Sign in to follow this  
Keenan

[RELEASE] DeedMod (for use with Ago's ModLoader)

10 hours ago, Arduin said:

and that crashes the player on login

...and the server ;)

It appears this is now broken with 1.8.0.3.  New deeds cannot be created as a "SteamID" variable is missing, and throwing error for new deeds.  Disabled mod and people can now make new deeds.

We are also unable to create new deeds since the 1.8.0.3 update. A new player (not an alt) can choose Found settlement from the deed stake, but then nothing at all happens.  We're going to have to disable this mod for now, but I'd love an earburn when it's fixed!  Thanks.

@Keenan or @Arduin  Is someone still managing this mod?  It stopped functioning for us with the 1.8.0.3 update.  New players are unable to found deeds. They get the option to Found settlement, but then nothing at all happens. This is true even for brand new players who are not alts of someone already deeded on the server.  When we remove the mod, deeding works normally, but we really miss having the ability to limit deed size and number of deeds per Steam ID.

Edited by Batta

@bdew Is there any chance you feel like looking at this for us, while we await a response from the OP?  It's really hard to play without it, once we had established it.  I know you've got your hands full with a bunch of other mods, including helping with absent mod-makers' mods. If you have a chance to work with this, though, it would make my life a whole lot easier!

Some of our top modders seriously need a tip jar - as well as people like Sklo that solve so many support related issues.

• Like 2

Sorry i can't adopt every stray mod on the forums, i have more than enough mods of my own to deal with.

• Like 1

This mod was such a gem, saved me a lot of effort as a GM. Somebody please earburn me when it's fixed?

Edited by Batta

10 hours ago, bdew said:

Sorry i can't adopt every stray mod on the forums, i have more than enough mods of my own to deal with.

You are the god of the moders *pray for you* ^^ ;)

• Like 1

I managed to get this mod up and running again. Source and .jar in the link below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17jq2XbjDZSGhEBtnzWj-Atc9xIrwjPJO
See GitHub link below for future releases.

Let me know if you run into any issues. For the most part mod functionality is the same as Keenan's original code. I however did add functionality that ignores deeds that are owned by a GM character with power equal to or greater than powerOverride when determining how many deeds the steam ID owns. I can't guarantee I will stay on top of this as much as I would like, as my interest in wurm frequently waxes and wanes.

(Also, I am very much an amateur coder- so things aren't probably as clean as they could be  :P )

Edited by Karthannar
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Karthannar said:

I managed to get this mod up and running again.

Thank you very much for this.  

Forked from Keenan and updated project on GitHub. Any updates I do will be there from now on:

https://github.com/Karth32/DeedMod/releases/

Also fixed an instance of the mod ignoring the powerOverride config when counting deeds owned by a steam ID.

Edited by Karthannar
  • Like 1

Thank you Karthannar. I'm considering rolling this into WU officially, but i don't think it'll be in the 1.9.0.0 update we have under internal testing.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Keenan said:

Thank you Karthannar. I'm considering rolling this into WU officially, but i don't think it'll be in the 1.9.0.0 update we have under internal testing.

If this get official it would be good if we have an option so deeds are disbanding after a given time mayors not online or we can get a list of this deeds with a command.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ayluin said:

Existing version still works for 1.9.1.5, but I have made a tweak that allows for servers to choose the maximum number of templars players can have on village creation or resize. 

https://github.com/revelation343/DeedMod/releases

I'm not sure if I want this feature or not. What would be a reason to use it?

On free deed/upkeep servers, some players ignore the rules of servers and have something like 100 spirit templars which on one of the servers I played on was pretty exploitative with bounties on as well. This just allows you to force the rule rather than relying on people to read/respect the rule if your server has such a rule. If it's set to -1 there is no restriction, just like the rest of the mod. 

Would it be possible to add a configurable option that does the following when enabled:

- All newly created players are automatically granted citizenship to a specific deed name (same name for all players)

~Nappy

• Like 2

On 4/20/2019 at 4:46 PM, Nappy said:

Would it be possible to add a configurable option that does the following when enabled:

- All newly created players are automatically granted citizenship to a specific deed name (same name for all players)

~Nappy

I'll look into it, no promises though.

could you please add the ability to hire 2 free guards, also cant manage guards with upkeep off, because we get the message "There was not enough upkeep to increase the number of guards. Please make sure that there is at least one month of upkeep left after you hire the guards."