Sign in to follow this  
Eitr

Map Generator 2.9 [supports Wurm 1.4]

15 hours ago, Arkonick said:

I would like a button added to the 2.8 version if you get time. It is a cancel button that cancel's the last thing you told it to do. There is a undo last action button but it is missing a cancel action button so if you notice you jumped the gun and messed up a input you don't have to wait for it to go threw this 1 hr or so process then have to hit undo. It makes more since to be able to cancel it fix the input then click add biome. This is to help large map makers cause the larger the map some times it take a bit for generation to finish. 

This way it would just dump it's action and reset.

The reason there's an undo instead of cancel is because it's trying to preserve the random number generator so it always comes out the same. But from what I've seen it's never exactly alike. The fastest way to reload biomes is to first export the biomes once you're happy with them, then next time you can import that image file. If you still like to do the actions, you can actually edit the actions text file and manually remove actions you don't want in there to speed it up (just remove the line of text). 

12 hours ago, Lichbane said:

What the tool REALLY needs is a way to import .map files.  I'd love to be able to take my currently operating map, make a few tweaks to biomes and then reimport it back into hte game.  I'm not sure if that's possible, but it would be a real asset.

Yeah, the map api is generating the .map files, not the map generator. I'll look into it.

On 08/02/2016 at 2:33 AM, Eitr said:

Redownload, I've added Mycelium (71,2,51) to the import list now.

Slight problem.  After the import, grass becomes kelp and kelp becomes dirt.  You may need to check that out.  There may be some other effects as well,  but those are the most obvious. 

4 hours ago, Eitr said:

Yeah, the map api is generating the .map files, not the map generator. I'll look into it.

That would be very cool.  It means you could effectively take in an existing map,  make changes to the biome layout and then put it back into the game.  

Keenan has a map viewer that gets the data directly from the  .map files.  Perhaps that he could help? 

19 hours ago, Lichbane said:

Slight problem.  After the import, grass becomes kelp and kelp becomes dirt.  You may need to check that out.  There may be some other effects as well,  but those are the most obvious. 

Looks like kelp and grass had the same rgb. Kelp should be (54,101,2) and grass (54,101,3) now.

Works perfectly. Now all I have to do is figure out where all these files go so I can use the map on my private server and see the map on my client when I press M.

biomes.png

cave.png

flags.map

heightmap.png

map.png

map_cave.map

resources.map

rock_layer.map

top_layer.map

topography.png

So what goes where and how do I get the map to show in the client as well?

Edited by Tryst

On 2/20/2016 at 0:01 AM, Tryst said:

Works perfectly. Now all I have to do is figure out where all these files go so I can use the map on my private server and see the map on my client when I press M.

biomes.png

cave.png

flags.map

heightmap.png

map.png

map_cave.map

resources.map

rock_layer.map

top_layer.map

topography.png

So what goes where and how do I get the map to show in the client as well?

The .map files are all that you need. The image files are just for the generator program.

Take a default Creative folder, copy it to something else and name it whatever you want your server to be called.
Drop your .map files in there. You should have 5 if you used the WurmAPI to generate. Otherwise delete any other files you don't have replacements for.
Go into the sqlite folder and run rebuild-dbs.bat
Launch the server UI and pick the new folder from the drop-down, configure, and launch.

OK thanks Eitr I have copied the files and done the rebuild but have to go to work now so I'll give it a shot later and see if the map works.

So, it's been a while, I went to run the latest version of this after a fresh download, using Java 1.8.0_73, and get this error:

Spoiler

E:\mapgen>java -Xmx46G -Xss3G -d64 -server -jar -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:+AggressiveOpts WGenerator.jar
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
        at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow.init(MainWindow.java:1352)
        at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow.<init>(MainWindow.java:1328)
        at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow$1.run(MainWindow.java:196)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Sigh

Thank you for this wonderful tool, but I have a question. I created a new map with an imported heightmap and every biome I create becomes just birch trees, no matter which type I select. Other biomes like sand don't appear at all when I try the map out. Is this a bug, or a platform problem (I use linux)?

On 3/5/2016 at 6:43 AM, GrimmLiberty said:

So, it's been a while, I went to run the latest version of this after a fresh download, using Java 1.8.0_73, and get this error:

Reveal hidden contents

E:\mapgen>java -Xmx46G -Xss3G -d64 -server -jar -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:+AggressiveOpts WGenerator.jar
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
        at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow.init(MainWindow.java:1352)
        at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow.<init>(MainWindow.java:1328)
        at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow$1.run(MainWindow.java:196)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Sigh

Looks like a problem with your "config/biome_values.txt" file. Have you made changes to it? If you're trying a fresh download, you might delete the /map and /config folders before running it to see if that fixes it.

On 3/6/2016 at 6:13 AM, coldice4 said:

Thank you for this wonderful tool, but I have a question. I created a new map with an imported heightmap and every biome I create becomes just birch trees, no matter which type I select. Other biomes like sand don't appear at all when I try the map out. Is this a bug, or a platform problem (I use linux)?

So the biomes appear in the generator (with all the different colors), just not when you go to run the game with the new .map files?

10 hours ago, Eitr said:

Looks like a problem with your "config/biome_values.txt" file. Have you made changes to it? If you're trying a fresh download, you might delete the /map and /config folders before running it to see if that fixes it.

So the biomes appear in the generator (with all the different colors), just not when you go to run the game with the new .map files?

Woohoo!

Thank you!

That indeed fixed it! 

• Like 1

On 07/01/2016 at 11:53 AM, Drathania said:

Is there a trick to using the biome's 'undo' button, 90% of the time it won't undo an action, so I get stuck with it and have to start all over again, which is frustrating, I've been trying to 'dress' a map for days with no success.

Still having this issue. Often it won't roll-back the last step.

• Like 1

i have added grass, with the random flower spread on, and ive gotten alot of "Unknown grass" tiles that you arent able to harvest, it gives the msg, something is wrong with the world etc when u try to pick flowers.

• Like 1

Whenever I try to import my new biome png map I get this visual error. What is causing this ?

ITyvGCq.jpg

Here is the biome map I was trying to Import: http://imgur.com/4ZqyVSG

Edited by Seigar

On 4/9/2016 at 9:11 PM, Seigar said:

Whenever I try to import my new biome png map I get this visual error. What is causing this ?

ITyvGCq.jpg

Here is the biome map I was trying to Import: http://imgur.com/4ZqyVSG

you must flatten the image when your done before you save it, i have loaded it up in ps and did that and resaved it and it works fine

8 hours ago, Aum said:

you must flatten the image when your done before you save it, i have loaded it up in ps and did that and resaved it and it works fine

Thanks! That actually worked. Finally I can resume work on my map.

On 03/04/2016 at 6:38 PM, Aum said:

i have added grass, with the random flower spread on, and ive gotten alot of "Unknown grass" tiles that you arent able to harvest, it gives the msg, something is wrong with the world etc when u try to pick flowers.

Flowerspawner.jar (see below) seems to have resolved that issue for me, at least, I can't find any broken flowers on our map yet, our meadows are squeaky clean. Used it on our already fairly-established map with so far, no ill side effects.

alright I guess I'm just not finding the install/launch process... probably obvious, and starring me in the face. Where do I put the WGenerator.jar and how do I launch it. Thank you for any info you can provide.

11 hours ago, Meteor_Freak said:

alright I guess I'm just not finding the install/launch process... probably obvious, and starring me in the face. Where do I put the WGenerator.jar and how do I launch it. Thank you for any info you can provide.

WGenerator.jar is a JAR file, it's commonly opened with Java. It can be put anywhere you want. If you have Java installed, it should be a case of just double-clicking it to open it.

If for some reasons your file associations for Java applications is screwy on your PC, then you can right click > open with > and find Java (or javaw.exe (commonly located in C:\Program Files\Java\JavaVersionNumberHere\bin or C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\JavaVersionNumberHere\bin depending on whether you have 32bit or 64bit Java installed).

Edited by Drathania
  • Like 1

Thanks, I knew it would be something simple that I was missing. Have winRAR opening my jar folders.

is there a way to get this program to use more then 2.66/2.9 gigs of ram I can't get it to do anything but errors for maps of 8k and higher

On 4/30/2016 at 6:39 AM, Forgedrake said:

is there a way to get this program to use more then 2.66/2.9 gigs of ram I can't get it to do anything but errors for maps of 8k and higher

On 10/30/2015 at 6:04 PM, Eitr said:

Out-Of-Memory Error

Hide contents

Try running the program from the console and giving Java more memory. Java version 8 64-bit is required.

cd directory/to/program

java -Xmx4096m -jar WGenerator.jar 

Guessing you missed this.

You can change the "4096" in -Xmx4096m to however much memory you want it to use at start.

I did it with creating a .bat file (write the second line of code in notepad then save it as a .bat instead of .txt) in the same directory as Wgenerator that I created a shortcut to. If you use this method, you can drop the first line of the code there "cd /directory/etc..."

That automatically opens the generator using my specified memory allocation.

or you can simpley open your java opn your pc and tell it to use x amount of ram for running any java program

no I did that it still won't go over 2.66 - 2.99 it locks at that even though I've told it to use 4 8 and 16 gigs it locks at that number 2. I even deleted then reinstalled java just to make sure - my computer says it can use 8gigs atm but moment the in game clock hits 2.99 it locks and error messages me even though it has 5 more gigs to work with my systems showing it only at 22-26% resources even though it still thinks it only has 2.66gigs - its something with the viewer it locks up only then not the far more intensive sculpting that can drive it up to 70% and it doesn't lock up then

Edited by Forgedrake