Sign in to follow this  
ONWRD

[RELEASE] Ebony Wand Mod v2.0 - Instant Mine and Added Bury Action [11/08/2015]

What does it do?

This mod will change the way you perform actions as a Game Master. Normally when you mine you will instantly complete the action as a GM using a pickaxe. This modification changes this to only be instant when you have the Ebony Wand activated. This mod also adds a 'Bury' action to the Ebony Wand.

Why did you create this?

I wanted to play the game as a GM and still have to work for normal activities and also keep ore veins from disappearing for others. It obviously requires some self-control but this gives you the option to play as a normal user while still maintaining the elevated privileges.

Planned features:
- None at the moment

Requirements:

Download:

Direct Download: https://github.com/ONWRD/EbonyWandMod/releases/download/v2.0/EbonyWandMod-2.0.zip

Releases: https://github.com/ONWRD/EbonyWandMod/releases

Source: https://github.com/ONWRD/EbonyWandMod

Installation:

Extract the contents of the download below into the Wurm Unlimited server directory.
Directory structure should match:
- .\Wurm Unlimited server directory\mods\ebonywandmod.properties
- .\Wurm Unlimited server directory\mods\ebonywandmod\ebonywandmod.jar
Edited by ONWRD
  • Like 4

toggle doesnt work at all on pve/creative, gonna turn pvp on n see if it works then

Thanks fatboy. I'll see about using an alternative method for toggling. Feedback welcome

works 100% just bites there isnt a bury option in the wand ^^

• Like 1

Ask and you shall receive.

Version 1.2 adds a Bury action to the Ebony Wand w/ instant action and bypasses various checks.

• Like 1

i have a special request for ya as ya seem to be pretty good with the game's coding. Any chance you can find and unmute the animals? at one point for a few days, the cows etc all had sounds and it sounds like an actual farm, they took it away due to a few compaints and instead of a off/on button for them, they simply forgot about them, I think they would add alot to wurm

I'll definitely take a look but be sure to post this in the Requests forum for more visibility.

• Like 1

This is exactly what I wanted also it looks like the class files are not obfuscated! That is amazing! I really wana mod this now lol.

@eforen, I just completed decompiling the version 1412737 and merging with my changes. I expect to release an update supporting this version later today. I just need to test it first.

Cool beans if you ever need any help with a mod let me know I am a programmer :)

this is so useful!!!

[request]

would it be possible to also have a GM speed mod while flying? (can be separated from this mod, something optional)

The flight speed cap is 56km i think, too slow when we want to walk/fly around large maps
100km, 200km, 300km would be better to go quickly from one point to another and fly around
when we create custom maps, it's good to check if everything is ok. Teleport is not an option, we do not know the coordinate to place A or B.. and the speed mod would help in maps editing using the gm tools.

Nice mod here, this makes playing normally while being a GM much more feasible.

I've come across 2 more situations where I've had to remove GM power to play normally though:

• Improving anything: If you're a GM improvements happen instantly, no action timer. This behaviour should probably be moved to the wand, so that improving with the correct tools (or raw materials) undergoes the standard timer.
  • Building on tile borders: If you try to plan a fence or wall it will always build instantly. This should also be moved to the wand.

Just downloaded your mod this morning, and all i have to say is this. THANKYOU. You cant begin to imagine how much timethis is saving me, the alt tabbing between server window and game everytime i want to mine resources that isnt stone. So a massive thankyou, this is awesome.

Has this mod been discontinued? I see the Github repository no longer exists. :(

We are also looking for this Mod.  However, the Github repository is gone.  Anyone have a copy of this mod available?

@ozmodsAre you or anyone still using this mod? I installed it on my test server and every time I try to bury with my wand it says I should use a shovel.

Edit: I should add that the various mining options all seem to work fine on surface, rock or ore tiles. Just seems the bury option might be borked if anyone else can confirm.

Edited by LifesaverM
Adt'l Info

Yep i use it, but the bury action is a no go, so i se item/destroy instead.