Sign in to follow this  
Xallo

Westfall (4096x4096) - Archipelageo + Landmasses + Mountain

Here's my first decently-well generated map, at 4096x4096.

Westfall, as I call it, is a map that has land types for all people. There are grand steppes, lots of forested areas, and even lots of little islands all around for those who like their small plot of land. There's also a grand mountain towards the middle/eastern part of the map, giving those who want the chance to explore or settle on a giant mountain the opportunity to.

The biome placements are done "realistically". The tundras are at high altitudes, and the steppes are on relatively easy to traverse landmasses. Trees were spawned in places that made sense, such as firs high up in the hills, and willows down near marshy waters.

Ore placement is a bit different than most maps, but iron is still the most dominant. Tin, Copper, Zinc, etc are all about .5% chance, with Gold and Silver being at .1%. There is also a .05% chance to find Glimmersteel or Adamantine veins, which could create strategic outposts in a PvP scenario.

768.jpg

If you want to use this map on your server, please let me know. I'd be excited to see it! :D

Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1365803/Games/Wurm/Wurm - maps etc/WurmMaps/Westfall.rar

(I'll update OP with some in-game pictures soon!)

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 11

Made larger seeds instead of a lot of smaller ones with Budda's Generator.

Could always forward time a week or two in-game to let it spread a bit first. :)

Nice map dude, very diverse with multiple terrain types over a large distance.

Also +1 for 4k by 4k

i guess i finally found a map i wanna play for my singleplayer world thanks :)

damb near perfect map for me.  been trying to get something close.  only thing left to add, when possbile. is a few rivers.  i really want a map i can sail into land,  so far the asheon's call map only river one i can find, but your map wow. i think i'll use it thanks.

same issue for me.  we need the hightmap and actions included, so we can reload the map in generator and resave. it's odd but it works to load up the map.

PS: Are you using one of the player-pimped WGenerators, or still buddas one? Because I can get the generator from Budda to load andstart processing the actions of "Westfall" but it takes forever to finally end in an error of not enough memory to process.

EDIT: wow, ok, just let it run for 30minutes and it finally finished, but it turned out a bit different O_o

DUPaHXo.png

EDIT 2: and resaving all that again and then following the steps again in cmiddle's video, makes this work, not exactly the same map tho, but close enough x_x

EDIT 3: *sigh* its got the "Another tunnel is too close. It would collapse"-bug, whever I try to mine :'(

Edited by Lycanthropic

Well yeah, the server doesn't start when i use this map it just sort of freezes and gets nowhere.

I managed to get it running last night. I'll upload the file for it when I'm back home Sunday. :)

• Like 1

Xallo please nooo, you have to upload it now. I'm sitting here waiting :P

EDIT: No but really, me and a friend is sitting here trying to find a good map and yours have caught our eye truly. It looks stunning! Been waiting for a while for someone to reply with a possible fix.

Edited by PleagueX

finally somebody made a map like exodus! i love it, gonna try it in a bit!, almost looks like exodus, just much bigger hehe

found something that worked for me.  rename the actions.txt  to actions.act   and then load the actions into the genorator 2.0   havn't tested the map yet. but the map is generating at least. i have to head to work ;-(

found something that worked for me.  rename the actions.txt  to actions.act   and then load the actions into the genorator 2.0   havn't tested the map yet. but the map is generating at least. i have to head to work ;-(

Yeah that is what i did. I opened the actions file in the generator and saved the map again. Then it worked. Yeeeaaay!

I'm also getting the lockup bug on loading (actually the first time I tried the map was completely flat and just a bit odd) anyone have a fixed version to upload that is working? When I put it in the 2.0 generator it gives errors for not enough options for various parts of the steps file. Uploading the latest steps file that will work with the latest version would be cool too.

I know why this map does not work when u download it, the map_actions file is a txt and not a act. I can't seem to convert it either so I am unable to load this up in the mapgen 2.0 to re save everything. I need to do this because It just hangs up when trying to start. Would really like to get this working! 

Thanks!

Just started using this map Xallo, awesome! nice work!

I think this is the map that had dirt to an insane depth right up in Mt's. I made this weird hole in the map with an admin account, some might call it a Wurm Hole.