Sign in to follow this  
Keenan

[RELEASE] DeedMod (for use with Ago's ModLoader)

Instructions

Unzip this archive into the mod/ folder.

You should see a set up like this when done:

(Replace dedicated server with Wurm Unlimited\WurmServerLauncher\ for bundled servers)

Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\mods\deedmod.properties

Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\mods\deedmod\

Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\mods\deedmod\DeedMod.jar

Start your server with the batch file provided with Ago's loader: modlauncher.bat

Profit!

See deedmod.properties for settings.

Edited by Keenan
  • Like 5

I have a DeedMod I've written using this framework. I'll be posting it soon.

Current features:

• Specify number of deeds per SteamID
  • Specify max North+South (Y) and East+West (X) sizes
  • Specify max total tile size
  • Control at which GM power can the restrictions be ignored.

Working on upkeep costs at the moment.

Any other ideas would be great.

So does this mean my toons can be mayor of more than 1 deed at a time?

Or, I can keep the limit of 1 deed per toon, but allow GM toons to hold 3, 10, 100 deeds each?

AWESOME!!!!

It doesn't increase the number of deeds you can have per toon. That would break a lot I think.

What it does is prevent people from just logging in with a new name and dropping as many deeds as toons they make. It solves an exploit that Free Deeds opens up.

It also lets you determine the maximum size of a deed on your server. If you're running a small map, say 1024, you don't want people to be able to deed 100x100 plots of land on you. 

The powerOverride just means that if you have a server where you don't mind if other players muck around as GMs but also don't want them creating HUGE deeds, you can raise the power override level to 5 or whatever you feel is right.

• Like 2

Ahh ok. I completely mis-understood then.

Still awesome work on exploit prevention!

Thankyou!!

I'd like to suggest a way to give the first X number of characters per Steam ID a settlement form instead of a deed stake as part of their starting inventory.  It's really useful to help people get started without causing a few people to dominate the territory.  

Might be a good idea to put the actual description of the deed mod in the first post. :D Would help alleviate some confusion. ^.^

• Like 2

Any chance an option could be added for Maximum guards permitted? (Minimum might be a good option also for completeness).

~Nappy

• Like 1

Would it be outside the purvue of this mod to include deed costs? (cost per tile, minimum upkeep, initial costs, cost per guard, minimum required to prevent decay, etc.)

Ugh, butchered posts! Thanks new forums!

Anyway!

I've put mods aside for the moment while I finish up a few things of importance officially. One of them being Portals. I made a change to the code when I fixed free deed disbands so that you could easily change deed costs. I haven't touched it really because I don't want a conflict of interest, even over free mods. When I'm done with Portals, I'll touch on this.

As for guards, that might be a little more difficult. I'll have to take a look. :)

And for limiting per SteamID (or doing anything by SteamID) - that's where I sort of stopped with DeedMod. The SteamID isn't stored anywhere just yet, and adding it isn't as simple as popping it in. I was working on a ModStorage mod that would create a Sqlite DB for mods to use, but I quickly over-designed it. I need to revisit it, strip it back to basics, and go from there. Even if I were to do this, I couldn't do much for current players/alts.

The only place a SteamID is stored is behind a hash, which creates overhead if I were to compare it that way. It would require looping through every player and doing two hashes per comparison - which are CPU intensive. A storage DB would be much nicer, since I could just query by SteamID instead. :)

Keenan, this mod is very awesome and usefull but what can we GM´s do? we use normaly a GM char and a normal player char on one steam account

Edit: for me, i have created a permanent spawndeed with the gm

Edited by Eject

Do you think you would be able to add an option to remove the restrictions "Too far from your kingdom" and "Too close to enemy kingdom"?

• Like 1

There is also a restriction about needing to be closer to an ally or village - It's caused a few problems.

This is awesome!  Just what I'm looking for.

• Would it be possible for a GM (say level 4 or 5) to resize huge deeds?
  • With the SteamID restriction, could you automatically make alts citizens of existing deeds?
  • Would it be possible to allow a GM (again 4 or 5) to have multiple plots (to set up content areas) or at least ignore the SteamID restriction?

Hi Maybe someone can help me.

This mod it is not working in my private server. When i launch modloader i see following messagge:

RMI disbled - INFORMCIEN initializing Deed Modifications.

Im interested in get more deeds per steam ID but it seems not working for me.

What im doing wrong?

Hey Herg

Firstly, that message is not an error, so not sure that is an issue. It may actually be working.

Secondly, as stated earlier in the thread, the purpose of it, is not to allow more than one deed per steamID, as it would break a lot of other things. 

Kindly re-read the post, and make sure that it is what you expect it to be.

Also, then, what is the problem that you are seeing? "not working" is hard to pinpoint.

Hi Marlon,

Thanks for your reply. I mean that in propertied file if i use notepad to edit the file it seems not workking the following options:

# Number of deeds allowed per SteamID
# Set to 0 to disallow founding deeds by players
# Set to -1 for unlimited deeds per ID.
settlementsPerSteamID=-1

I understood that if i set to -1 it means that i can create more than one deed per player. It seems that it is not working for me that option.

I have active that option but i can see the following message in game:

[20:26:03] You cannot found another settlement while being mayor in one. Give away one of the deeds.

You still need different characters per deed.  Every one of the characters you create on your server has the same SteamID.  That's what this mod is about.

Unless this is intended the mod is forcing the max deed size and not allowing deeds to be sized under the max. For example 50 max tile will force 24x24 and not allow say 10x10.

24x24 and 10x10both are not possible with a setting of max 50 tiles

Here is a example of my settings, maybe it helps:

# Max East+West size of a deed.
# Set to -1 for no size limit imposed by the mod
maxDeedX=-1
# Max North+South size of a deed.
maxDeedY=-1
# Max total tiles (X*Y) for deeds.
maxDeedTiles=3721

in this case, the best deedsetting is north 30 south 30 east 30 west 30 =3600 +121 Tiles for the token in the middle

If you dont like maxDeedTiles, set it to -1 and setup maxDeedX and maxDeedY for the east-west axis and the north-south axis

Eject

Edited by Eject

push because bug

if a player set the deedsize more than allowed from the mod,  the deed get a size from -1 -1 and its shrinked at one tile

if the player dies and try to respawn at the "wrong" deed, he crashed the server.

Eject

We have now a fix to prevent a servercrash.

If the deedsize is higher than allowed, the size will be set to 5 5 5 5 and the player gets a warning message.

@Keenanif its ok, we would post the link to our fixed version.

Eject

It is a shame that this mod never included a way to set a limit on the perimeter.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2017 at 9:32 AM, Eject said:

We have now a fix to prevent a servercrash.

If the deedsize is higher than allowed, the size will be set to 5 5 5 5 and the player gets a warning message.

@Keenanif its ok, we would post the link to our fixed version.

Eject

If you would like to maintain this, feel free! I lack sufficient time to do mods as well as my Wurm duties. :)

Reply with the link and I'll edit the original post.

• Like 2

Hi!

I don't know if maintaining it will be something I will have time for. But I will certainly consider it.

I currently host the file on my dropbox. Grab it from here : Download Link

Feel free to add it to your github account as a new release, or if you prefer a simple pull request to it, just tell me :)

Edit: its just a quick fix to prevent the event from happening (that a player goes over the configured size limit, since the size then falls back to -1 and that crashes the player on login)

Edited by Arduin
  • Like 1