Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

Colossus on deed - allow mayor to move or destroy

Bump

Really need to use that place occupied by colossus, on MY DEED.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2015 at 1:52 PM, PWreset said:

I thought point of the colossus was to "set a mark" therefore beign able to detsroy it would not make sense. However someone should at least be allowed to "push it off" the deed.

So Mayor pushes it off the deed, just into a perimeter and he must stop, since he is not a mayor there anymore... 

• Like 1

I would suggest some sort of maybe a ritual to get rid of them, like: certain amount of faith used by Priests of colossus' Deity  decides the place to be not sacred anymore and destroys the structure! And I doubt that would be hard to put into a code, since there is similar ritual for Black and White lights.

• Like 2

On 10/27/2015 at 8:59 AM, fatboy said:

-1 i love my colossus on exodus, its there to memorize the history that was my deed!

If you want to memorize the history of a place that WAS your deed, you should have kept paying for a deed there...because the moment you stop paying deed upkeep, everything will decay...oh wait.  Everything but a colossus, since once it is built, it is in game forever?  It does not make sense.  Once a deed falls, everything should be decaying, even the colossus.  I see heaps of offdeed guard towers dotted around our servers and people generally fix them on the way past, the same would go for colossus if they decay off deed, people would fix those if they are a landmark.

I understand a colossus being built in memory of a player who passed away, but in these instances, it could be like heritage items and the GM team could be asked to grand special non decay to such an item.   It should not automatically be the case for all colossus in the game.

In many instances, on PvE, a colossus is just for decoration.  It is an end game type item that people build to make their deed more impressive.  The design of the colossus they pick has nothing to do with the deity, and everything to do with the way it looks and how it will fit into the design of their deed.  

I believe that it is fine to keep the creator tag on the colossus intact, but the owner should be the current deed owner, who then has the right to move (push, pull, turn) AND destroy if needed.   It really does not help to have ownership of the creator, since many many people stopped playing, and furthermore, chars change hands very often and then the current deed owner has to go on a search for the owner of the char who has ownership of the colossus.  Why require such a task of a person who currently owns and pays for the deed?

If it is better to have a ritual by the priest of the colossus, that would be fine too, however, what about normal colossus?  They do not belong to any deity.  Perhaps just any priest, for those?

Whatever the case may be please look into this and allow some way of destroying the item and the ability to move it (push pull turn) as well.

Edit:  Forgot to add my usual gripes - Please bring back carts and wagons that FOLLOW TERRAIN under said cart or wagon instead of being parallel to water all the time, and secondly, please bring back rare cart glow.

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 6

The Troll Papa colossus decayed just east of where Last Temptation fell.

But I plus one this idea. What steeveleeb said, if people don't care about the game anymore and leave it, maybe they don't care about their colossus? I'd like to be able to manage a colossus the same as other items  +1

• Like 2

I think mayor having all permissions for anything that is on their deed should be an obvious. 

• Like 4

They should work like guard towers and change owner to the new mayor. Then they can be done with as the new mayor pleases.

• Like 1

bump, at least some dev confirm that this is on never ending "to do" list

Come on, it's probably just matter of checking one option in Colossus item. Or two?

• Like 1

Helloooo?  Please? Anyone?  Allow this to happen.  We have this problem and it is a colossal pain in the proverbial.

• Like 1

I want to be able to destroy the colossus on the deed I bought, plus all the ones my neighbor made.

• Like 2

On 6/18/2016 at 6:19 PM, Fairyshine said:

Helloooo?  Please? Anyone?  Allow this to happen.  We have this problem and it is a colossal pain in the proverbial.

Welcome to wurm where developers have a shiny suggestion thread where suggestions very rarely get added or a developers comment. Please visit Wurm Unlimited if you would like this feature.

/end sarcastic-truth

-1 Colossus were added to be permanent momento's to an area history and a time passed. They are the "ruins" to this game. Dont like an area with a colussus, dont deed it. Dont like a colussus on a deed, dont buy it.

Did I already "+1" this?

Oh, I think I did....   ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ruger said:

Welcome to wurm where developers have a shiny suggestion thread where suggestions very rarely get added or a developers comment. Please visit Wurm Unlimited if you would like this feature.

/end sarcastic-truth

-1 Colossus were added to be permanent momento's to an area history and a time passed. They are the "ruins" to this game. Dont like an area with a colussus, dont deed it. Dont like a colussus on a deed, dont buy it.

This permanent memento decays, but very slow.

aaaaaand maker stil can move it or destroy it, so what if people want to make memento and maker change his mind after some time? He gonna destroy it. Or new owner buy a maker's character?

Edited by Wilczan

12 hours ago, Ruger said:

/end sarcastic-truth

They aren't like other epic items and should act like regular ruins. Other epic items cannot even be deeded over. Since these can, they should be no different than old, rotting farm fences. I think Colossi should change owner to the person who deeds over them. I think towers should too but I also understand this would be a fundamental break in PvP where they must first be captured and control taken or some sort of thing like that.

• Like 4

This is a sandbox game.  Everything in a sandbox can be pushed over and trampled on except if they have been specifically vetted by GM team to be "heritaged" for various reasons.  As far as colossus goes:

1. If not on deed, they should be taking damage.

2. If on deed, they should not be taking damage (protected like structures and buildings).

3. If hey are on deed, mayor can destroy them (regardless of who created them).

4. If they are a special tribute to a passed away player, request GM team to grant it heritage status and not take decay whether on deed or not.  This can be marked clearly so anyone who wants to deed there will be aware they are heritage and won't be destroyed or taking damage, ever.

• Like 8

what about  Obelisks they stop you even being able to deed .one is 18 months old and abandoned and it's stupid you cannot kill it

Edited by Toecutter
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Toecutter said:

what about  Obelisks they stop you even being able to deed .one is 18 months old and abandoned and it's stupid you cannot kill it

Can someone explain this? You can't deed if an obelisk is there? What is the sense to this?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Toecutter said:

1 minute ago, LorraineJ said:

Can someone explain this? You can't deed if an obelisk is there? What is the sense to this?

I think because they are mission items in that they are mission destinations. "Fo wants four of you to do X at Y with a Z."

+1 to some way of being able to remove collosiColossiCollsususes.  Big honking leftover statues.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Pandalet said:

+1 to some way of being able to remove collosiColossiCollsususes.  Big honking leftover statues.

:lol: Panda!

• Like 1