Sign in to follow this  
Webba

[RELEASED] Bulk storage tranfer limits

Just made a small mod to remove the limit on moving items between bsbs and crates, "As many as I can carry" will  default to the lower of 1000 items or the number in the bulk container that they are in. Also removes limit on moving to a container (forge, cart). You can type in a number above 1000 to move more items. 

I am no longer actively maintaining this mod, bdew has kindly fixed it for the latest version (April 2017)

Mod for ago's modloader:

https://github.com/bdew-wurm/bulktransportmod/releases/latest

Installation : extract all files into your mods folder

Edited by Webba
  • Like 7

Could you please take a look at ago's ModLauncher system,here and perhaps make your changes compatible with it?

Would make life easier with all these edits if we can just drop a file in \mod folder instead of making edits to the .jar itself

Should also help with updates not destroying these mods.

Thankyou

• Like 1

Could you please take a look at ago's ModLauncher system,here and perhaps make your changes compatible with it?

Would make life easier with all these edits if we can just drop a file in \mod folder instead of making edits to the .jar itself

Should also help with updates not destroying these mods.

Thankyou

Was planning to do this at the weekend, just need some time to read through his modloader.

• Like 1

Is there any chance that you would consider also making it possible to "load" filled BSB's (Multiple) into a cart, wagon or ship? Would be great to be able to load up a ship full of BSBs, travel and then offload the cargo at the new location.

Awesome stuff, one more nail in the coffin of tedium :).

Any chance for a follow up - "load cargo" for non-empty containers?

Will look into it as soon as I've done the 2 planned features and updated the mod for the latest version of the modlauncher, it should still work but looks like a few optimisations could be made.

Hello,

I've got Ago's modloader and spellmod installed already. After installing this mod, I get the following message. Any ideas? Thanks!
EDIT: after updating to the most recent version of Ago's modloader, this error went away.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server>modlauncher.batC:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server>runtime\bin\java "-Dworkdir=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server" "-Djava.library.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\nativelibs" -Xmn256M -Xms512m -Xmx2048m -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+AggressiveOpts -jar modlauncher.jarNov 04, 2015 2:13:20 PM com.webbrar.wurm.mods.BulkTransportMod configureINFO: Bulk transportjava.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: loader (instance of java/net/URLClassLoader) previously initiated loading for a different type with name "javassist/ClassPool"        at com.webbrar.wurm.mods.BulkTransportMod.configure(BulkTransportMod.java:50)        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader.loadModFromInfo(ModLoader.java:64)        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader.loadModsFromModDir(ModLoader.java:32)        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher.main(DelegatedLauncher.java:18)        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)        at javassist.Loader.run(Loader.java:288)        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.ServerLauncher.main(ServerLauncher.java:23)C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server>modlauncher.batC:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server>runtime\bin\java "-Dworkdir=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server" "-Djava.library.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\nativelibs" -Xmn256M -Xms512m -Xmx2048m -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+AggressiveOpts -jar modlauncher.jarNov 04, 2015 2:15:47 PM com.webbrar.wurm.mods.BulkTransportMod configureINFO: Bulk transportjava.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: loader (instance of java/net/URLClassLoader) previously initiated loading for a different type with name "javassist/ClassPool"        at com.webbrar.wurm.mods.BulkTransportMod.configure(BulkTransportMod.java:50)        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader.loadModFromInfo(ModLoader.java:64)        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader.loadModsFromModDir(ModLoader.java:32)        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher.main(DelegatedLauncher.java:18)        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)        at javassist.Loader.run(Loader.java:288)        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.ServerLauncher.main(ServerLauncher.java:23)
Edited by zaaephod

modloader v0.5 and up should solve this issue

Edited by ago
  • Like 1

Works fine with bulk storage containers like BSBs and crates. But does not work with furnaces. Say I can only carry 12 ores and have 28 in a crate in a cart, I can transfer them in one action into a BSB. But it takes the usual 3 actions @12 apiece to transfer them all into a forge. Still not as bad as with bulk storage transfers thanks to the low storage capacity of said forge, but still, you may want to look into it if you are bored one day :).

Works fine with bulk storage containers like BSBs and crates. But does not work with furnaces. Say I can only carry 12 ores and have 28 in a crate in a cart, I can transfer them in one action into a BSB. But it takes the usual 3 actions @12 apiece to transfer them all into a forge. Still not as bad as with bulk storage transfers thanks to the low storage capacity of said forge, but still, you may want to look into it if you are bored one day :).

Doesn't work transferring directly into a cart either.  But still awesome for transferring between BSBs and crates!

Doesn't work transferring directly into a cart either.  But still awesome for transferring between BSBs and crates!

Will try to get this done tomorrow.

• Like 2

Nice. And just in time before FO4, right? ;)

Another wishlist item, for after FO4. I just wanted to drop some things from a crate in my cart onto a pile on the ground and I couldn't transfer stuff in bulk.

Very nice mod! Thanks!

There a couple of cases which I would love to see changed as well, if at all possible:

1) Dragging from a crate inside a transport (i.e.: cart) to a pile on the ground results in "Not allowed to do that" message.

2) Dragging from a crate inside a transport (i.e.: cart) to the transport and selecting 'max' only moves the amount limited by your strength.

3) Dragging from BSB or crate (or a crate inside a transport) to a smelter (the recently added ore-only heatsource) and selecting 'max' only moves the amount limited by your strength.

Looking forward to more development! :)

9 hours ago, Thirn said:

2) Dragging from a crate inside a transport (i.e.: cart) to the transport and selecting 'max' only moves the amount limited by your strength.

I ran into this issue as well.  Interesting work-around, if you select 'max' it only moves the amount you could currently pick up.  But if you specify a higher amount (select 50, or type in a specific amount), it will move the higher amount specified, assuming it will fit in the container.

Not sure what happens if you select a higher amount than what the container can hold though.  Not sure if it would just move the max amount the container is able to hold, or if it would fail to move anything...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nikalus said:

I ran into this issue as well.  Interesting work-around, if you select 'max' it only moves the amount you could currently pick up.  But if you specify a higher amount (select 50, or type in a specific amount), it will move the higher amount specified, assuming it will fit in the container.

Not sure what happens if you select a higher amount than what the container can hold though.  Not sure if it would just move the max amount the container is able to hold, or if it would fail to move anything...

Huh! Good to know, cheers!

P.S.: Tried and it obeys the container limits properly, so that's a good workaround for now. :)

Edited by Thirn

On 11/26/2015, 7:22:07, Thirn said:

Very nice mod! Thanks!

There a couple of cases which I would love to see changed as well, if at all possible:

1) Dragging from a crate inside a transport (i.e.: cart) to a pile on the ground results in "Not allowed to do that" message.

3) Dragging from BSB or crate (or a crate inside a transport) to a smelter (the recently added ore-only heatsource) and selecting 'max' only moves the amount limited by your strength.

Looking forward to more development! :)

Updated to fix the issue with dragging to containers, had a couple of issues moving items to piles will try to work on this at some point in the nearish future. Also moved to github for dat open sauce

Edited by Webba
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Webba said:

Updated to fix the issue with dragging to containers, had a couple of issues moving items to piles will try to work on this at some point in the nearish future. Also moved to github for dat open sauce

Cheers, this should help quite a bit, still. Your continued work is much appreciated!

(Also, dats da best kinda sauce!)

Edited by Thirn

Updated now does not use a for loop when moving items between bulk containers reducing lag. 

• Like 1

Updated, fixed one bug with being able to ignore weight limit. I will try to make time soon to look into dragging to piles and adding an option to remove quality loss.

• Like 1

Cheers!

4 hours ago, Webba said:

Updated, fixed one bug with being able to ignore weight limit. I will try to make time soon to look into dragging to piles and adding an option to remove quality loss.

You mean the round down thing? Because that would save a lot of needless OCD with putting stuff in bulk storage... :)