Sign in to follow this  
metis

Water Markers?

I can spawn a big blue block with colored lines on it that is under the name of water mark, I thought it was a water mark to set on the tile so that when a well is placed it would auto fill with water. However when you spawn it, it pops out there above ground and is ugly and breaks immersion of the game. 

First question: is that what the water mark is?

Second question: if so is there a way to place it under the tile or how am I supposed to use it?

Edited by metis

I remember seeing those littering a beach on the WO test once...no clue what they're for.

You were given access in WU to all that is in there.  Not everything is complete or working so using things can have some unintended consequences.  The water blocks were on test long long ago by some DEV and as far as I know never worked or was finished etc.  In the feature management there is something for surface water as well, all reports say these things do not work and I would not suggest playing around with them unless you make a backup of your server first.

Actually, i just found a "stream" of these coming down a hillside on the Creative map near the Northern Shores spawn.  They were all named "2" except two that were actually in water, called "4" and "6."  6 was in deeper water than 4.  Could they perhaps be water depth measurement tools?

Not sure exactly what they are either, but they spawn at seemingly random places on any server that is started as a test server, having seen them in lines down hills makes me wonder if they were used to place or guide running water at some point, then simply left in, since they don't appear when in non-test mode.