Sign in to follow this  
Darkmalice

Amber Coast : WUFU Project cluster

Starting this evening we are running our login server which will eventually act as the gateway to our cluster.

Amber Coast

amber.png

Size: 16sq. km, 1024*1024 or the size of the old Golden valley for those that remember.

Playstyle: PvE. It will remain so as a homeserver.

Other: Deeds are disabled apart from the starter town, as are priests (no holy altars). Until our own religion overhaul is complete, there will be no way to advance religion. Artifacts have also been removed.

Skillgain is set to 6x, action speeds to 4x with many skills individually tweaked to be easier/more balanced.

Tree growth is slightly accelerated and crops should be completing their full cycle in 48hrs.

Skill restrictions for riding mounts/sailing ships have been removed.

The logout timer for beds has been reduced to 6s.

The server is running 12, 000 animals with a lowered aggro count (subject to change).

Teamspeak: 5.189.156.203

We will be making adjustments as time progresses to bring about the most enjoyable experience, however we will not be wiping characters or progression.

The WUFU Project

An extensive modification of the base game, WUFU's primary goals include an overhaul of religion, sorcery, meditation paths; rebalancing combat; altering travel speeds for sailing; model and texture improvements; and a review of how PvP mechanics come into play. There is also a long, long list of other modifications we hope to introduce.
The main map for the cluster will be Tormaer, a 4096-sized PvP server, featuring PMK's and everything else you might expect.

More details of these will be forthcoming with our new website.

Edited by Darkmalice

Now added: 

- beds become respawn points, similar to tents.

- skill loss on death removed.

Some changes planned later this week*:

- items once more will drop on death to your corpse.

- unburied corpses will spawn a zombie at the point of decaying

- weaponsmithing set to the same skillgain rate as regular smithing

- modified client available that includes server-minimap

- minimum boats speeds, increased maximum slope for horse riding

- inventory item limit removed

*subject to potential delays

Edited by Darkmalice

Do not appear to, at least not all the time. I haven't played in years so I have no idea if this is normal.

Items do drop on death,  Only exceptions that I know of are Mag's ability for chance to not lose them, And a res Stone.

Also, Darkmalice....

[20:28:05] Darkmalice has logged in on Deliverance.

[20:28:49] Darkmalice waves at you.

[20:30:12] Darkmalice pokes you in the ribs.     

:P  Nice to  see you around

;P

though, testing it on a PvE Home server, I am not dropping anything on death. Newbie buff?

Could be, Noobs do get a buff, and I believe that was also "buffed" two-ish(?) years ago, though i'm not exactly sure with what.

By default, on death in WO (and as far as I know on WU) You drop your items. Without the others above in effect.

Starter items never drop that I'm aware of (on PvE servers, anyway).

Zombies and skillgain changes now in-effect. Weaponsmithing is now on the same rate as every other smithing skill, various other skills rebalanced.
Coming this week; minimum boat speeds, extra-long harvest periods, restored giant-sized champion creatures* and bedrolls for sleeping underground.

*hopefully

Today's update:

All boats have had their speeds redone. Better minimum speeds for less boring sailing times. At testing, a 99ql caravel can go 9km/h against the gale.

Ship quality doubles your base speed at 100 ql. Rarity adds a small bonus on top of this.

All spawn tables and caps re-balanced; gorillas, boars and hyenas join the standard spawn table. No more desert crocs.

All land creatures now can have dens; so champion lava fiends, hens, roosters, cows and tortoises are a thing.

All champion size modifiers increased; greenish and raging tweaked; age sizes tweaked; other status size modifiers removed.

New bedroll item: can be placed outside or underground for sleeping or as a respawn point. Can be lifted by anyone. *

*model is a little buggy still, will add link when it's fully working

Latest update:

Healing covers now heal on success like cotton does in WO.

Healing covers do not destroy on fail.

More items have potency values (flowers, herb, etc).

Cotton currently does not heal, only stems further damage (to be tweaked again on next update).

Animal parts doubled in weight (glands, teeth, etc).

Creation timer for making healing covers reduced to 5s.

Timer for applying healing items reduced to approx. 3s (should be instant, more testing needed).

Healing cover decay rate when not in inventory set to that of other items (such as compass).

This Monday should see the code updated to the latest WU update (apparently WU will be subjected to continous updates like WO, oh joy).

Will reintroduce healing for cotton (albeit vastly reduced), add more advanced alchemy items, add more items from butchering animals, skill difficulty further re-balanced.