Sign in to follow this  
allenferreira90

WU Does Not Launch! Help!

Wurm Unlimited does not launch, the "Launching" message from steam briefly displays and then nothing happens. Turning on Debug Mode will quickly flash the message "Failed to load jvm.dll". I have tried to point java to multiple java 64 and 32-bit versions and this changes nothing. I have also verified the game cache and reinstalled at least 7 times. There are multiple users with this problem and we would like some help.

Windows 7

Updated Java 64-bit and 32-bit

Updated C++ Redistributables

Firewall and Antivirus Disabled

Game and Steam run as Admin

I would also like to add that I do not see a process begin in taskmanager when attempting to launch the game.

Try editing the JavaPath in your LaunchConfig.ini, get the directory of the JRE you wish to use (there is one included in Wurm Unlimited in the runtime folder if you wanted to try it too) and navigate to bin/server.

Copy the Address of the directory and paste it into the JavaPath, be sure to also set OverrideJavaRegEntry to true.

Your LaunchConfig should look something like this:

[Runtime]

OverrideJavaRegEntry=true

JavaPath=C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_60\bin\server

Hope this helps.

Check Here

You have to change some launcher files.

Edited by sunsvortex

I have entered the Java Path multiple times, trying many different Java  Versions. I have had no luck for 3 days.

I still get the same message "Failed to load jvm.dll"

issue maybe having booth 32 and 64 uninstal both reinstall 64 only maybe?

This shoudn't be an issue. Having both 32-bit and 64-bit is potentially a requirement when you have a 64-bit OS as most Web Browsers are 32-bit and so you need to have it installed. None the less I'll give it a try and poast the results here.

issue maybe having booth 32 and 64 uninstal both reinstall 64 only maybe?

Thanks for the idea but that hasnt changed anything. I tried installing only the 64-bit and I tried to set the path to my Java/Version/Server Folder and I still get the same result. "failed to load jvm.dll"

At this point i am thinking about giving up. I have been at this for 3 days with no change.

Check Here

You have to change some launcher files.

Thanks, but I have tried this fi. My issue is that for some reason the game can not load my java file. The game says "launching" and then nothing happens. No errors. If I set debug=1 I get the very brief cmd prompt message of "failed to load jvm.dll"

Make sure the IP address is the same!

for your IP address...

Search

Run

cmd

ipconfig

Copy the IPv4 Address from IP config to the...

Wurm Unlimited Server

Local Server

Server External IP Address  (ex. 192.168.0.107)

Windows 8 64bit, Java 32 & 64

I had the same problem, and tried re-installing everything to no avail.  Boy, did I feel like a total Noob when I figured this out.  On a whim I decided to check my IP address!

Edited by silvaraejean