Sign in to follow this  
damine

gm mode question

in gm mode is there a way to turn of foliage and trees  to work development mode to work on terrain 

There is no way to remove trees.  It was a requested feature for GM's a long time ago but does not exist.  I am guessing that would be more of a client mod vs a server mod as well.  And once in the client, can probably be exploited for use in the online version of the game.  A mod from other players would need to be developed most likely.

I have very simple program to remove all trees and bushes from any map. So far it is not window version, but is very useful. In no time even young programmer can write additional code to secure trees coords of entire forest in temporary file, in order to restore it after landscape ediion.

so you mean you are actually removing them from the server itself and changing them back after?  So that would remove them for everyone on the server.  Now that you mention it, the trees are actually a tile type, not an object on the tile.  Probably makes it more difficult to just 'turn off' etc.

no not deleting just hiding them like no draw_trees example

i know using directX in unity it is a simple command line when debugging

second example  no_world_render true

but instead of hiding entire world just trees .

Edited by damine

@MamaDarkness

Yyy... yes. I have made modification of 4096x4096 Dark Island map. There are no inner lakes and bays around continent. Every water tile in rectangle (501,4096-501)x(501,4096-501) is now land 1 dirt over water level. I also have removed everything from land tiles and changed tiles with height -1, 0, 1 to 50% Marsh (23) and rest to Olives (108) and Reed (33) - my swamp. Every tile except rock and special tiles is now very old Olive (108,193). Special tiles are Sand (1), Clay (6), Peat (18), Moss (20), Tar (24) spots. They are 2x2 and rare (20 in map). Even more rare are trees and bushes - 5 of any type per map. Now I am working on sculpturing terrain, so I wrote about removing and restoring of map "coloring".

Of course it is my favourite Wurm map, Indie size Darklands, with valuable plants extremely rare as mythical shiny Pokemons (Catch them all!) and tons of spiders and trolls everywhere beneath trees (90% aggressive creatures). High percent of aggressive creatures causes that horses etc. are also rare and I will rejoice wholeheartedly with every horse I manage to find as Gollum finding small spoiled fish on a forest road  :rolleyes: ..... Ah, my stats I set at 10 and skills at 1, field vegetation 24, breeding 1, action speed 1. In mid-march I plan to be near central mountains of the continent with all hatchets quality 1.0  :blink: LOL

@damine

The game has no option "Hide <anything>". To do that you have to rewrite renderer, ie. entire game concept. For example, Tree it is not a tree object on a Grass tile, but Tree tile completely different from grassy one. Above I said about possibility of map editing and future wurm maps editor working similar to Photoshop, with markers, global and area filters, special effects, and brushes. Interractive toolbox for visualization and detailed map edition. Working on game files offline not ingame objects, but who knows..... I personally think that editing map in game as a GM is also possible, so believe in the future and our moders.  :)

Edited by Darkregis