking for bulk goods. 

If you have any other questions / comments please don't hesitate to ask Vannin, Yetian, or myself for more details. 

Thanks! 

Edited by Stargrace
  • Like 3

A highway has been built, yay! 

The road has been marked in red on the detailed map below (remember this is P22 area), and joins up with another highway that runs North / South. The canal (marked in yellow) is also currently being dredged to allow access to larger ships. Only a small portion of it is completed so far, but we're working diligently away on it. 

Canal has been completed! Please feel free to sail on through. YAY! A huge thank you to Yetian for all of his hard work on getting this project done. So. Much. Dredging. 

GgCvZoN.jpg

Edited by Stargrace
  • Like 1

This is the current active deed plan of the market (everything shown is completed) as you can see there's loads of room to expand as required: 

1. Altars

2. Pens for 5 speed horses for sale

3. Bulk storage bins with items for sale

4. Market stall areas

5. Free inn with beds 

The East side is the side that meets with the canal, West heads to the highway. 

1mk1jQB.jpg

Edited by Stargrace
  • Like 2

I'm dredging at the moment, when 2 small children and an annoying job allow.

The dredging will benefit the whole area not just the market as deep boats will be able to sail through. Vannin at nexus landing will be dredging his canal also now that he has a bridge. That will mean an ability to sail in from the east to the southern lakes.

I have my own merchant up at the moment with some random bits and blacksmith items. I will be adding more items and maybe a 2nd merchant once I'm done dredging. ðŸ˜

I know there are lots of markets on the server but its large enough to support them and we are committed to looking after and growing this one.

Any suggestions, feel free to drop them here.

For reference I'm Naitey in game.

Edited by yetian
  • Like 2

Update: 

If you're curious about what's for sale, we have a market post here that lists everything. For those who are unable to make it to the market in person, there's a nice mailbox on-deed and we can send items out (please remember shipping costs). There's lots of room for merchants, and the dredging is coming along nicely. 

Happy wurming! :) 

• Like 1

Dredging update.

I have a good portion of the northern end done, fanning out into the lake south of nexus landing. Star has raised some land to focus the canal entrance and stop you all getting stuck. 😀

Once the rest of the north end is done I can start on the easier narrower main section of the canal.

The southern section requires mining so that will be the fun bit.

To reiterate, the canal is already passable by knarrs.

Star is in the middle of bridging the canal so there will be boat parking on both sides. Plus she can get home to her other deed on foot.

Plenty of stalls free for you all. 😀

Things are coming along, we are committed to making it a nice place to stop, shop and journey on from.

Edited by yetian

North end of the canal up to market bridge is now dredged full width. The south end is rock so I am mining the centre row to the max depth I can mine. 

The South side is to be changed to exit straight as well which is underway. 

Stalls free for merchants. ?

• Like 1

The good news is the mining through the rock section has meant larger boats (I tried a corb) will be able to pass when the rest of the South end (dirt)  is dredged. ?

A new straight south end will be completed soon. Then the canal will be open and much improved, providing new access to the lakes. 

Edited by yetian

The canal is now passable by larger boats, a bit of tidying to do and some dredging  in the corners. 

Slight turn at the south end to avoid lots of clay but it's much improved. ?

Enjoy and stop by the market as you pass. Maybe leave your own merchant behind. ?

Thanks for all your work on this Yetian (and all the others involved!).  I'm up in the northwest right now but any canal improvements in our area is a great help!!!  One of these days I may just grind out some goodies to make it worth placing a merchant down there :)

I'll look forward to it. 

We want the market to be a success and are doing our best to make it that. 

Opening the canal to larger boats also benefits everyone who wishes to pass that way. ?

Merchant posts are being updated here ! Please feel free to browse, contact a player if you'd like something mailed, or stop on by and place your own merchant. 

Added a few bits to my merchants. Planning to get a list of things I can make up soon. 

Lots of room for merchants if anyone fancies heading down. 

We even have Mobs to kill West of the market now. ?

Still lots of room and I am making sales so people must be passing through. ?

In the midst of boat cave making, once I get the first cave done I will stock more items. 

Need to get some tailored items on my merchant too. 

New market stalls are making their way up, new merchandise also being added :)

Just a reminder that the market is still here and going strong! There are currently 6 stocked merchants, with room for many more. You can find a more detailed description of inventory on our market post here which I'll be updating monthly. 

The canal is fully functional and open for use. The area has lots of room if new neighbours are looking for a home. We're excited to offer a steady, reliable market in the South East, and please remember even if we're a bit quiet on the forums, it doesn't mean you can't still contact myself, Naitey, or Vannin in game if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. :)

Happy shopping!