Sign in to follow this  
Nadroj

Please increase bash damage for unfinished walls (buildings)

For the longest time, it's been a known method of screwing with your enemies on pvp servers to simply plan a huge building and add 1 brick and 1 mortar to each wall. Now i can't give exact data on the time it takes to make 1 brick and 1 mortar but i think we can all agree it's a very speed process to mass produce bricks and mortar. Even with reasonably new/low skillled accounts its really not hard, then adding that to a plan is less than a ten second timer per.

Well in contrast to that fact it takes this long to bash with a high (60+ str account) using a 80QL large maul trying to remove such a house placed to hinder enemy progress.

[14:41:05] You see a door under construction. The door needs 19 more stone bricks and mortar until finished.

[14:41:05] QL=4.337607, dam=1.3880681

[15:29:57] You start to destroy the wall.

[15:29:58] Material stone

[15:29:58] You see a door under construction. The door needs 19 more stone bricks and mortar until finished.

[15:29:58] QL=4.337607, dam=0.69162565

[15:30:51] QL=4.337607, dam=7.8298903

[15:33:42] QL=4.337607, dam=53.463974

[15:34:34] QL=4.337607, dam=66.17918

[15:35:02] QL=4.337607, dam=72.421455

[15:36:38] QL=4.337607, dam=93.66729

[15:37:13] The last parts of the wall falls down with a crash.

Over 7 minutes to bash one wall. I was at this for over an hour while my friends were catapulting a nearby deed among other things. After an hour they had completed their task and i had removed not even half of the walls from one building that didn't have a single complete wall.

Throwing a figure out there i believe that any wall that is not 100% complete should have at least 5x that damage rate when being bashed, especially off deed. However i would think it should also apply to deeds because this same trick can be used to stop a riad force being able to remove defensive longhouses to pull down dirt walls, just slap one brick and one mortar on the wall every time one gets catapulted out >.<
Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 7

I think this function has been abused by all sides for to long

+1

• Like 1

+1.  

Also.....Why (On PVE at least) Can't a owner of the building / deed with correct perms have the increased damage.....>.<

• Like 1

+1

the abuse of this mechanic is a bit silly

u5mhuBH.jpg

Edited by Naio
  • Like 6

Thanks for that pic Naio, really gets the point across and thats before we even get into the unbelievably broken and buggy catapult system that likes to aim in random directions, random distances and hit random walls every shot >.<

+1 for any unfinished at all

unfinished fences have a 30 or 40s timer to remove it in one shot, why not the same for house things?

• Like 1

Should also note that it allows people to build huge tall buildings that soak up huge amounts of damage even by only making unfinished parapets etc 

QKpX3Wf.jpg

• Like 1

GET IT HIS SIGNATURE IS CROSSED OUT BECAUSE HE'S PLAYING AGAIN AHA

+1

+1, also add the new permission stuff on pvp servers where you cannot remove a building without any plans because it would be bad for your karma.

+1

tfw your own tactics are used against you.

vWeVgBo.jpg

#Hinderance

Edited by Banzai
  • Like 4

Bashing an unfinished wall with only 5% of the materials added should be very quick. How about increasing damage so much for every brick missing, so that a reasonable skilled and equipped player could remove it in only 1 or 2 hits?

• Like 1

Bashing an unfinished wall with only 5% of the materials added should be very quick. How about increasing damage so much for every brick missing, so that a reasonable skilled and equipped player could remove it in only 1 or 2 hits?

Bashing and Catapulting 2 different things

Bashing and Catapulting 2 different things

Correct, but this thread is about bashing walls. My post too.

+1

tfw your own tactics are used against you.

vWeVgBo.jpg

#Hinderance

This doesn't need to be turned into a KvK thing.

The abuse comes in where gigantic impassable dirt walls are made invulnerable to digging because of one brick along a huge stretch.

Those unfinished walls around Hinderance are at ground level and perfectly passable to anyone, both ally and enemy.

This doesn't need to be turned into a KvK thing.

The abuse comes in where gigantic impassable dirt walls are made invulnerable to digging because of one brick along a huge stretch.

Those unfinished walls around Hinderance are at ground level and perfectly passable to anyone, both ally and enemy.

look up at the other longhouse on top of the wall ..... WOW

look up at the other longhouse on top of the wall ..... WOW

Well, after seeing how good it is ofc we used, not to the extend of how our "teachers" use it, but still. And still +1.

Boomple. Having more and more issues with parapets, finished ones too it seems.

bZQbWFq.jpg

Edited by Nadroj

banzai, those walls just get rebuilt over and over :)  2 levels of unfinished walls before they were done being built, is not the same as 12 floors across multiple buildings that havent been touched in months.  you just got a picture of them before they were rebuilt.

either way, seems we all agree to +1 even with a quick sperg of kvk.  so, since we all agree, lets put this in the slot with 99.9% of other suggestions and wait for it to NEVER GET IMPLEMENTED

Edited by Naio

Well they took 2 years to finally put in my suggestion for king titles (which btw, looked at WU code, was literally a 5 second job to fix, changing a 0 to a 1) so this can be my new forever thread :P