Sign in to follow this  
clashcode

clashcode.com - Adventure Server with Downloadable Backups!

Hi everyone,

there are already a lot of PvE servers out there, but what I find problematic is that I have to trust the server operators with my character data, who may or may not shut down the server anytime.

So I went ahead and created a dedicated PvE server where you can download the full server backups anytime you want, including your character:

Server Name: clashcode.com

Being able to download backups means you're in full control and don't need to trust anyone that your can continue playing on the world that you're joining.

Hopefully other server operators will follow and also provide public server copies.

Server stats:

* Fully dedicated server, 4 GB RAM, professional server hosting

* Vanilla Adventure Map (PvE)

* Fast skill gain (as per default setting)

Full daily server backups can be downloaded on http://www.clashcode.com

I'm still looking for GMs so PM me if you're interested.

Cheers,

Chris

clashcode.com

That would be a reason for me, not to playing on your server because you give my character details to other players too ;)

quote:
I find problematic is that I have to trust the server operators with my character data, who may or may not shut down the server anytime

what should players do with the serverdata if you shut down your server anytime?

Edited by Eject

This is interesting. What would such a copy actually contain - what I have done and build and what are my stats - what anybody has done and build and what are everybody's stats - and what will happen to the works of other players when I only continue to play in the world of backup?

It would indeed be a sad day to have to lose all I have done when a server finally closes down.

That would be a reason for me, not to playing on your server because you give my character details to other players too ;)

Your character data does not contain any private info, of course your skills and inventory etc. would be public. But whats the big deal about that?

This is interesting. What would such a copy actually contain - what I have done and build and what are my stats - what anybody has done and build and what are everybody's stats - and what will happen to the works of other players when I only continue to play in the world of backup?

It would contain the full world data and character data of all characters on the server.

You could start a new server which will start as an exact copy of the full world and all characters in it. The least you would be able to do alone is continue playing single-player on the world you already helped shape. The other players could join your server als well and continue there.