Sign in to follow this  
Amory

Feel Bad :(

Hello guys!

I've recently came back after a break from wurm looking to find new land to settle in. After a couple of days searching, I came across a large flat area that was palisaded around, but had opens doors to the inside. The palisades were high quality (Around 80-90QL) and had a fair amount of damage on them. Within the space it looked as though the area was an old deed location that had perhaps decayed some weeks or months ago. Stupidly, I decided to settle here being that it was flat, fairly close to the ocean and had some beautiful local settlements.

When I logged in today, I found a small gathering of players on the deed and was questioned as to why I had settled there. Turns out that the area belonged to a local player who said it was used for farming. I was asked to leave now or else. I feel terrible for taking the land from the locals, and would happily pick up and leave to allow them access to the area once again. I feel so stupid to have settled in the area when it was fenced, and wished i had thought more about it at the time.

The trouble is, I have spend quite a bit of money deeding the area, and i really cannot afford to just delete the deed and leave, especially after subbing my two characters. Is there any way i could be refunded for the silvers i spent on the deed so i can abandon the deed for the locals? If i cant get refunded, there would be little point in playing without the deed after spending all the money :(

Thanks for responses guys

- Amory

Edited by Amory

You have all the right in the world to deed there, the phrase 'deed it or loose it' applies here.

Honestly, you're being taking advantage if they expect you to remove the deed.

Edited by Niki
  • Like 7

Only rule is deed it or loose it.

Edit: Btw if they already have 80Ql palisades, then they are not some newcomers, and they should be well aware of the deed rules.

If the land was so important for them, then they should have deeded it.

Worst case scenery if they try to harass you in any form, you should avoid any kind of confrontation and put a support ticket asap.

Edited by KunAlt
  • Like 1

"Leave now or else"?   %@#% them

Keep that log... you paid for the land, they didn't.  Hell they didn't bother to lock or repair.

To CC staff:  I hope the griefer doesn't get the cookies for a change.

• Like 2

You are well in your right to do so, only issue you'll have is neighbours who are not happy to see you sadly.

deed it or loose it... you do right thing and just ignore locals....   first come first serve, i belive you will make nice public and open deed and will be better then this stupid farm :D

if you says name of players who harrassing you we will kos for sure :D

Edited by Sila

Anyways this exact thing happened to me when I first started Amory, don't give in to the demands, a lot of people in this game think they 'own' all the land.

• Like 1

I dont wish for the players to be KOS or anything, but i hate to think locals will not chat or engage with me, its a large part of wurm :(

I appreciate the support guys, its good to know that what i have done is not against the rules.

Quite the opposite, what THEY are doing is against the rules.

They've proven motif, so much as a shrub goes missing off your perimeter, it's griefing plain and simple.

Best they can do is move on and be quiet.

Oh and.. names please ^_^

• Like 3

I dont wish for the players to be KOS or anything, but i hate to think locals will not chat or engage with me, its a large part of wurm :(

I appreciate the support guys, its good to know that what i have done is not against the rules.

Join a nice alliance, there are quite a few good ones out there.

That sounds great. Do you know of any that are adding new members? My character is not very high levelled, but i do have some of the basics covered

Hello guys!

I've recently came back after a break from wurm looking to find new land to settle in. After a couple of days searching, I came across a large flat area that was palisaded around, but had opens doors to the inside. The palisades were high quality (Around 80-90QL) and had a fair amount of damage on them. Within the space it looked as though the area was an old deed location that had perhaps decayed some weeks or months ago. Stupidly, I decided to settle here being that it was flat, fairly close to the ocean and had some beautiful local settlements.

When I logged in today, I found a small gathering of players on the deed and was questioned as to why I had settled there. Turns out that the area belonged to a local player who said it was used for farming. I was asked to leave now or else. I feel terrible for taking the land from the locals, and would happily pick up and leave to allow them access to the area once again. I feel so stupid to have settled in the area when it was fenced, and wished i had thought more about it at the time.

The trouble is, I have spend quite a bit of money deeding the area, and i really cannot afford to just delete the deed and leave, especially after subbing my two characters. Is there any way i could be refunded for the silvers i spent on the deed so i can abandon the deed for the locals? If i cant get refunded, there would be little point in playing without the deed after spending all the money :(

Thanks for responses guys

- Amory

"leave or else".... LOL you gotta be kidding me.. The fact you even feel bad about this is ridiculous. There is no "Else".. You PAID fort he spot and that leaves them SOL concerning the area. If they persist in harassing you open a ticket.

Deed it or lose it is in effect. Take the spot, enjoy it and know you paid for it vs someone else who did NOT. Groups of threatening people are a regular thing in Wurm, especially when they don't get their way. The next step would be for them to start blackballing you in kchat as that is normal behavior for those trying to cause you problems.

Again, don't be bullied by people like the ones in question.

• Like 2

That sounds great. Do you know of any that are adding new members? My character is not very high levelled, but i do have some of the basics covered

depends on server, ask around in GL-Freedom

Quite the opposite, what THEY are doing is against the rules.

They've proven motif, so much as a shrub goes missing off your perimeter, it's griefing plain and simple.

Best they can do is move on and be quiet.

Oh and.. names please ^_^

yeah, please PM me the server and names too.. I'm "interested"

North Coast, couple of minutes inland from Land of Infidels

I do hope you can work it out with them Amory.  Wars and fights never end well for anyone. 

Hopefully you can explain the situation as you a have here and you will get an understanding acquiescence to the situation.  Without signage, or a deed, or buildings named as a claim, how would you know not to settle.

• Would they be interested in purchasing the deed at your cost?
  •  
  • Would helping build a replacement farming area with them smooth out the situation, if they cannot afford to cash you out?

I wish you the best of luck resolving this matter, and hope you can find peace with your neighbors, as that is much of the joy of Wurm.

Theria,

• Like 3

When I logged in today, I found a small gathering of players on the deed and was questioned as to why I had settled there. Turns out that the area belonged to a local player who said it was used for farming.

Impossible. If the area "belonged" to a local player, you would not have been able to drop a deed. What server is this? And who were the a-holes who spoke to you like this?

GMs, I hope you keep an eye on this, and do the right thing if the bullies start acting up.

Edited by LorraineJ

Would they be interested in purchasing the deed at your cost?

Let that "cost" include payment for the time invested too.

Come to think of it.. if the area meant so much to them, why didn't they build a few stone shacks to block deeding? ^_^

If they refuse to pay the cost and this is in indy, i can help you recover that cost taking all the dirt you pay for already and moving it somewhere else where you can use it with better neighbors around

yeah...as much as i can understand you feeling bad about deeding it, it's not your fault they didn't put a deed on it...or locks on the gates....or shacks to prevent deeding over....or a sign that says : community farm!

and apparently they were not using it recently, cause fresh crops would have been indication that it's not abandoned.

Thankyou for the support everyone. I did offer to leave the area, in exchange for the silvers it took to deed but they were not interested at all.

I have linked the thread to a couple of them to allow input if they wish to give any, but i have only received threats in return soI have decided to cease contact with that particular group. I have since made a couple of friends in the local area, so all is not lost :)