Sign in to follow this  
Eitr

Map Generator 2.9 [supports Wurm 1.4]

Is it possible to add the ability to manually add in Biomes at set coordinates with a set size and seed?

I actually forked Eitr's fork and added this, but it's done with 2.2. I don't have enough time to merge it with 2.3 tonight but here's a link: https://github.com/deathrat/WGenerator/releases/tag/2.2-deathrat

There's now 2 tabs under Biomes, Generation and Painting. Painting will let you toggle painting mode, which will then let you place a biome by clicking.

• Like 2

I have tested several Map Generator 2.0 maps with WU in dedicated server mode.  For smaller maps, im having no issue.  As soon as I try to launch a 4096 map, I get a "Not Responding" message.  Im using the latest version of the app.  Im not sure what I could be doing wrong

I have tested several Map Generator 2.0 maps with WU in dedicated server mode.  For smaller maps, im having no issue.  As soon as I try to launch a 4096 map, I get a "Not Responding" message.  Im using the latest version of the app.  Im not sure what I could be doing wrong

Sometimes you will need to repeat the process. There has been several times something gets glitched. Just redo the process. I've had this happen and just need to redo the process by resaving maps and adding again. I've noticed on the huge maps it might take 3 to 4 tries before it works, not all time but some times.

this latest update for the first time ever managed to complete a map, and here it is...

oJ1UHBB.png  

Just a 1024

now lets hope I can make it load

(edit: of course since my technical skills seem sub-par for even showing off the map... how are my odds looking?)

Edited by Jesara
  • Like 1

I actually forked Eitr's fork and added this, but it's done with 2.2. I don't have enough time to merge it with 2.3 tonight but here's a link: https://github.com/deathrat/WGenerator/releases/tag/2.2-deathrat

There's now 2 tabs under Biomes, Generation and Painting. Painting will let you toggle painting mode, which will then let you place a biome by clicking.

This is amazing Deathrat! I love the painting feature, can't wait for it to be merged with 2.3. One suggestion though, add a copy of the "undo last biome" button in the painting tab when you get a chance.

Ok so i have tried every version in here and im getting the same result and i just wonder if im doing something wrong.

I am using a 2048 map size and trying to place stuff like clay and gravel. well i can do it just fine around water but when i deslect around water it does not place the material. here is the output from the jar file

HeightMap seed set to: 810807848
HeightMap Generation (2048) completed in 2740ms.
HeightMap Normalization (2048) completed in 79ms.
HeightMap Erosion (30) completed in 7096ms.
Dirt Dropping (40) completed in 9316ms.
Biome Seeding (Sand) completed in 106ms.
Biome Seeding (Clay) completed in 1ms.

as you can see it will generate the sand around the water but when i try to do clay it just does not process

as well goes for the painting feature in deathrats.

Biome Seeding (Clay) completed in 0ms.
Biome Seeding (Sand) completed in 1ms.

and here is my heap settings

java -Xmx4096m -jar WGenerator.jar 2> errorOutput.log > stdin.log

Update 2.4 - Manual Biome Planting

Added biome paint mode.

- select Paint Mode on biome tab to enable

- click on map to plant a biome seed instead of it randomly distributing them

- still uses biome filter inputs (set limits to max to plant anywhere)

Slightly improved zoom on mouse.

Thanks to deathrat for this contribution.

• Like 1

Ok so i have tried every version in here and im getting the same result and i just wonder if im doing something wrong.

I am using a 2048 map size and trying to place stuff like clay and gravel. well i can do it just fine around water but when i deslect around water it does not place the material. here is the output from the jar file

Are you changing the min/max height when you deselect around water? Else it will spawn them at height 50, which is well below the water. If sand works, gravel should too with the same settings as well.

I downloaded v2.4, generate the heightmap, erode, and then drop dirt, but it doesn't complete the Drop Dirt step, it throws this exception:

java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the path specified
at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
at java.io.File.createNewFile(Unknown Source)
at com.wurmonline.wurmapi.api.MapData.createMap(MapData.java:74)
at com.wurmonline.wurmapi.api.MapData.<init>(MapData.java:40)
at com.wurmonline.wurmapi.api.WurmAPI.<init>(WurmAPI.java:49)
at com.wurmonline.wurmapi.api.WurmAPI.create(WurmAPI.java:26)
at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow.getAPI(MainWindow.java:1882)
at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow.updateAPIMap(MainWindow.java:1930)
at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow.updateMapView(MainWindow.java:1912)
at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow.actionDropDirt(MainWindow.java:1467)
at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow$28$1.run(MainWindow.java:1243)
Exception in thread "Thread-4" java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow.updateAPIMap(MainWindow.java:1930)
at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow.updateMapView(MainWindow.java:1912)
at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow.actionDropDirt(MainWindow.java:1467)
at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow$28$1.run(MainWindow.java:1243)

ok so when in this mode

5bac5c3352eccc640c5825f8353523d6.jpg

i should have the min height and max height changed than?

I downloaded v2.4, generate the heightmap, erode, and then drop dirt, but it doesn't complete the Drop Dirt step, it throws this exception:

Looks like the API is having trouble creating the files/folders. Does it do it every time you try to drop dirt (after closing the program and running it again)?

Is the program located in a read only folder? You can try running a command prompt with Admin privileges, then launching the jar. (java -jar WGenerator.jar)

ok so when in this mode

5bac5c3352eccc640c5825f8353523d6.jpg

i should have the min height and max height changed than?

Yes. If you uncheck around water, the min/max height determines exactly where the biome gets placed. The water height is at 500, so you can set the min height to 500 and the max to however high you want it to spawn.

Around Water: min height = water height - min, max height = water height + max

Not around water: min/max = absolute heights

• Like 1

Might want to disable the buttons during various tasks. It doesn't really like when you slip and click twice ;)

Also - may want to have Random Seed either hide or blank the value and disable the Seed field.

I was going to steal the mouse zoom, but it's similar to what I had for Map Viewer. 

Why is zooming to mouse so hard? :P

Awesome work though. Very fast on my system now.

Edit

Also, I fixed the resetting of zooming when a new map image is set in Map Viewer. It's just as simple as checking to see if the dimensions of the new map are different than the old. If so, then reset the scale. If not, leave it be. 

You could also add a fast "zoom out" that just does scale = minScale; :)

Edited by Keenan

Might want to disable the buttons during various tasks. It doesn't really like when you slip and click twice ;)

Also - may want to have Random Seed either hide or blank the value and disable the Seed field.

I was going to steal the mouse zoom, but it's similar to what I had for Map Viewer. 

Why is zooming to mouse so hard? :P

Awesome work though. Very fast on my system now.

Edit

Also, I fixed the resetting of zooming when a new map image is set in Map Viewer. It's just as simple as checking to see if the dimensions of the new map are different than the old. If so, then reset the scale. If not, leave it be. 

You could also add a fast "zoom out" that just does scale = minScale; :)

The buttons are disabled when doing an action (the action just gets ignored). You must have super human clicking abilities.

Thanks for the suggestions, should be quick additions.  :)

Looks like the API is having trouble creating the files/folders. Does it do it every time you try to drop dirt (after closing the program and running it again)?

Is the program located in a read only folder? You can try running a command prompt with Admin privileges, then launching the jar. (java -jar WGenerator.jar)

It was doing it everytime but for some reason now I come back to it an hour later and its fine.  Gonna blame Windows 10/BitDefender/Who knows.

Thanks!

Update 2.4.2

Fixed zoom on mouse!  :D

Fixed infinite biome seeding bug (when seeding is impossible).

Fixed map zoom resetting on view change.

holy moly we have biom painting already?!!!!!!!!  amazing guys!!!!!!!!!

<3

For importing is there a way around needing a 16 bit PNG? Can you add an option for 8bit PNG? I can't even manage to find a program that will work properly to convert an image into 16 bit PNG...Thank you! I'm probably the first to bring this up because most people won't be importing anything but only generating..

There's another generator that can import 8 bit grayscale PNG, but that one doesn't have all the features of this program... :( I believe it's this one  http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/132972-wgenerator-with-heightmap-load-from-file-support/

Edited by Rillio

You cannot import an 8b .PNG without processing because it will be full of contour lines that are 256 dirt high cliffs.   It would need cliff erosion/noise passes written to follow that artificial contour and remove it, without making it look like a bunch of eroded cliffs...

Just a little question,

When I erode , does it change the heightmap file or just the copy in memory ?

its a lot more accurate to paint in Topo view, can we get a check  box to return us to topo view after placement? :)

btw did i mention how awesome this is? cause its awesome :P

adding rivers is the only thing i'd like to see added, love the work.  i was almost able to make the full size map, but failed at the end of dirt, 16gb ram. lol  but a xanadu size map of islands i was able to make. just crashed on saving. only cus i tryied to rename the map. note, save all first, rename after lol

Just a little question, When I erode , does it change the heightmap file or just the copy in memory ?

It changes the heightmap. That way you can erode multiple times in different ways to the same map. 

If you want to keep the original heightmap, you can export it before eroding.

its a lot more accurate to paint in Topo view, can we get a check  box to return us to topo view after placement? :)

btw did i mention how awesome this is? cause its awesome :P

I'll just make it stay on the current view instead of reverting ;). That way you don't have to fiddle with too many checkboxes.

• Like 1