Sign in to follow this  
Docterchese

News #83: The Week After

News%20Header%20%28old%29.jpg?dl=1

Hey all!

It's the week after! Wurm Unlimited happened and we're really happy with the feedback we've had. You, the players, have played, built and enjoyed the latest chapter in Wurm as a game.

For those of you new around here, this is the Weekly News. Every week, we talk about what the devs have been working on, round up patch notes and talk about some community things too. Since both Unlimited and Online are very similar and will share the same updates, we're going to cover both ga,es in the weekly news from now on.

There's not much to talk about this week as dev effort went towards bugfixing (which isn't entertaining or pretty.) A little birdy told me that birdcages went live in WO though (see what I did there?!*)

*I don't always try to be funny. I should avoid it really..

The Week in Patch Notes

Some things were added to WO including birdcages along with some fixes, while WU received a number of fixes (not all are listed here.)

Wurm Online

29/1015

• Fixed a minor issue with using tomes (for the first time), where it would check if you’re outside a mine, instead of inside.
  • Kings now have two titles: their normal king title followed by their normal title. This normal title can be changed.
  • Fix so kiln can be made indoors as not restricted them being used only outside.
  • Added display of signature for ‘fire’ items, and added creator for kiln.
  • Added sig for crates (as they were already on bsbs).
  • Increased depth that tiles can be paved.
  • Fixes for pvp (epic) permissions.
  • Fix for some minedoors not being able to be remotely managed.
  • Added birdcage.
  • (PvE) Auto-add some permissions when an animal is branded.
  • Added 1st tile of perimeter to Deed Planner map export.
  • Fixed bug in Deed Planner related to deeds being shifted one tile horizontally while exporting.

Wurm Unlimited

23/1015:

Game Client

• Settings should now be saved correctly.
  • The "Cancel Refresh" button will now be enabled on start.
  • The Quit keybind will now unbind itself if bound to the F12 key.
  • The Quit keybind will no longer default to the F12 key, uses F11 instead.
  • Screenshot binding now defaults to F12.
Server

• Missions should no longer be generated with the objective of slaying 0 creatures.
  • Logs will now be created in the current server folder, for instance in Creative/Logs.
  • Removed some logging that is no longer used.
  • You can now change which steam query port to use, enabling multiple server instances on the same machine.
  • NPCs should no longer stay in local chat when they die or are too far away.
  • You should no longer start with the hatchet and carving knife equipped.
  • Kilns should now be movable.
  • Amphorae are now turn-able.

Screenshot of the Week

This week's cave dwelling was built by Caellon and pictured by Cayce. It's dark and evil, especially with the HotS flag!

04irbovf.jpg?dl=1

That concludes this week's news. Welcome to our weekly posts for anyone who's new!

• Like 6

The fireplace in that screen looks like a mummy lurking around the corner

ADDITIONALLY

Are the creepy walking trees making a return this year, the ones that replaced the deer model so you could only just catch them out of the corner of your eye?

Edited by Tipper
  • Like 3

Is it possible to get these posted on the steam page community hub also?

• Like 1

Yet you still can't properly sort by players in the WU client, and servers that have a capacity of over 250+ players still show only 250... 

Fixing these two should take about 10 minutes 

Edited by atazs

Is it possible to get these posted on the steam page community hub also?

Posted already. :) 

Yet you still can't properly sort by players in the WU client, and servers that have a capacity of over 250+ players still show only 250... 

Fixing these two should take about 10 minutes

Bug fixed in Steam beta branch.

• Like 3

Why post a news update without news? Behind the scenes info? Telling us what is already on the client isn't news. clickbaited the crap out of me.

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 1

WHEN ARE WE GETTING THE STATS FIX??? I dont need amphoras and kilns... I want to be able to enjoy the game that I bought...

I play Wurm online, not Wurm unlimited. Last I checked these were Wurm online forums. Why am I hearing about a different game in the Wurm online weekly update?

• Like 3

I play Wurm online, not Wurm unlimited. Last I checked these were Wurm online forums. Why am I hearing about a different game in the Wurm online weekly update?

Both games share the same forum.

WHEN ARE WE GETTING THE STATS FIX??? I dont need amphoras and kilns... I want to be able to enjoy the game that I bought...

Chill. Really, chill. Multiple devs are working on multiple projects and the fixes come at different times.  This week just happens to include kilns.

• Like 1

wait, is it possible to sleep in a bed in a cave now?

Only if you are a Man Bear Pig.

I think it would be cool to be able to live in a cave, personally. But alas it's still not an option yet in WO. Can't wait to make me a birdcage. So glad to see these recent additions to the game, right on the heels of releasing WU too!

• Like 1

very misleading picture for the news... I was really hoping to live in a mine...

I want to read more news and hints for possbile future things in Wurm, this one is so empty...  :(

Nice basement Caellon and Cayce :)

Thank you, Borgir^^

I agree, this picture for the news can be misleading. Hopefully the devs will take that as a hint to give us options for cave dwelling! ...soonâ„¢ lol

• Like 3

we have birdcages, so all we need is a canary. Then we can take it into our mines and if the canary doesn't die, it is safe to sleep in the mine.

• Like 4

Look at the screen shot's upper right corner and tell me what you see.  :rolleyes:

If you don't want to read about WU then don't read about it. Sheesh.

I want to live in caves too.  ;)

Edited by Clatius

Birds fit in these cages?

Or at least the non-flying bird mobs we have around.

Again, can something be said about hota being bugged? 

King title adjustments must have been 1 of the oldest player suggestions around and goes down without a comment. Guys come on, you can do better than that.  :rolleyes:

Birdcages eh?

Guess they had higher priority than pauldrons and capes.

• Like 3