Sign in to follow this  
EphemeralBeing

Exact effect of "Breeding Time Modifier?"

We've been messing with server setting trying to determine what we need to do in order to make playing Wurm Unlimited an enjoyable experience. Most of what we've found makes sense. But, we can't figure out what the Breeding Time modifier does. We know that it does NOT:

*Change the time the action of mating animals takes

*Change the time it takes for an animal to give birth

*Change the rate at which animals age

So. What does it do? Does anyone know? We're trying to get the rate animals give birth below 8 Wurm weeks.

Edited by EphemeralBeing

Well based on another post that said you cannot adjust animal aging and breeding itself is already pretty fast, my guess adjusting it would increase/decrease actual base pregnancy time the default is 5 if I recall correctly?

Also what I was seeing in WO add on another 1-6 days on top of that number could be based on age, traits who knows what to get the actual pregnancy time?

Not sure if this helps but there you go.

Edited by Jovena

I'm pretty sure that the breeding time modifier is used when checking to see if a creature is in the mood. More specifically, upon failure of breeding, the total time until the creature is in the mood again will be divided by the breeding time modifier, thus decreasing the time until the creature will be in the mood again.

I haven't been able to determine if it is used anywhere else, but I highly doubt it.

Edited by Glycian