Sign in to follow this  
Eitr

Map Generator 2.9 [supports Wurm 1.4]

I used "Save Global Biomes"....now when I choose "load bioms" a select the biomes_values.txt - nothing happens...no biomes loaded...?

I used "Save Global Biomes"....now when I choose "load bioms" a select the biomes_values.txt - nothing happens...no biomes loaded...?

I could be wrong about this but maybe it saves the settings you enter for each tile and applies those? As in, it doesn't generate new biomes but rather sets up the slope settings and such.

Edited by BadLuckBurt

I could be wrong about this but maybe it saves the settings you enter for each tile and applies those? As in, it doesn't generate new biomes but rather sets up the slope settings and such.

Doh, so basically worthless :( Especially when using the paint option.

Got to do all the massive amount of biomes all over again...?

Edited by Jukken

If you didn't save your actions then yes.

And I wouldn't call that feature worthless. It helps maintain different settings without having to resort to directly editing .act files.

I may aswell ask another thing while I'm at it.

If I wish to make a large forest with sparse trees...it always looks totally wierd. I've tried a lot of settings...never anything really good.

As soon as I alter the "Biome density", it looks like crap (image attached). How do I prevent this? Huge forest - sparse trees...without the wierd dotted stuff.

wurm_treegen_wierd.jpg

I think that's rather hard to do with paint-mode atm. When you let the generator handle it, a high number of seeds (I use 10.000 or higher) with small biomes size will eventually get you what you want but I assume you want finer control over what goes where and painting that by hand will take ages.

It would be very handy to be able to select a rectangular area and only generate seeds in that region which is what I think you want to do.

I agree that the density settings on biomes aren't working very well.  The area of the biome isn't the problem, but the density should be evenly distributed within that area.  You should be able to set the biome size to a large value and not get clumping, whether you are painting them or not.

Edited by Ricowan

Ok after looking at Jukken's picture my memory at the bottom right says 0.24gb guessing it is not supposed to do that?

I may aswell ask another thing while I'm at it.

If I wish to make a large forest with sparse trees...it always looks totally wierd. I've tried a lot of settings...never anything really good.

As soon as I alter the "Biome density", it looks like crap (image attached). How do I prevent this? Huge forest - sparse trees...without the wierd dotted stuff.

wurm_treegen_wierd.jpg

Is that from one seed? I'll probably need to adjust the plant biomes function. Right now it grows in 4 directions, then spreads out due to density, so it tends to clump.

Ok after looking at Jukken's picture my memory at the bottom right says 0.24gb guessing it is not supposed to do that?

Are you running the program as is, or giving it a certain amount of memory from the command line?

• Like 1

Is that from one seed? I'll probably need to adjust the plant biomes function. Right now it grows in 4 directions, then spreads out due to density, so it tends to clump.

One seed yes. Once you increase the density parameter, the "square-distortions" start to appear.

It took me some time to find it but there it is: Krita!

Free open source paint program -linux & windows-, and it CAN handle 16 bit grayscale images, which are used in map generator heigth maps!

https://krita.org/

For those looking for a more familiar paint package, dev GIMP2.9 has it as well.

Any planned more regular "save" feature? Save/Load Actions always give me "Error, can't load file"...after painting a gazillion biomes...and having to make everything from start...again...

Edited by Jukken

Any planned more regular "save" feature? Save/Load Actions always give me "Error, can't load file"...after painting a gazillion biomes...and having to make everything from start...again...

I think that means it fails to import the heightmap image. If you originally imported a file with a name other than 'heightmap.png' you'll get that message. Try opening the .act file to see if that's the case. A work-around for now is to just always name the file 'heightmap.png' before you import it.

If we could use the line drawing from rivers to draw a shape, then have it fill with a biome, based on density settings, that would be sweet. The patterning of bioms is probably the biggest issue I see with the mod right now.

One other thing I think would be great would be "smooth surface", which would let you smooth out the dirt after dropping. This makes it easier to keep more rough looking mountains before dropping dirt.

You could set the smoothing with options like min/max elevation to smooth, min/max slope to smooth and how aggressive you want to smooth.

• Like 1

So...Can anyone help me out? I've got a couple posts with the issue but seems I was skipped over and it's annoying because I want to have as much fun as you all seem to be. I still can't get my maps to drop more than ONE dirt on any tile. No matter what options I choose.  40 dirt per tile, 60, 80, 300. Always the same. One action of digging and I hit rock, anywhere on the map. Anyone? Please?

So...Can anyone help me out? I've got a couple posts with the issue but seems I was skipped over and it's annoying because I want to have as much fun as you all seem to be. I still can't get my maps to drop more than ONE dirt on any tile. No matter what options I choose.  40 dirt per tile, 60, 80, 300. Always the same. One action of digging and I hit rock, anywhere on the map. Anyone? Please?

I wonder if your slope settings make all the dirt slide off somehow? Might all be down in the lowest points of the map?

Could you post a screenshot of your settings or give us a link to the project?

Update 2.5.3 - Fixes

Added localized erosion on rivers.

Added cliff ratio and land slide to actions.

Fixed drop dirt only dropping 1 dirt. 

Thanks everyone for finding bugs so fast. Hopefully this is the last time I have to fix the dirt.

Here's your fix. Update to the latest version  :)

• Like 2

Update 2.7 - Import/Export Biomes Image

Added importing/exporting of 24-bit color PNG images for biomes.

- "Save Images" now outputs the biome and heightmap images as well

- CAUTION: Importing overrides any biome tiles that were on the map (rock can turn into grass etc.)

- Colors that aren't found will be ignored and use the existing tile (i.e. use black as a transparency)

List of biome colors [r,g,b]:

CLAY:(113,124,118)

DIRT:(75,63,47)

DIRT_PACKED:(74,62,46)

GRASS:(54,101,3)

GRAVEL:(79,74,64)

KELP:(54,101,3)

LAVA:(215,51,30)

MARSH:(43,101,72)

MOSS:(106,142,56)

PEAT:(54,39,32)

REED:(53,100,2)

ROCK:(114,110,107)

SAND:(160,147,109)

STEPPE:(114,117,67)

TAR:(18,21,40)

TUNDRA:(118,135,109)

TREE_APPLE:(41,58,4)

TREE_BIRCH:(41,58,3)

TREE_CEDAR:(41,58,2)

TREE_CHERRY:(41,58,5)

TREE_CHESTNUT:(41,58,6)

TREE_FIR:(41,58,7)

TREE_LEMON:(41,58,8)

TREE_LINDEN:(41,58,9)

TREE_MAPLE:(41,58,10)

TREE_OAK:(41,58,11)

TREE_OLIVE:(41,58,12)

TREE_PINE:(41,58,12)

TREE_WALNUT:(41,58,14)

TREE_WILLOW:(41,58,15)

BUSH_CAMELLIA:(41,58,16)

BUSH_GRAPE:(41,58,17)

BUSH_LAVENDER:(41,58,18)

BUSH_OLEANDER:(41,58,19)

BUSH_ROSE:(41,58,20)

BUSH_THORN:(41,58,21)

Improved biome density for more natural growth

DEF490Y.png K5MsIQR.png

Edited by Eitr
  • Like 3

suggestion for users, with mem issues,  easy fix

open text .    type   in the following,  change to just below your max ram,  then save file as a name.bat   make sure to save as all types not a txt file

java -Xmx14g -jar WGenerator.jar      i have 16gb ram,  change to 7g  if you have 8gb, ,  i only suggest a touch less as your already using some ram in the background, helps prevent hang up

this allows the program to use more of your available ram as default seems about 4gb.  love the program

I have the memory problem and can not figure out why. My system is Win7 64 bit with 8G RAM. System Information shows 5.47GB available. I open a cmd prompt and run the wgen.bat with this line -> java -Xmx2048m -jar WGenerator.jar <- and I get this error

D:\My Stuff\Wurm Unlimited>java -Xmx2048m -jar WGenerator.jar
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for 2097152KB object heap

Any ideas on why Windows is not giving up the memory? Maximum I've been able to get is using 1024m

Thanks.

I have the memory problem and can not figure out why. My system is Win7 64 bit with 8G RAM. System Information shows 5.47GB available. I open a cmd prompt and run the wgen.bat with this line -> java -Xmx2048m -jar WGenerator.jar <- and I get this error

D:\My Stuff\Wurm Unlimited>java -Xmx2048m -jar WGenerator.jar

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for 2097152KB object heap

Any ideas on why Windows is not giving up the memory? Maximum I've been able to get is using 1024m

Thanks.

2097152KB = 2.097GB which is past the 2048 you've set. Try increasing the -Xmx2048m to 3072 or 4096 and you should be able to generate fine.