Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Large Barrel - Auto fill on water source tile

I would like it if the large barrel would work like fountains do and auto fill on water source tiles.  When you build your workstation/house over a water tile it would be nice to be able to use a large barrel instead of the fountain because they are better inside decoration then the fountains are. 

Also maybe the huge tubes can be part of this too. 

Edit: This would also allow new players to get a water source up and going quicker or at least a new options over needing rope or not being able to carry the rock needed to make the fountain. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Do you care to share your reasoning as to why you disagree? 

Edited by Kegan

Barrels/tubs aren't connected to the ground, so there is no reason water would naturally flow into it.

Don't forget to ask for reasoning for the +1 post too.

I like the wells and fountains as is, obtaining one is one of those small bumps of difficulty to pay for the convenience of having usable water so close. Although I wouldn't object to a water barrel of some sort that is magically refilled "by the guards" or something if there is a well or fountain nearby. It would give the southern Xanadu guards something to do anyway.

Don't forget to ask for reasoning for the +1 post too.

The +1 is agreeing with the idea so the person's argument has already been made with no need for them to explain it. A -1 contributes nothing to to the discussion, explaining the reasoning behind the disagreement allows the participants to adjust the idea into something everyone is happy with.

Cisterns, rain barrels, some kind of pump, a more discrete well or fountain for interiors, all those are always things I wanted.... those fountains are well to big, tall for inside...

"open" containers on exposed surfaces should be fillable when it rains.

Not that I'm entirely against barrels filling up when on water tiles... granted its easer work than building a well or fountain.

Maybe a hand pump?

• Like 1

I like large barrel as a container for things near my crafting areas.  Rares to sac, unfinished items to store, etc...  making them act like fountains doesn't really make sense

Well....it just doesn't make much sense in my opinion for a barrel to be able to automatically get water like this.

I mean it's logical that fountains and wells work this way because that's how they actually work.  But a barrel?