Sign in to follow this  
Moha

Request: Guide for setting up multiple servers from same computer or LAN with server link

Hello everyone. I am trying to figure out how to run multiple servers from two different computers and link them together so we can travel between them. I do not want this new server to show up in the server list. I do not want players to be able to login to this server. But I want users to be able to sail to, and logout in this expansion server and when the login to the main server they appear on the server they logged out in. Is this possible? Thanks!

If you have the 2nd server set to not be a login server they wont be able to log into it. They have to log into the 1st (loging) server.

I have not found a way for the 2nd and subsequent servers not to appear in the LAN list.

When I tried this I got an error saying that the port 7221 was already in use. I think I changed the port after trying to start it and I wonder if some of these get burned into the database and do not get updated if you change them. My other question is does wurm use multiple databases for each server? How are characters transferred between servers? My concern being character x sails to expansion server, gets written to that server'S database, gains tons of skill, that server goes down. They log back in, database 1 on original server rolls them back to before they moved to the other server. This makes multiple servers really dangerous if it works this way.

If you have the 2nd server set to not be a login server they wont be able to log into it. They have to log into the 1st (loging) server.

I have not found a way for the 2nd and subsequent servers not to appear in the LAN list.

I created this thread http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/133656-server-neighbor-showing-in-steam-list/ regarding this issue, servers flagged not login should not list themselves in the steam list as they can't be logged into anyway

When I tried this I got an error saying that the port 7221 was already in use. I think I changed the port after trying to start it and I wonder if some of these get burned into the database and do not get updated if you change them. My other question is does wurm use multiple databases for each server? How are characters transferred between servers? My concern being character x sails to expansion server, gets written to that server'S database, gains tons of skill, that server goes down. They log back in, database 1 on original server rolls them back to before they moved to the other server. This makes multiple servers really dangerous if it works this way.

I have found that when any changes are made in the GUI save and then close the program and re-open it. Seems that saving changes and starting up the server, does not push them to the database when the server shuts down.

Your character skill gain concern is the theoretical, or have you had this happen with a server clusters???

Sorry saw your last sentence, sounds theoretical, i may have to do some testing ovdr the weekend....

Edited by bigsteve