Sign in to follow this  
JadeKC

Resize Deed

Has anyone found that you can initially make a deed of any size (assuming no hostile mobs or dens) without worrying what the cost would normally be but that you if you later try to increase the size of a deed or add guards or whatever it won't let you because you don't have the payment?  I know you can spawn a GM and add silver or whatever.  Can you disband and do a new settlement or will you not end up with a settlement deed after disbanding?  I'm curious about your experience.

Hadn't noticed,but you can make a new deed if you make a new deed stake from wood.

If you play on own server you might wanna tick that it is free to deed and maybe something more.

I think that is in server settings.

Edited by Cecci

Thanks for the feedback.  I have ticked the free to deed box and made sure the box for settlement upkeep is not checked, which is how the initial deed is free no matter how large.  But even with that setting it wouldn't like me increase the size or add guards free.  If I remember correctly, it said upkeep would last forever with the silver in my account but that amount wasn't sufficient to resize or hire guards.  A weird bug unless I did something wrong.

you must have something checked or not checked, because I can resize all I want.

• Like 1

No problem resizing on my server. One thing to point out with the guards. If I request the max (50) I suffer from random disconnects when in the vicinity of my deed. Keeping it to 25 and I do not have an issue.