Gold - 0.0662
Silver - 0.1056
Zinc - 0.1089
Copper - 0.1068
Lead - 0.1070
Tin - 0.1071
Marble - 0.0267
Slate - 0.0205

*Note that this is from all veins on the map, even the clusters, so using these values exactly would yield the same number of veins, but spread out evenly.

For importing biomes, your grass and kelp rgb values are the same. Importing creates kelp. Lots and lots of kelp. Which is kinda cool if you want a 'lost in the cornfield' server, not so much otherwise.

they do not need to be different, grass grows above water, kelp below water.  Sounds like a bug with waterline not set before import?

Edited by yarnevk

On 11/25/2015, 8:33:45, Darkmalice said:

For importing biomes, your grass and kelp rgb values are the same. Importing creates kelp. Lots and lots of kelp. Which is kinda cool if you want a 'lost in the cornfield' server, not so much otherwise.

Thought I had fixed that but I guess it was reed that was also the same. Kelp is now (54,101,2)

1 hour ago, yarnevk said:

they do not need to be different, grass grows above water, kelp below water.  Sounds like a bug with waterline not set before import?

Kelp can exist above the water line I believe. The biome import doesn't actually use the water line to determine biomes, just the rgb values.

2 minutes ago, Eitr said:

Kelp can exist above the water line I believe. The biome import doesn't actually use the water line to determine biomes, just the rgb values.

I can confirm this. I used wrong settings before and found a beach covered in it. Looks very ugly so now I don't use the around water setting for that anymore, just hard values.

Then can you fix it so is a different color, some of us want to use other generators to specify biomes and not fiddle around with another generator to make it 'work', and the biomes png should be functional as a save/reload file as well without intervention to get proper results.

I have never seen kelp above water in Wurm online, it will not expand to dry land (not sure if that is a NW corner or all corner check)

Edited by yarnevk

On 11/28/2015, 12:49:25, BadLuckBurt said:

I can confirm this. I used wrong settings before and found a beach covered in it. Looks very ugly so now I don't use the around water setting for that anymore, just hard values.

The around water makes it easy, just put the max to 0 and it will all be under water. That's what it's made for :P

Also per the previous post, I fixed the kelp color to be different than grass.

I have a lot of error. i try to add biomes to a new 8192 Map

Exception in thread "Thread-46" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    at com.wurmonline.wurmapi.api.MapData.createMapDump(MapData.java:465)
    at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow.updateMapView(MainWindow.java:2450)
    at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow.actionSeedBiome(MainWindow.java:1940)
    at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow$38$1.run(MainWindow.java:1535)

i use a i7 4790k with 16 GB Ram.

What is wrong?

Edited by Hanver

2 hours ago, Hanver said:

I have a lot of error. i try to add biomes to a new 8192 Map

Exception in thread "Thread-46" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    at com.wurmonline.wurmapi.api.MapData.createMapDump(MapData.java:465)
    at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow.updateMapView(MainWindow.java:2450)
    at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow.actionSeedBiome(MainWindow.java:1940)
    at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow$38$1.run(MainWindow.java:1535)

i use a i7 4790k with 16 GB Ram.

What is wrong?

Check the OutOfMemoryError solution in the first post of this thread. You need to assign more memory with the -Xmx parameter.

2 hours ago, BadLuckBurt said:

Check the OutOfMemoryError solution in the first post of this thread. You need to assign more memory with the -Xmx parameter.

Sorry i have no idea to do that... iam not a java programmer..

"C:\Program Files\Path\To\Java\java.exe" -Xmx4096m -jar WGenerator.jar 
56 minutes ago, Hanver said:

Sorry i have no idea to do that... iam not a java programmer..

In the folder where you have the WGenerator.jar, create a file called mapGenerator.cmd and open it with Notepad.

Then paste this into and save it:

java -Xmx4096m -jar WGenerator.jar 

If you want, you can change 4096 to 8192 since you have enough memory available.

If it gives you an error about not being able to find Java, find out where it's installed and change the file to look like this:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BadLuckBurt said:

In the folder where you have the WGenerator.jar, create a file called mapGenerator.cmd and open it with Notepad.

Then paste this into and save it:

java -Xmx4096m -jar WGenerator.jar 

If you want, you can change 4096 to 8192 since you have enough memory available.

If it gives you an error about not being able to find Java, find out where it's installed and change the file to look like this:

THX it works perfect. i have use it with 8192

• Like 1

would it be possible to add some setting that you can paint specific areas to remain rock, instead of it being only controlled by altitude and cliff ratio?

18 hours ago, Miretta said:

would it be possible to add some setting that you can paint specific areas to remain rock, instead of it being only controlled by altitude and cliff ratio?

When you save the map images it save one called biomes.png, you can easily open that in photoshop or gimp (gimp is free and wonderful) and manually paint rock areas wherever you want them. The different biome colors are listed in the OP.

Edited by Syphorus
Formatting

6 minutes ago, Haladur_phox said:

How do I set spawn area on the map?

you don't, thats handled by your server settings. this tool is only for helping create the landscape and ressources

1 hour ago, Miretta said:

you don't, thats handled by your server settings. this tool is only for helping create the landscape and ressources

Where in the setting do I set this?

2 hours ago, Haladur_phox said:

Where in the setting do I set this?

It's under Local Server > Advanced Server Settings

There is a section that allows you to enter the X/Y coordinates for spawn settings, just make sure that you also uncheck "Random Spawn points".

It has produced usable maps where other map generators have not, though, only at the lower settings for me. You can find two of the maps on the servers I run that this generator produced, however, when attempting to make larger maps it doesn't seem to want to function well enough to produce anything that I can use, even with excess memory to use.

Report for higher settings than 4096:

Yeah, I've done some testing with 16gb of ram through admin prompt and it will not successfully generate a functioning map for me past the 4096 setting. The only map I managed to get out of 16k was some garbled low quality, un-usable rock that I had to set the settings very strangely to produce. It produces heightmaps, but when it comes to laying the dirt it goes into the negatives (like other posters mentioned) and the times I did get it to complete (the few that did) it either didn't show anything when it updated the map or produced the aforementioned low quality garbled nonsense.

Has anyone else produced a map with higher settings? I suppose you'd need a supercomputer unless the program itself is simply not capable.

Edited by Roushi

I made my 8196 x 8196 map using my computer with 32 GB ram.

Make sure you allow java to use the memory. Default is like 2 GB I think.

Edited by Jukken

The only thing I can't do is lay dirt. I have plenty of ram, I have it set at 14gb and it doesn't even use half of it but when I try to lay dirt the estimated completion time goes into the negatives as others have mentioned.

22 hours ago, Roushi said:

The only thing I can't do is lay dirt. I have plenty of ram, I have it set at 14gb and it doesn't even use half of it but when I try to lay dirt the estimated completion time goes into the negatives as others have mentioned.

I was having that issue when I build anything over 4k. I just waited and the dirt eventually drops (sometimes after as long as 10 minutes) and everything seems fine.

11 hours ago, Syphorus said:

I was having that issue when I build anything over 4k. I just waited and the dirt eventually drops (sometimes after as long as 10 minutes) and everything seems fine.

Hmm I guess maybe I should try waiting, haha!

Edit:

Yeah, waiting worked, what do ya know.

Edited by Roushi

8 hours ago, Roushi said:

Hmm I guess maybe I should try waiting, haha!

Edit:

Yeah, waiting worked, what do ya know.

Yeah, I'm guessing there's a bug in the counter if it goes over a certain number of seconds and it just continues to return negative values.

I wish I was a bit more versed in Java, I would take a look.