Sign in to follow this  
cmiddlebrook

Stat Food & Recipes

Hot food cooking is pretty useless except as a means to grind Soul Depth. With all the farming ingredients we have I'd love to see more done with it. In particular - stat food. Recipes that give you small buffs for a time. Such as a meat dish giving you a boost to body strength, or something with a run speed boost, or better healing and so on. 

Nothing overpowered. Ideally the strength of the boost would depend on the QL of the food. 

Give me a reason to milk those cows and make a cheese sandwich! ;-)

• Like 3

I always wanted a food overhaul that brought buffs and negatives myself.  so you might get a temporary buff from something but also a negative factor for it's use.  Ql of ingredients and skill would impact ql of final food, which would impact the buff/time.  Possibly some rare ingredients to lessen the negative sides.

I dug out my old spreadsheet I was using before for it, looks like it had a lot of new cooking utensils, intermediate recipes and final recipes.

An example of intermediate:

Pie Shell

Apple Pie Filling

Blueberry Pie Filling

Cherry Pie Filling

Lemon Pie Filling

Pumpkin Pie Filling

Strawberry Pie Filling

and Apple Pie Filling would use:

• Baking
  • Mixing Bowl

• Wooden Serving Spoon

• Pie Shell

• Apple

• Butter

• Flour

• Sugar

The plan was in some cases to allow 'any herbs' to be used to make the food item in some cases as well, not always specific things.  Really to give players a reason to use each food and even temporary skillboost or exp gain in some things possibly.

• Like 5

Yeah there is SO much that could be done with food. Drinks too. I would also like a reason to grind up beverages

I'd also love to see a reason to have eggs and cheese on top of hfc

+1!

Water should be the poor man's drink, and should lower nutrition. The only way to keep nutrition up should be to produce beverages, like beer and wine.