Sign in to follow this  
Araninke

Rebuilding Esteron Market

Rebuilding Esteron's Market in SouthEast Xanadu

4p9D5Rxh.jpg

Esteron Market is restored once more!

There has been a resurgence in activity in the Esteron region of Xanadu and a boost in the economy is needed. As such we thought it the perfect time to resurrect the decaying Esteron Market located directly East of the Esteron spawn point. It's our hope to return it to its former glory, paying homage to the original layout while adding our own touch and expanding to the market's full potential in the process. 

Help Your Community, Help Yourself

Obviously it's a bit difficult for an alt to build a deed starting out. I will do what I can, but I'm also hoping to get some help from the Esteron community in rebuilding a Market for the area. Everyone will benefit with more commerce. What can you do specifically? Donations of building materials such as stone bricks and mortar are greatly appreciated. As well as donation of skills and/or time to plan out and build the EMarket structures. 

In thanks, I will create some sort of maintained perim monument (to be determined, open to suggestions) to those who helped out along with a forum post including everyone's player name.

If you're interested in helping out please get in touch through messages here on the forum or /tell Araninke, Araninco, Kelpie or Jotun in-game.

The following are some DeedPlanner views of the proposed new generation Esteron Market...

Pastbin link for DP plans - http://pastebin.com/8UNRTnMm

D9wiFuYh.jpg

E9YvHmOh.jpg

OSUTZaCh.jpg

Disclaimer: This is a personal project and has no bearings on my duties as PRA

Edited by Araninke
  • Like 4

This sounds like a wonderful idea, the SE part of Xanadu needs a market. Cambriaa and I can help provide materials as well as help with the actual building of the structures.

• Like 1

This sounds like a wonderful idea, the SE part of Xanadu needs a market. Cambriaa and I can help provide materials as well as help with the actual building of the structures.

That'd be great Polojordan! Might not be in-game again until tomorrow. But let me know when is good for you and will arrange things at some point. Either of you have the masonry skill needed to plan stone buildings?

As I live in this area, I would like to assist in building. Can provide materials as well. I got 69 masonry and 88 carpentry.

• Like 2

As I live in this area, I would like to assist in building. Can provide materials as well. I got 69 masonry and 88 carpentry.

Awesome, Dozensl! The more the merrier. Please let me know when you might be available to bring by materials and/or help us rebuild. I have everything planned out in DeedPlanner if you wanted to take a look. Pretty much sticking with the original blueprint with a few changes to make it more symmetrical as well as expanding to the Southern side of the highway.

There will be a small inn with private quarters as well as beds to rent upstairs. There is also a terrace to the East below the Market... what are thoughts on using it for a temple, new player apartments, etc?

Edited by Araninke

There's actually a handful of us at the Market right now whipping it into shape! Thanks for your help Polojordan, Cambriaa, Merumbra and Beastwolf. Pretty amazing what can be accomplished in a short amount of time in Wurm when folks come together.

FmoWirCh.jpg

Edited by Araninke
  • Like 1

Glad to be helping out :) We'll be back tonight most likely to do more!

• Like 1

Thanks again to everyone who has been helping to rebuild the Esteron Market! We already have 2 buildings up, minus the roof. Redexorcist graciously agreed to supply us with some slate shards. I'm also very grateful for a delivery of bricks and mortar this evening from Dozensl! The market will be rebuilt in no time at this rate.

AIduHI9h.jpg

Edited by Araninke
  • Like 1

Over the next couple days myself and a few others will be there working on the market, material donations would be greatly appreciated! :)

• Like 1

I'm happy to say the rebuilding of the market is coming along nicely with about half of the buildings completed thus far (minus roofs). Please get in touch if you are interested in helping out either through labor, donation of materials or both! 

• Like 1

J5RsmAkh.jpg

It's a work party! There's half a dozen or so of us at the Esteron Market right now continuing to build it back to its former glory. Feel free to swing by with extra materials or come lend a hand if you want to help out. It will be awesome to have a major market in the area once again.

• Like 2

Lookie there! We actually have some roofs on the market buildings! Working on lamps and soon enough we'll be accepting merchants. Be sure to get your contracts in order.

SPq91mQ.jpg

• Like 1

Did you take over Esteron Araninke, or just rebuilding it?

I lived down southeast area for most of my playtime on Xan, and it was so dead down there. I basically left the game because I'd soured on it all, and then my RL situation went all crazy too. I'm wondering if my caravel or anything is even still down yonder. (Directly south from T23, I parked it way out in the ocean so people would have a hard time looting anything still left when it went that it dropped when it did go.)

From the looks of the game, it's going the way of the dodo anyway, so I dunno whether I'll be coming back anyway. Just curious I suppose...

13 hours ago, Corsan said:

Did you take over Esteron Araninke, or just rebuilding it?

I lived down southeast area for most of my playtime on Xan, and it was so dead down there. I basically left the game because I'd soured on it all, and then my RL situation went all crazy too. I'm wondering if my caravel or anything is even still down yonder. (Directly south from T23, I parked it way out in the ocean so people would have a hard time looting anything still left when it went that it dropped when it did go.)

From the looks of the game, it's going the way of the dodo anyway, so I dunno whether I'll be coming back anyway. Just curious I suppose...

Hi, Corsan!

I tried obtaining the writs to the old Esteron Market but they never surfaced. I ended up waiting it out and re-deeded a new Market in the same spot that we are currently busy rebuilding. It's more than half done and looking great!

Yes, the Southeast has been quiet for some time. But there are new players moving in all the time. We now have quite an active alliance in the area called Kingdom of Esteron. I'm sure you'd be more than welcome to join us if you decided to foray into Wurm again. I'm not sure about your Caravel... I've haven't been down that way recently myself. Let us know if you are ever in the area again!

Edited by Araninke

Well, I'd been pondering coming back, but I posted something over there in that 'Plan for a Plan' thread, and some control freak with powers removed my comment....so that clinched my decision-making process.

I don't take kindly to censorship/people who try and cover up the 'bad' things going on. Especially when the dev/creator himself is asking for suggestions on things they could improve to stop losing paid members (Such as myself.) and I gave a well versed suggestion on the matter.

Hope you folks have fun. Enjoy your Wurming while it lasts!