Sign in to follow this  
Tallion

Custom Map request. Will pay with steam games. Check inside.

Was hoping there might be someone out there who knows it well enough to consider this a small task.

I made a paint version of a map i would really love to have created. If someone knows how to do it, id be villing to give them a copy of their choice between these (Xcom+2 DLC,Sid Meiers Civ 5, Landmark, The Line, Life is Feudal) games. 

Im not asking for a hand drawn biome system, just the landmasses. All i care about the biomes are that they are all present. Same with all resources, all ores, animals, tree types should be available. 

Some of the custom maps ive seen have had 2 clay spots, a swamp here and there, etc. Making it quite ♥♥♥♥♥♥ for a server map with many settlements, cant really get to far without clay or the like.

Link to the fab paint map i just used 7 hours designing (*cough* 2 and a half min) at the bottoom and that should be used as a template. The mountains and bodies of water inland (swamp,sand, etc) are all just there for show. I want a few rivers running in and some water inland aswell, but they dont have to be in the same positions. 
I dont wanna miss out on anything the default maps have to offer, or gimp the game by not having copper f.ex.

Small cap here:

-2 main landmasses. Big enough to support many large settlements.
-some islands.
-All ore and resources available.
-All biomes. (all standard biomes)
-All treetypes, spread. Not just in one spot.
-Somewhat wide river between landmasses, with a large body in middle.
-God altars? If possible.

I really hope someone can do this! 

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/647750614516597110/98326812F73CC7402D0D1159B1EFC935A7A73F52/

Should the creator go out of his way to make great landmarks or other similar things, he can choose two or more of the games mentioned.
Edited by Tallion

Anyone interested (and able) need to contact me btw, i need to update this thread to avoid multiple people working on it. (heh, hopefully not to optimistic here, im hoping someone will take the "job")

not sure if i can take this seriously cause of the male part drawing on your map

but on a side note it does kinda look like the map i was working on last night

2aKlf5j.png

• Like 1

See my kraz muze isles thread, while I am not posting any maps yet I did post how people can do my canal generation technique. 

shows how to do it graphically 

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/132091-kraz-muze-isles/?p=1356930

shows canal carving options

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/132091-kraz-muze-isles/?p=1356951

Pretty simple involves taking one map with a coastal shoreline, using any image processing tool to take the absolute value of that to convert the shoreline into a canal then painting in an ocean ring,  then using that to scale a mountain map.  Play with the sea level and scaling to get the canal to be anything from a creek or an ocean channel.

Traditional water erosion algorithms will not work for this, because of the engine restriction that rivers do not actually exist in wurm because they have to be at sea level - that is why you have to cheat and make things that look like rivers that are actually canals.  

Or do it the true Wurmian way and dig and surface mine the boat canal yourself....at least in WU GM powers make that process faster...

Edited by yarnevk

i can use isolines in world creator also :P

1xIUMkW.png

• Like 1

Ugh! That looks great! If i could just get my hand on a map like that! (with all resources and such, everything a map needs to enable the full experience)

not sure if i can take this seriously cause of the male part drawing on your map

but on a side note it does kinda look like the map i was working on last night

2aKlf5j.png

i want this map, just make sure theres mountains and the wat nots   i love how this looks, could add some island to the middle of it, but seems really fun to have to play

• Like 2