Sign in to follow this  
Glycian

Guard Towers and Kingdoms - Creative - Epic [Solved]

Players on my server are unable to build guard towers. It doesn't give any type of error message; it just immediately stops action. I believe this may be something to so with kingdom settings.

It is an Epic creative server that is not a home kingdom server. I assumed that meant players would just build towers to begin kingdom influence. However, even though players show to be of different kingdoms based on available chats and examination, none of the kingdom related slash commands work at all. They just give unknown command errors.

Does anyone know if this is just not working or do I have some other settings or permissions configured improperly?

[solved] 

After testing, I had no issues building towers myself.  I found out that the players having the issues were trying to build them too close to the bone altar.  However, the error message for building too close to bone altar does not appear for them nor when I tested it myself near the altar.  

Edited by Glycian

when you set up the creative server, did you set the co-ordinates for the 3 kingdoms?

on the tile your players are trying to build on, you will need to right click the ground and examine, you will get something like "This is part of the lands of Mol Rehan" or which ever kingdom they are part of.

individual player choice at creation, ie their kingdom, doesnt actually equal the areas kingdom, just who they represent

Guard towers need to be built within a certain distance of existing kingdom tiles, otherwise it wont let you.

you may need a GM char to create a guard tower of each kingdom to force it

Edited by Toeol

when you set up the creative server, did you set the co-ordinates for the 3 kingdoms?

on the tile your players are trying to build on, you will need to right click the ground and examine, you will get something like "This is part of the lands of Mol Rehan" or which ever kingdom they are part of.

individual player choice at creation, ie their kingdom, doesnt actually equal the areas kingdom, just who they represent

Guard towers need to be built within a certain distance of existing kingdom tiles, otherwise it wont let you.

you may need a GM char to create a guard tower of each kingdom to force it

From what I can tell, guard towers have not needed to be build within your own Kingdom's influence for quite a while now.  They should be able to be built where there is no influence as long as the distance from other guard towers requirements are met.  There are currently zero guard towers on the map though since they can't be built anyway.  

The /kingdom command gives an unknown command error.  Is there a setting that would cause that?

I did not set the kingdom spawns, and everyone begins as Freedom and then must join a kingdom.   I never played on a WO Epic server.  Are you able to be part of the Freedom kingdom or have I glitched something out by not choosing Kingdom spawn points and choosing Epic?

Edited by Glycian

From what I can tell, guard towers have not needed to be build within your own Kingdom's influence for quite a while now.  They should be able to be built where there is no influence as long as the distance from other guard towers requirements are met.  There are currently zero guard towers on the map though since they can't be built anyway.  

The /kingdom command gives an unknown command error.  Is there a setting that would cause that?

I did not set the kingdom spawns, and everyone begins as Freedom and then must join a kingdom.   I never played on a WO Epic server.  Are you able to be part of the Freedom kingdom or have I glitched something out by not choosing Kingdom spawn points and choosing Epic?

Freedom was never a select able kingdom on Epic, you joined one of the 3 factions depending on which flag you chose on GV. i'm guessing WU has more of a Chaos set up.

what does /kingdoms say? (i noticed your post said you tried /kingdom however this is incorrect)

Freedom was never a select able kingdom on Epic, you joined one of the 3 factions depending on which flag you chose on GV. i'm guessing WU has more of a Chaos set up.

what does /kingdoms say? (i noticed your post said you tried /kingdom however this is incorrect)

I was doing /kingdoms sorry.  It doesn't do anything.  No message at all.  I've created a clean creative local server, changed the server to epic, no homeworld, and I get the same issue.  I'm not able to choose kingdoms or anything.  I think there's something up with the wurmzones.db default on creative servers that isn't working well with epic settings.  Still looking into it.