Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Settings window

When you fist try to open settings from in-game the window does not come to the top like it does in the online version.  I was watching a video by a guy that was new to wurm on YouTube and it reminded me about the issue as he was having trouble with it too. 

Also please add in an option to have the launcher remember our password if we want. 

Edited by Kegan

I modified the fxml file containing the password field popup so that my password is always entered.  This is really only beneficial if you're  going to be using a single server so you're not changing the password a lot since you have to edit the file to change it.

The file path is Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\launcher-data\serverPopup.fxml

Change line 16 from:

<PasswordField fx:id="passwordField" layoutX="20.0" layoutY="100.0" onAction="#okButton"  prefHeight="35.0" prefWidth="307.0" styleClass="serverPasswordField" />

To:

<PasswordField fx:id="passwordField" layoutX="20.0" layoutY="100.0" onAction="#okButton" text="REPLACETHISTEXTWITHYOURPASSWORD" prefHeight="35.0" prefWidth="307.0" styleClass="serverPasswordField" />

Replace REPLACETHISTEXTWITHYOURPASSWORD in the quotes with whatever your password is.

Thanks for the workaround i will try that tonight when i get home but i would still prefer a box we can check that allows us to remember the password be built into the launcher.

Also why does it need to be a popup? In my opinion the launcher that WO uses is more useful then the one we have with WU. 

There is also an inconsistency between the settings dialog you get from the launcher to the one that pops up in-game. They are different.